Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:37:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bad night  (Read 4347 times)

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Bad night
« Reply #60 on November 04, 2020, 12:04:41 pm by Move DRFC »
Problem with Fej is he never seems to be on the end of or anywhere near the end of crosses. We put plenty in last night he was nowhere near any of them.

I think he's a really good finisher but needs to work on his positioning and anticipation.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on November 04, 2020, 12:07:45 pm by EasyforDennis »
Problem with Fej is he never seems to be on the end of or anywhere near the end of crosses. We put plenty in last night he was nowhere near any of them.

I think he's a really good finisher but needs to work on his positioning and anticipation.

Just being devils advocate here but maybe the crosses were nowhere near good enough?

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on November 04, 2020, 12:30:27 pm by Prez »
For those saying we are not good enough in front of goal, we are 2nd in the league for goals scored per games.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on November 04, 2020, 12:41:04 pm by Barmby Rover »
Drop Bursik and play Louis Jones.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on November 04, 2020, 12:46:06 pm by Padge_DRFC »
If you can't get a high passing rate on a pitch like Wimbledon's last night you may as well retire.
Still wondering how we haven't got all 3 points. I hope Moore can coach all the using his brain side of the game into Fej. I really think an intelligent striker in this team we'd already be 7 or 8 points better off. In between striker and goalkeeper we are excellent for a league 1 team.
Final question how has nobody ever bothered signing Piggott?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on November 04, 2020, 12:51:58 pm by Campsall rover »
If you can't get a high passing rate on a pitch like Wimbledon's last night you may as well retire.
Still wondering how we haven't got all 3 points. I hope Moore can coach all the using his brain side of the game into Fej. I really think an intelligent striker in this team we'd already be 7 or 8 points better off. In between striker and goalkeeper we are excellent for a league 1 team.
Final question how has nobody ever bothered signing Piggott?
Strange one that ref Pigott. He must love it at the Dons. Maybe he is one of a very few players who is not money motivated or overly ambitious.
Surprised if DF did not try to get him at Peterborough, or maybe he did. Think he is a better player than Clarke-Harris. Although of course he is doing well at the moment scoring regularly.

Robbo

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on November 04, 2020, 01:01:58 pm by Robbo »
I normally use PC with hard link to TV with no problems  but last night it just constantly buffered prior to kick off so switched to i-pad and no problems throughout the whole match. No tech man but why would this happen through the same wireless router?

I always watch on my iPad Pro and it’s never been a problem. Perfect picture no buffering. But those replays 😳

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on November 04, 2020, 01:54:01 pm by VivaRovers »

Just being devils advocate here but maybe the crosses were nowhere near good enough?

I don't think you're playing devils advocate at all with that; our crossing has been largely pretty poor in the games I've watched. Tendency to overhit them, or delay too long to deliver. Okenabirhie is often up against two (sometimes even three) big centre-halves, so the type of ball he needs is a low one in the gap between 'keeper and defence. There were a couple of opportunities to deliver such a ball in last night, but the player in possession just delayed hitting it; Sims delivered one, that ended up striking Okenabirhie as it was at him rather than in a position he could attack.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012