Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:44:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Loans out  (Read 2260 times)

ncRover

• Forum Member
Loans out
« on January 24, 2023, 07:46:23 pm by ncRover »
No movement in this department yet.

Hopefully Faulkner gets a higher standard loan move and we can see him flourish and develop his attributes on the ball. Or do some think he’s first XI ready?

I think it’s Ravenhill, Barlow and maybe Long also looking for more game time. I wonder if there’s been much interest. What level would be suitable for them?

Griffiths is looking like another thoughtless signing that we are going to be stuck with until the end of next season. I can’t see many teams clamouring to take him on loan regardless of level due to his injury and fitness issues.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Loans out
« Reply #1 on January 25, 2023, 01:32:03 am by Colemans Left Hook »
No movement in this department yet.

Hopefully Faulkner gets a higher standard loan move and we can see him flourish and develop his attributes on the ball. Or do some think he’s first XI ready?

I think it’s Ravenhill, Barlow and maybe Long also looking for more game time. I wonder if there’s been much interest. What level would be suitable for them?

Griffiths is looking like another thoughtless signing that we are going to be stuck with until the end of next season. I can’t see many teams clamouring to take him on loan regardless of level due to his injury and fitness issues.

Assuming Scunthorpe is still near Doncaster !!!! why don't we loan a "job lot" out to Scunny  think they might take anybodies !! just like Tommy Docherty did for us ( yes they were transfers and swopsis)

In fact why didnt we do that to get Lavery - we seem to have paid a fee for him

also  funnily enough earlier today I was thinking if they sold (?) their ground in desperation we might let them ground share   ??.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 25, 2023, 03:44:04 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Scunthorpe would be a good loan for Bobby, but would it help him develop playing in a struggling side?, I’m not sure. If he can’t get a loan at conference level then he should be kept around the squad, he has already proved he is good enough.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 25, 2023, 09:20:40 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Can Scunthorpe pay for anything though?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 25, 2023, 09:25:24 am by Campsall rover »
Beat me to it GW 
Just going to post the same.

Players are not going to go to a club if they are not going to be paid or are concerned they may not.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 25, 2023, 09:36:24 am by NickDRFC »
Beat me to it GW 
Just going to post the same.

Players are not going to go to a club if they are not going to be paid or are concerned they may not.

I think given the outgoings we’ve had I doubt we’re desperate to get subsidised wages for lower earners like Faulkner and Ravenhill. You’d hope we would see the bigger picture in terms of what moves are best for their long term development rather than who will pay the highest proportion of their wages.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 25, 2023, 09:38:50 am by Donnybax »
Can’t see us letting Ravenhill go while we only have Biggins and Close as central midfielders

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 25, 2023, 09:53:02 am by Canadian Rover »
Can’t see us letting Ravenhill go while we only have Biggins and Close as central midfielders

I'd like to see him given minutes and a chance to develop his play with us. Too often we cut loose our own players too early. So many pros speak highly of Ravenhill, I think he could do a job for us; certainly at this level.

curley

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 25, 2023, 10:32:30 am by curley »
Scunthorpe not allowed to sign players until transfer embargo is lifted.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 25, 2023, 11:20:07 am by roversdude »
Hopefully we resolve this situation before the weekend

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 25, 2023, 11:24:01 am by sedwardsdrfc »

I'd like to see him given minutes and a chance to develop his play with us. Too often we cut loose our own players too early. So many pros speak highly of Ravenhill, I think he could do a job for us; certainly at this level.

Agree with this. If he’s our back up midfielder then I’d like him to come on for 20min or so to build his confidence up. If we get a injury it’s like he’ll be going into the team knowing the manager doesn’t trust him at all.

Said this a few times about our younger players.  If they aren’t trusted off the bench or in case of emergency then why have we bothered to give them a contract.

They won’t just turn up to training one day and be good enough for the 1st team out of nothing so inevitably after 2 years they’ll go on a free having played a few minutes.

Either give them game time or loan them out and get players you actually trust to play on the bench.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 25, 2023, 11:56:20 am by Alan Southstand »
We need extra quality in the side, especially in midfield - whether we get that is another thing entirely.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 27, 2023, 11:00:27 am by Bailey Vickerage »
Scunthorpe would be a good loan for Bobby, but would it help him develop playing in a struggling side?, I’m not sure. If he can’t get a loan at conference level then he should be kept around the squad, he has already proved he is good enough.
why would it, Bobby needs to go on loan to a team that play good football as he needs to improve on the ball, that would help his development more than going to a team that is in a dogfight.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 27, 2023, 04:37:23 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
That’s what I said Bailey, it may might be a good move for games but not involving him in a relegation battle.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 27, 2023, 05:51:31 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Might Ravenhill go on loan now we’ve Larkin in?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 27, 2023, 07:32:47 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
He doesn’t seem to have great confidence in him at the moment, so a loan might be best for his career.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 27, 2023, 08:01:01 pm by Janso »
He doesn’t seem to have great confidence in him at the moment

Dying to know what gives you this impression.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 27, 2023, 08:14:38 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
He doesn’t seem to have great confidence in him at the moment

Dying to know what gives you this impression.

To be fair he hasn’t played a minute for DS.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 28, 2023, 12:41:34 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I’m referring to Ravenhill. For whatever reason he doesn’t seem to think he’s ready to start regularly. On Bobby if it was me he would be in every week at centre half at the side of Anderson.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 28, 2023, 10:06:26 am by Lesonthewest »
I’m referring to Ravenhill. For whatever reason he doesn’t seem to think he’s ready to start regularly. On Bobby if it was me he would be in every week at centre half at the side of Anderson.

Totally agree as regards to Faulkner.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012