Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:49:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: IRWT Survey Results  (Read 4199 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
IRWT Survey Results
« on February 03, 2017, 07:19:57 pm by deebee »
http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/irwt-survey-results-3552996.aspx

I took part in this and thought for those that didn't you might like to read the results. I was interested to read that 72% said that their preferred method of communication was the web site.
This is an area that greatly needs improvement, If anyone is going to meet the owners night could they please ask if there are any plans to implement this. Unfortunately I cannot attend myself on this occasion. Personally I think the web site has been in need of improvement for some time, This is the first port of call for many fans both our own and those of other clubs. However many aspects of the site are out of date and the search option is next to useless. Often there are both grammar and spelling mistakes and with today's built in help that really is avoidable. If any one could add their own ideas it would be useful.   

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: IRWT Survey Results
« Reply #1 on February 03, 2017, 07:36:10 pm by silent majority »
http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/irwt-survey-results-3552996.aspx

I took part in this and thought for those that didn't you might like to read the results. I was interested to read that 72% said that their preferred method of communication was the web site.
This is an area that greatly needs improvement, If anyone is going to meet the owners night could they please ask if there are any plans to implement this. Unfortunately I cannot attend myself on this occasion. Personally I think the web site has been in need of improvement for some time, This is the first port of call for many fans both our own and those of other clubs. However many aspects of the site are out of date and the search option is next to useless. Often there are both grammar and spelling mistakes and with today's built in help that really is avoidable. If any one could add their own ideas it would be useful.   

The website is a 3rd party EFL template that most football clubs in the EFL sign up for. The amount of control the club have over the layout is minimal.

The EFL have negotiated with a new supplier for season 2017/18 with a whole host of new features and some relatively ground breaking techniques.(or at least that's the plan!!)

Therefore I wouldn't waste too much energy on organising a supporters revolt just yet.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 03, 2017, 08:26:48 pm by i_ateallthepies »
SM, I think the point of DeeBee's post is the quality of the content, which is entirely within the control of the club.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 03, 2017, 08:59:46 pm by silent majority »
SM, I think the point of DeeBee's post is the quality of the content, which is entirely within the control of the club.

I wouldn't agree with that. The search function which he mentions is a template issue. Spelling and grammar issues are one persons opinion so not necessarily correct. See his post above.

Furthermore the results of the survey should be celebrated, look how positive the club score on so many issues and yet we use those results to criticise the club.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 09:25:58 pm by silent majority »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 03, 2017, 10:46:53 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Yes aspects of the report should be used to celebrate the clubs achievements, that doesn't stop other aspects being critisised  72% of fans  (and other clubs) look at the website for info, to be honest its slow to update with news, it does tend to be littered with spelling mistakes and awful grammar and thats not just one persons personal opinion,  there was a thread on here recently,   

Search engine, a template issue, how long has the present incumbents had the contract to provide and its not been sorted?

There is too much reliance on social media update on on twitter and facebook,  the website should be updated with the same info pretty quickly say within half an hour there is no excuse nowadays.

As pointed out on another thread
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VylPxKZcUBc&feature=youtu.be   brilliant

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 03, 2017, 11:27:04 pm by silent majority »
Aspects of the report daggers? 90 % of the survey results are extremely good putting us well in front of most clubs, if not all clubs throughout the football league. This report should be celebrated and not left to one individual with an axe to grind to set the tone.

Not one of those results was a real area for criticism, some were not as good as others but the advocacy score was exceptionaly high. The website scored just short of 7 which was good to excellent.

Areas for discussion and observation certainly. Areas for improvement of course. But areas for criticism? Not according to those scores.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 04, 2017, 10:23:05 am by deebee »
I do not have an axe to grind. As for the excuses you make on behalf of the club I would like to share a quote to you from an Egghead. Don't spend time on what you are good at, concentrate at what your not.
Admittedly there are good points, but that does not excuse the fact that there is room for improvement.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 04, 2017, 10:31:31 am by silent majority »
I do not have an axe to grind. As for the excuses you make on behalf of the club I would like to share a quote to you from an Egghead. Don't spend time on what you are good at, concentrate at what your not.
Admittedly there are good points, but that does not excuse the fact that there is room for improvement.

Can you point me in the direction of where I said you had an axe to grind? Or even where I used excuses on behalf of the club?

The website is a source of frustration for the club and has been for a while, but the EFL do have a new supplier lined up for next season. No excuses!

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 04, 2017, 10:36:24 am by deebee »
Try here copied from your post above.
Aspects of the report daggers? 90 % of the survey results are extremely good putting us well in front of most clubs, if not all clubs throughout the football league. This report should be celebrated and not left to one individual with an axe to grind to set the tone.

Not one of those results was a real area for criticism, some were not as good as others but the advocacy score was exceptionaly high. The website scored just short of 7 which was good to excellent.

Areas for discussion and observation certainly. Areas for improvement of course. But areas for criticism? Not according to those scores.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 04, 2017, 11:44:28 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
The provision of the Website/Player is a bit like the catering. Provided by a third party and pretty much out of the clubs control. Like it or lump it!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 04, 2017, 12:29:32 pm by i_ateallthepies »
DBR, that sounds like you're saying that the litany of problems RP users experience are largely the fault of the third party provider.  Yet, every single time I've had to resort to using the opposition's Player feed, theres has been entirely trouble-free (and staffed by commentators who sound like commentators, but that is another debate).  And that experience is reported commonly by others using Rovers Player.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 04, 2017, 06:31:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I agree with you. The service we get isn't as good as it could be. I've commented a few times that we always seem to be the last to air post match reaction.

Although the commentary service of late seems to be more stable, we seem to have more technical issues than other clubs.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 04, 2017, 07:12:12 pm by wesisback »
Where was this available? I didn't see it advertised on the official site or any of the social media pages?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 06, 2017, 11:19:55 am by wing commander »
   You cant argue with those results and the club should be pleased that everything is going in the right direction and there efforts are being rewarded with result like those..Of course everyone has there own perceptions and I have to admit how they scored so highly on the section about catering,quality product range and value for money is a total mystery to me but that's just my own perception and obviously isn't what others think and that's fair enough...So well done to everyone involved in achieving these improvments...

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 06, 2017, 02:26:38 pm by swintonrover »
Do we know how many people said they'd go to Thailand if Rovers organised a package?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 06, 2017, 02:30:22 pm by silent majority »
Do we know how many people said they'd go to Thailand if Rovers organised a package?

The results were in there, and it wasn't many, but I cant remember the number. Maybe somebody can ask at the MTO tonight?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 06, 2017, 03:23:02 pm by wing commander »
   Tbh For the majority of Rovers fans a trip to Thailand would be a once in a lifetime opportunity and you would be better served going to the places you want to see rather than wherever Rovers were having a knockabout...lol

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 06, 2017, 03:44:44 pm by Drover »

Can you point me in the direction of where I said you had an axe to grind? Or even where I used excuses on behalf of the club?

The website is a source of frustration for the club and has been for a while, but the EFL do have a new supplier lined up for next season. No excuses!

SM,Im sure you do alot for the club and fans,and thats commendable,but I have to say,when some fans make critisms,you seem to take it too personal and go very defensive and critise them for critising.Isn't the ideaology of the IRWT to engage with fans to make improvements if possible,not to brag how good the club is already at most things,which I add is very commendable in it own right.Take the recent thread commenting on how the site has very little replies to many threads but often high numbers of views.Posing the question,are viewers put off posting due to getting negative replies.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 06, 2017, 04:39:13 pm by silent majority »

SM,Im sure you do alot for the club and fans,and thats commendable,but I have to say,when some fans make critisms,you seem to take it too personal and go very defensive and critise them for critising.Isn't the ideaology of the IRWT to engage with fans to make improvements if possible,not to brag how good the club is already at most things,which I add is very commendable in it own right.Take the recent thread commenting on how the site has very little replies to many threads but often high numbers of views.Posing the question,are viewers put off posting due to getting negative replies.

Drover, I take your point on board. IRWT is all about fan engagement and quite rightly is utilising surveys of this kind so as to create a work load and focus on where we take this next. We're exceptionally good at this, possibly one of the best in the whole country, if not the best.

But it is extremely frustrating to see such positive news spun in such a way to suit certain individuals who only ever post on this site when they have something negative to say. Not only that but he's factually incorrect. The website template is not under the clubs control, its an EFL template. I was frustrated that the individual ignored that for reasons of his own.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 06, 2017, 05:24:43 pm by deebee »
SM I take it you are aiming that at me again. I post many things on here some helpful, some joining in praise where it is due and some to criticise where that is also due. I did not pick fault with the layout I already knew that was out of the clubs hands. What is in the clubs hands is the content and this should always be presented in a professional manner. There is no excuse these days for spelling mistakes and bad grammar. There is also no reason why up to date information is not displayed when you do a search, not photographs from 20014. I merely wanted some one to ask tonight if there were plans to improve the site and to some extent you have answered that thank you.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 07, 2017, 09:49:54 am by wing commander »
    I think both points have merit...The club is being proactive with working alongside the supporters groups again, something that certainly had seen to drop off...IRWT is back on the table for a start...Rome is never built in a day and I think as fans as long as you feel progress is being made then your happy..Some things  take time to implement and then more time to be noticed but on the whole..None of us can have many complaints about the work the club and supporters groups are doing and we are lucky to have both the clubs commitment and the people giving up there time freely to work alongside them for our benefit....
     That said sometimes the weakest areas are the one that are subbed out to third party's..The website is a template used by every league club but if you have a hunt around there are many with twice the content that ours does...Personally I would be getting the person in charge of it to start looking at the new format that is coming...Planning how he/she is going to maximise its potential from the start rather than wasting time improving this current site which will soon be replaced....

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 07, 2017, 09:54:30 am by idler »
The starting point should be looking at other club's sites.
We should be at least be able to match anything that they offer as a minimum.
Surely all clubs would be willing to share ideas to make the sites better for all fans.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 07, 2017, 12:02:48 pm by Lifelong supporter »
SM I take it you are aiming that at me again. I post many things on here some helpful, some joining in praise where it is due and some to criticise where that is also due. I did not pick fault with the layout I already knew that was out of the clubs hands. What is in the clubs hands is the content and this should always be presented in a professional manner. There is no excuse these days for spelling mistakes and bad grammar. There is also no reason why up to date information is not displayed when you do a search, not photographs from 20014. I merely wanted some one to ask tonight if there were plans to improve the site and to some extent you have answered that thank you.

When it comes to the website I think the problem is resources.
Relegation from the Championship led to cutbacks throughout the club, including the media department which has a heavy workload.
Luke, who is in charge now, seems to be doing a good job but has lost Tom and Jordan, who I think were trained journalists, and they have to rely on a number of part-timers and trainees.
I agree with what you say about spelling and poor grammar but everyone can make mistakes.
In fact, in the second line of your post you've missed out an apostrophe.
It's easily done.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012