Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 03:33:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: JJ Price.  (Read 1771 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
JJ Price.
« on January 26, 2023, 08:41:29 pm by Colin C No.3 »
For reasons I can't quite recall, I got round to thinking about players past & present who have represented Rovers over the years.

Jamie Price, again for reason's I can't quite recall, came to mind.

There was a player who played with a smile on his face & put a smile on yours at the same time. So pleased that he is a member of the Rovers Hall of Fame. Who can ever forget his thumbs up to the fans after he'd just scored & the chant of 'AFRO, AFRO GOAL MACHINE, AFRO, GOAL MA

There have of course been many others.

What a signing Leo Fortune West was for us. Bless Dave Penney for bringing the 'right' centre forward to the club at the 'right time'.
Does anyone remember Jamie McSporran? I cant recall seeing many faster wingers in a Rovers shirt. I was at Belle Vue the night his achillies heel snapped. I could swear I could hear the snap from where I stood. One minute he was flying down the right wing with the ball at his feet the next 'BANG' & he was in a crumpled heap. I don't think he ever played again.

Memories eh. Harmless memories.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: JJ Price.
« Reply #1 on January 26, 2023, 09:17:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think JJ came out near top on a poll some while ago as being one of the best characters and performers in a Rovers shirt. A really humble bloke with a top sense of humour. Knew how to play the crowd as well as score goals.

Yes, how can you forget Jermaine! I think he did that injury in the League cup giant killing v Ipswich at Belle Vue, one that was the warm up for the following seasons cup run!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 26, 2023, 09:23:25 pm by roversdude »
Top bloke real laugh

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 26, 2023, 09:24:45 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
Didn’t mcsporran and the team score an identical goal to one of the Brazil teams of years gone past? I seem to remember the goals be showed side by side on soccer am

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 26, 2023, 09:27:40 pm by drfchound »
Pricey had great skill too.
Who could forget that disguised pass to Jonathan Forte at the Millenium Stadium for the tap in.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 26, 2023, 09:33:37 pm by Filo »
For reasons I can't quite recall, I got round to thinking about players past & present who have represented Rovers over the years.

There was a player who played with a smile on his face & put a smile on yours at the same time. So pleased that he is a member of the Rovers Hall of Fame. Who can ever forget his thumbs up to the fans after he'd just scored & the chant of 'AFRO, AFRO GOAL MACHINE, AFRO, GOAL MA

What a signing Leo Fortune West was for us. Bless Dave Penney for bringing the 'right' centre forward to the club at the 'right time'.
Does anyone remember Jamie McSporran? I cant recall seeing many faster wingers in a Rovers shirt. I was at Belle Vue the night his achillies heel snapped. I could swear I could hear the snap from where I stood. One minute he was flying down the right wing with the ball at his feet the next 'BANG' & he was in a crumpled heap. I don't think he ever played again.

Thought McSporran did his knee cap

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 26, 2023, 10:00:42 pm by Colin C No.3 »

I stand to be corrected.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 26, 2023, 10:03:55 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I stand to be corrected.
So did McSporran after his op.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 26, 2023, 10:04:32 pm by DMnumber4 »
McSporran's high point was that "Brazil" goal at Oldham I think it was.

The dislocated knee cap at OBV (against Bradford?) was unjust.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 26, 2023, 10:39:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The thing that most impressed me most about Jason Price was the amount of time he would spend chatting with the kids around the ground - and yes, always with a smile on his face.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 26, 2023, 11:04:47 pm by Drover »

His goal against Ipswich was a screamer too,knocked the wind out of any Ipswich fightback.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 26, 2023, 11:08:34 pm by idler »
J.J.  did a plumbing job for me about 18 months ago. We had a good natter.
 As it said on his van. " Big hair low Prices".

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 27, 2023, 06:55:06 am by andyst79 »
Not the greatest player ever to wear the shirt but in my book a proper cult hero

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 27, 2023, 07:03:36 am by RugbyRover »
Jamie Price and JJ Price were two different players

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 27, 2023, 07:35:56 am by Donnywolf »

His goal against Ipswich was a screamer too,knocked the wind out of any Ipswich fightback.

Pleased to be stood with an Ipswich mate that night

2 memories diametrically opposed of course

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 27, 2023, 09:36:26 am by roversdude »
Was talking to JJ at the recent legends game - still had time for everyone Great guy

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 27, 2023, 12:56:14 pm by TheFunk »
The thing that most impressed me most about Jason Price was the amount of time he would spend chatting with the kids around the ground - and yes, always with a smile on his face.

I remember one game when he was on the bench. ROK had to go and tell him to get back on the bench as he was playing football with a couple of little kids just behind the fence.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 27, 2023, 07:35:05 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Wasn’t the most talented but his personality and attitude seemed to be spot on.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 28, 2023, 07:54:57 am by drfchound »
His attitude is still great.
Those who don’t get to games will sadly not have seen him earlier this season when he was a guest of the club.
He had been on the pitch with other former players at half time and on his way back to the East Stand he continually stopped to sign autographs for kids and have pictures taken with them.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 28, 2023, 08:36:07 am by ian1980 »
I remember sitting in the stand with my wife and as JJ walked up the stairs she asked if he’d mind having a selfie with us.

In the most serious of faces he said something like ‘no, I’m not doing that’ and carried on walking up the steps.

My wife turned to me with the most disgusted look of her face just as JJ span round laughing his head off and said “of course I can” - hilarious.

Came and had selfies with us and the people round us and a bit of a chat as well

Top bloke

It also shows you don’t have to be the best footballer to be a fan favourite. Good work attitude and good personality goes a long way
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 08:40:07 am by ian1980 »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012