Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:04:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Todays game  (Read 6194 times)

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
Todays game
« on February 04, 2017, 05:53:14 pm by phil o sophical »
Too many of our players having an off day for whatever for whatever reason. They came to hustle and frustrate and it worked but we're going to have to get used to that. At least it will be good practice for next week because any team managed by Westley will use exactly the same tactics                       

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
Re: Todays game
« Reply #1 on February 04, 2017, 06:27:52 pm by esdailles left foot »
We could play them 100 times and beat them 99. So frustrating.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 04, 2017, 07:22:51 pm by Lesonthewest »
Always thought today could be a banana skin, wounded animal mentality coupled with a few very good away results. At least we kept the unbeaten run going.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 04, 2017, 07:45:32 pm by idler »
Over the last two games we have gained one point more than Plymouth and improved our goal difference over them by 3.
Not bad, start again Friday.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 04, 2017, 08:46:01 pm by drfchound »
I love positive thinking.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 04, 2017, 08:58:12 pm by Campsall rover »
Nothing to worry about. Just one of those days when it just wasn't going to be our day. We didn't do a lot wrong. Should have had at least 2 goals in the first half but finishing let us down.
Ref was hopeless again. Baudry should have been sent off as he had 3 bookable fouls and didn't get a yellow until the third.
Definate pen not given to us. What is the Lino officiating in a football league match if he can't see what 6000 people saw?
Anyway we were never going to win all our remaining games and next Fri at Newport is going to be a battle. Hope we don't get any injuries.
Don't trust Westley to play a fair game. Any tactics will do to stop us I fear. Onwards and upwards towards our ultimate goal. :rtid:

ballysbackin

« Reply #6 on February 04, 2017, 11:29:49 pm by ballysbackin »
I had this theory about today and why we had so many shots kicked off the line of diverted.. Their shit coloured kit was a very dull grey and on the turn of a head players would shoot at an empty are of goal just to have it kicked away because the camouflage kit blended in with the crowds clothing and Donny;'s players did not identify that the players were not spectators. Very true - Does anyone remember Manchester United in a similar kit at Southampton and at half time Fergie had them change because they could not pick out players against the backdrop of the crowd.  I am not totally daft.... :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: 

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 04, 2017, 11:34:18 pm by tommy toes »
Nobody anywhre has mentioned their disallowed goal for offside early on.
The cross didn't touch anyone and went straight in. I was right in line with it.
We were very lucky to get away with that.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 04, 2017, 11:35:05 pm by idler »
I remember that kit Bally.🙂

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 04, 2017, 11:37:00 pm by RobTheRover »
Nobody anywhre has mentioned their disallowed goal for offside early on.
The cross didn't touch anyone and went straight in. I was right in line with it.
We were very lucky to get away with that.

It wasnt a direct free kick.  The ref had his hand in the air.

ballysbackin

« Reply #10 on February 04, 2017, 11:42:20 pm by ballysbackin »
That being said, the ball went straight in and their goal went in the same place ank keeper rooted to spot for both ???????? Him and defenders not talking

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 05, 2017, 12:16:27 am by RoversAlias »
It was chalked off for offside, one of the forwards ran near the keeper as it went in, so seemed a good decision to me.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 05, 2017, 12:29:02 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I had this theory about today and why we had so many shots kicked off the line of diverted.. Their shit coloured kit was a very dull grey and on the turn of a head players would shoot at an empty are of goal just to have it kicked away because the camouflage kit blended in with the crowds clothing and Donny;'s players did not identify that the players were not spectators. Very true - Does anyone remember Manchester United in a similar kit at Southampton and at half time Fergie had them change because they could not pick out players against the backdrop of the crowd.  I am not totally daft.... :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

You are Sir Alex Ferguson and i think i deserve a tenner :laugh:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 05, 2017, 09:36:31 am by IDM »
It was chalked off for offside, one of the forwards ran near the keeper as it went in, so seemed a good decision to me.

there were 4 morecambe players in an offside position when the free kick was taken.. I was right in line. One of them either got a touch or was close enough to, or in line of sight of the goalie, to be judged to be interfering.

Also for their goal there was at least one player in front of the keeper.  I couldn't tell if he started offside or onside though...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 05, 2017, 08:42:41 pm by drfchound »
Agreed on them having two players offside when the ball was kicked for their disallowed goal.
It is something I regularly watch for and comment on at the games.
The forwards gain an advantage from their starting position and would always be interfering with play by distracting the keeper.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 05, 2017, 08:53:57 pm by phil o sophical »
The legendary Brian Clough probably summed it up when he said if a player isn't interfering with play he shouldn't be on the pitch.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 05, 2017, 08:57:38 pm by drfchound »
Yes he did and how true.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 05, 2017, 09:04:04 pm by IDM »
Wasn't that bill shankly?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 05, 2017, 09:06:37 pm by drfchound »
No, it was Clough.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 05, 2017, 09:08:21 pm by IDM »
oh ok..

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 06, 2017, 04:07:30 pm by Milepostuk »
oh ok..

It has also been attributed to Bill Shankly

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 06, 2017, 05:11:00 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Shanks' famous quote was the one about football not being a matter of life and death.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 06, 2017, 06:17:23 pm by roversdude »
Was Clough referencing Weeds and their disallowed goal

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 06, 2017, 09:12:38 pm by drfchound »
oh ok..

It has also been attributed to Bill Shankly

Yes, by IDM earlier in the thread.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 06, 2017, 09:46:31 pm by BobG »
Yes Hound. It was most definitely Cloughie who said that one. And Shanks had nowt to do with it. Not even when he was dead.

Cheers

BobG

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 07, 2017, 09:45:55 am by godlike1 »
My concern about the game was we had no apparent plan b. We are a scalp to be had at the top and teams are going to play like morecambe more and more. We are not going to be handed promotion never mind the title on a plate.

I thought Calder gave us a different option when he was here but we don't seem to have anything like that now.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 07, 2017, 09:49:38 am by Campsall rover »
Calder, are you joking, he had skill but no football brain and consequently no end product.

ballysbackin

« Reply #27 on February 07, 2017, 09:50:57 am by ballysbackin »
Shanks' famous quote was the one about football not being a matter of life and death.

So did Ian Holloway a season back. "There are other more important things in life, if we win we do, if we do not we do not"..Or similar  And oh how true that is

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 07, 2017, 09:54:02 am by Filo »
My concern about the game was we had no apparent plan b. We are a scalp to be had at the top and teams are going to play like morecambe more and more. We are not going to be handed promotion never mind the title on a plate.

I thought Calder gave us a different option when he was here but we don't seem to have anything like that now.

The only different option Calder gave us was to make the team weaker' his heart was never in it here

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 07, 2017, 09:57:57 am by GazLaz »
We haven't lost in god knows how long, shows plan A is not too shabby. Anyone that watches us regularly knows we have more that one way of playing. We change formation to change the attacking impetus.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012