Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:40:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Faulkner  (Read 4611 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Faulkner
« on October 30, 2022, 08:41:30 pm by philsky »

Looking forward to watching the full match replay and to see again BF’s clever footwork.

The lads special.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: Faulkner
« Reply #1 on October 30, 2022, 09:14:33 pm by bpoolrover »
would start him every game and offer him a new 3 year contract quickly

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 31, 2022, 08:55:38 am by craigdrfc »
Would be interested to know where we stand with Bobby at the moment in terms of contract/clauses etc. He certainly looks like one who could earn us a few quid down the line.

It is time we had a situation where we have been able to develop and seriously cash in on a player.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 31, 2022, 09:44:47 am by roversdude »
He really isn’t fazed by anything is he, what a prospect this lad is. Very proud parents too, was stood next his mother at a game who was (understandably) telling everyone he was her son.
Hope the lads out on loan are training with the first team as I think they will learn a lot from DS and his coaching, think Kuleya in particular and Degruchy both have big futures

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 31, 2022, 10:32:27 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The big rumour is he's moving on, be interesting to see if that is the case.  Obviously great for him if he does and hopefully good for us financially if a big club has come in.  The model for us as a club like it or not has to be to sell these players on and reinvest, it's the only way we'll grow without owners throwing money at it.

He was certainly impressive on Saturday and it is surprising he's not featured a little more, but potentially understandable.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 31, 2022, 11:56:54 am by selby »
  Don't panic he has a lengthy contract with the club that can be extended and improved, is in front of planned progress as far as the first team goes expecting to be out on loan for the majority of this season, and the club have been very good with him.
  The best place for him to be at the moment is here with the injury situation as he is needed at least as cover by the manager, if everyone returns fit in the near future then the decision whether he plays as a first choice or goes on loan will have to be made by the manager, as he needs game time not sitting on the bench.
   As for him moving on I have heard nothing and is not in his head as far as I know, his main aim in life is doing well for Doncaster Rovers and seeing how far that can take him at the moment.

edlored

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 31, 2022, 12:53:26 pm by edlored »
A proper defender tackles like he means it no just trying to nick the ball with that lad

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 31, 2022, 12:58:13 pm by Plumbster »
How high he will go is imho partly dependent on how comfortable he becomes on the ball- he has already shown he has something but he should really benefit from the style that DS is looking for which will hopefully build the confidence and composure of all our defenders.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 31, 2022, 01:54:55 pm by selby »
  Do you mean like he did on the edge of Hartlepool's box Plumbster, I am still waiting for some of our forwards to do what he did.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 31, 2022, 02:03:48 pm by glosterred »
Seen on Twitter that he’s been training with Man Utd today, good luck to the lad if that comes off

COYR

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 31, 2022, 02:29:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Looking forward to watching the full match replay and to see again BF’s clever footwork.

The lads special.

See the clever footwork here

https://youtu.be/pEPvvgeRmjo

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 31, 2022, 03:06:29 pm by Guernsey Exile »
Seen on Twitter that he’s been training with Man Utd today, good luck to the lad if that comes off

COYR

I assume its part of the training arrangement we have with them. I think two of their academy kids are with at the moment

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 31, 2022, 03:48:44 pm by anton123 »
Wouldn’t mind that young Man U winger who played left wing other night in Europe on loan for season if we give them first dibs on Bobby

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 31, 2022, 05:06:47 pm by graingrover »
posted on Twitter by his Dad

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 31, 2022, 06:09:47 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
https://t.co/n1uEsiTUsA

Well done to Copps for getting that sorted for Bobby, that experience will do him the world of good.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 31, 2022, 06:16:44 pm by steve@dcfd »
It also on Twitter how true I do not know but Hurst is said to be there aswell as Faulkner

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 31, 2022, 06:17:37 pm by graingrover »
I agree it is another encouraging proof of the new Copps-led culture.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 31, 2022, 06:52:56 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Does this affect his availability for first team appearances for Rovers?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 31, 2022, 06:59:10 pm by Filo »
Lets hope he doesn’t come back injured

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 31, 2022, 06:59:22 pm by Chris Black come back »
He’s there for two midweek days this week, so I doubt it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 31, 2022, 07:01:16 pm by drfchound »
Let’s hope he comes back with some new ideas and added experience.
It has to be good for his development.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 31, 2022, 07:13:24 pm by Copps is Magic »
It sounds like a great initiative.

I feel he's got everything ability and physicality-wise to make a top player. It's all in his noggin from here. Does he want to push himself (constantly) to be a top top pro and not just another footballer making a living?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 31, 2022, 07:49:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Must be great to feel valued and your club give you this sort of opportunity. I'm sure he'll enjoy every minute of it and will try to impress. It can only make him better and perhaps value DRFC and his advice from Copps even more.

Sounds like a good club relationship forming with Man U too.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 31, 2022, 07:55:22 pm by GazLaz »
It will be a nice experience for him at United I’m sure but I’m not sure it will make any difference to anything long term. Glorified school trip.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 31, 2022, 09:49:37 pm by Michael Shaw »
I fully appreciate that everyone in every walk of life has to take every opportunity that is presented to them. But it concerns me that if we have a good manager he gets poached, and if we identify young good talent we don't keep and use them. There seems a certain futility in what we do when we can't keep and use the best managers and players ourselves and progress as a club. Good luck to him nevertheless.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 31, 2022, 10:26:12 pm by danumdon »
I fully appreciate that everyone in every walk of life has to take every opportunity that is presented to them. But it concerns me that if we have a good manager he gets poached, and if we identify young good talent we don't keep and use them. There seems a certain futility in what we do when we can't keep and use the best managers and players ourselves and progress as a club. Good luck to him nevertheless.

I think we missed our very big chance towards the end of the SOD era, we were up there in tier two,holding our own playing attractive football with the spotlight being upon us quite frequently. I know its like hindsight but at that moment in time we were on the cusp of something very special. I don't know the full ins and outs be it financial or otherwise but an increased injection at that very point to try to keep hold of a very decent squad and develop it could of seen us now emulating the likes of Bournemouth and Brentford (on a fraction of their cost)

Im not telling the owner how to run his affairs and i've always been very grateful for his help and input into our club at whatever level he deems fit.

But, we can dream it.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 31, 2022, 10:39:48 pm by ForsolongaRover »
It does prompt speculation about just how good the coaching there might be. You imagine that there are scores of hopeful youngsters at these PL clubs. Will Faulkner be placed with the very best of them or just mixed with the general mass? Although you would expect the best coaches with the most advanced coaching methods you wonder how good their protégées are who emerge. The PL U21s do not usually progress as well as you might expect in the Papa John thing do they? And very few of them graduate to the first team squads of these PL clubs.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 31, 2022, 10:52:16 pm by Michael Shaw »
Everyone who has seen Faulkner has been impressed. It is an amazing opportunity he can't turn down, but if he turns out to be he next Theo Walcott it's a shame he is not helping Rovers get back to league one. There's nothing more important right now than getting out of this league, or we might end up stuck here. That's football. We can only hope.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 01, 2022, 01:48:57 am by Colemans Left Hook »
It will be a nice experience for him at United I’m sure but I’m not sure it will make any difference to anything long term. Glorified school trip.

"Au contraire mon ami" 

the difference is, a school trip goes by coach

whilst he is going to Man United to be coached :scarf:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 01, 2022, 11:02:05 am by IDM »
Everyone who has seen Faulkner has been impressed. It is an amazing opportunity he can't turn down, but if he turns out to be he next Theo Walcott it's a shame he is not helping Rovers get back to league one. There's nothing more important right now than getting out of this league, or we might end up stuck here. That's football. We can only hope.

This trip does not necessarily mean a transfer is in the offing.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012