Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:18:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Meet the owners meeting  (Read 10474 times)

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
Re: Meet the owners meeting
« Reply #60 on February 07, 2017, 09:54:50 am by Mac the hooped man »
Am I missing something? Why are we so "chuffed" about being sponsored by a company that seems to be "on the right tracks"

Manchester utd get 80 million or so from chevrolet etc, hence they bought pogba, that's why fans get excited over new sponsorship  etc 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 07, 2017, 11:22:24 am by johnny rovers »
Sounds like the five year plan will be full steam ahead if true.

Is that a hidden clue as to who the supposed next big sponsor will be ?

if so would I be in the loop if I was to add some branston pickle to my cheese doorstep sarnie

That company have also sponsored Darlington's kit - must be a rail issue and offered discount fares too. 4 adult and 1 child ticket to Kings X in August they want £371. (Return I may add)

cheap tickets aren't issued until 90 days before the day of travel. Hope you haven't bought them already
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:39:24 am by johnny rovers »

ballysbackin

« Reply #62 on February 07, 2017, 12:15:38 pm by ballysbackin »
I certainly did not buy them nor will I, I shall drive..I did not want to but I am going to....Thanks for the 90 day advice, I did not know.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on February 07, 2017, 12:34:55 pm by ravenrover »
Someone actually asked why we pass backwards and sideways? Wtf is our support?
Probably one of the 2 old lads who sit behind me screaming Gerritforard. I'm sure 1 of them will be having a heart attack judging by the colour of their faces whilst they are shouting it

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 07, 2017, 01:23:22 pm by Copps is Magic »
The Virgin east coast logos were already on Gavin Strachan's training gear and on hoardings inside the stadium on saturday.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on February 07, 2017, 01:26:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The Virgin east coast logos were already on Gavin Strachan's training gear and on hoardings inside the stadium on saturday.

I noticed them when he came out of the tunnel.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on February 07, 2017, 01:37:31 pm by Filo »
This idea might be in the deal for all I know, but there is chance to try something that might encourage Season ticket sales as well as increase away support. If every season ticket holder was offered free rail travel for away games it might encourage the away game only fan to buy a season ticket, and the flip side is the long term season ticket holder that only attends home games might be tempted to travel away

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 07, 2017, 01:41:43 pm by idler »
This idea might be in the deal for all I know, but there is chance to try something that might encourage Season ticket sales as well as increase away support. If every season ticket holder was offered free rail travel for away games it might encourage the away game only fan to buy a season ticket, and the flip side is the long term season ticket holder that only attends home games might be tempted to travel away
I can't see them going that far but an odd game with free travel or 10% discount might work.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on February 07, 2017, 01:42:36 pm by Copps is Magic »
Even with a discount Grand Central will still be cheaper. And the megabus to East Midlands Parkway - > St Pancras even cheaper.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on February 07, 2017, 02:59:07 pm by silent majority »

Yes but that's because they already sponsor our training gear.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on February 07, 2017, 03:08:33 pm by RedJ »
All positive signals.

ballysbackin

« Reply #71 on February 07, 2017, 03:54:00 pm by ballysbackin »

Something similar is at Darlo - but it is reduced fares on some services  I seem to remember

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on February 07, 2017, 05:07:27 pm by Al4475 »
First one I've missed in a while sadly! I hope they explained some of their exciting longer term strategy plans in as much detail as they could?

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 07, 2017, 05:35:20 pm by johnny rovers »
First one I've missed in a while sadly! I hope they explained some of their exciting longer term strategy plans in as much detail as they could?

They didn't because the plan is in the latter stages of being finalised, but we should be hearing a lot of positive news in the next couple of weeks!!!

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 07, 2017, 05:39:07 pm by Al4475 »
Fair enough! Can't wait to see it! We've definitely got the makings of a club on the up at all levels imo!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on February 07, 2017, 07:39:35 pm by Superspy »
Don't suppose anybody knows why season tickets aren't going on sale until quite late compared with the last 2 years?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 07, 2017, 07:43:12 pm by drfchound »
Price increase once L1 is confirmed at a guess?

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 07, 2017, 08:02:49 pm by knockers »
The whole event is available to view on the website

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on February 07, 2017, 09:03:17 pm by Susan Abbott »
Yes but it's railways they never run on time even if you're  virgin  or not .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on February 07, 2017, 09:48:56 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Well just to be negative  :blush: its a shame their customer service is crap with a "we are right and you are a pleb and wrong" attitude. 

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on February 08, 2017, 02:19:49 pm by Mac the hooped man »
Just watched the meeting, thought it went very well, there seems to be an air of calm and optimism around that top table...., the comments Re: SOD were very interesting..   There has to be a line of communication between the team manager and above, thats crucial, and fergie is deffo a people person. WHo i can imagine can sell a player to the board much more amiably than SOD ever could.
The comments by gavin were very encouraging,  how long have we used the phrase,  championship team on the pitch, non league off it!.  Finally the behind the scenes guys are catching up and actually running the place as a busines which it has to be, instead of a play thing at the whim of a rich owner..
Impressed all round,  especially considerin dick and terry were keen to offload the club not long ago.  They seem to have find their desire again which is great for all concerned.

Send from my work computer..

using a long cable plugged into the wall.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on February 08, 2017, 05:28:35 pm by Al4475 »
To be pedantic - terry and dick weren't keen to offload yonks ago - they were prepared to listen to the workability of possible takeovers that would be in the best interests of the club - the couple of bids we know about plus a mooted 'possibles' other option weren't deemed viable hence they fell through/were rejected! They always said they were happy to look after the club until a sensible and sound option was offered. The whole crowdfunder thing was imo never an option that would never come to fruition but they listened and let the architects of that fall on their own swords! Ditto the Sequentia thing!

At least that was my take on things!

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 08, 2017, 06:23:17 pm by Mac the hooped man »
To be pedantic - terry and dick weren't keen to offload yonks ago - they were prepared to listen to the workability of possible takeovers that would be in the best interests of the club - the couple of bids we know about plus a mooted 'possibles' other option weren't deemed viable hence they fell through/were rejected! They always said they were happy to look after the club until a sensible and sound option was offered. The whole crowdfunder thing was imo never an option that would never come to fruition but they listened and let the architects of that fall on their own swords! Ditto the Sequentia thing!

At least that was my take on things!

Well i quickly retract my accusations against 2 obviously honourable gentleman.   Whatever went on back then is deffo water under the bridge,  all that matters is the here and now. And right now I don't think  we could have better owners steering this great bus.  Rtid.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 08, 2017, 06:30:22 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The Sequentia thing was a risk which may or may not have pulled off in the end but with the debt we'd take on were better off being sustainable. The crowd funder was a joke, we would have gone bust if that had worked.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on February 08, 2017, 06:34:42 pm by silent majority »
The Sequentia thing was a risk which may or may not have pulled off in the end but with the debt we'd take on were better off being sustainable. The crowd funder was a joke, we would have gone bust if that had worked.

Without wishing to go over old ground it must be pointed out that we would have gone bust with Sequentia in control as well. It wasn't a risk that may have worked at all. They no longer exist as a company, gone out of business, kaput!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on February 08, 2017, 06:40:34 pm by not on facebook »
Don't want to piss on anybody's bonfire in regards of all the positive remarks above about TB and his side kick .

But English football is on a massive upwards curve at the moment
from foreign investors all lined up wanting to chuck money at owning
a English football club.

For sure this line is at its thickets as possible investors are knocking
on premeirship doors but required investment is massive

But as you drop down into the championship required investment drops somewhat ,and there is more than enough interest in that division too.

Teams are been looked at in both leagues 1 and 2 aswell as I type

The invsetors are from all over the shop USA,china,Europe,Africa, infact the only place where there is no over investment investors is from the U.K.

This surely has food for thought

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on February 08, 2017, 06:47:32 pm by silent majority »
Your arguments a bit thin. Foreign investors have been piling into English football for years, but now its especially attractive due to the profits that can be made due to FFP and the huge TV deal. Most clubs in the Championship lose significant amounts which means they dont attract too many foreign companies. At our level you may as well forget it.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on February 08, 2017, 07:13:16 pm by not on facebook »
Give it another 5 years or so and let's see where my view stands then.

I don't think the investment interest from abroad is no where near its peak today and will only get bigger.

It's been said on a sliding scale on the size of club in the championship the start up investment ideal is about the 30 million pound mark .

There are agents from U.K. going out there brining/alerting foreign
investors to whatever English clubs.

I have no idea if this effect DRFC in X amount of years or not ,but for sure in X amount of years foreign investment into English clubs will go up 10 fold.

Funny thing is when that abramovich took over at Chelsea and was throwing his money about the place just about every football fan all had negative thoughts on that practice and slagged abromovich off for
this and that.

What is more funny is that he is still at Chelsea and just about the only foriegn investor who can be seen at most home games and some reserve games.

On other side of coin look at what foriegn investor has done at Cardiff

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on February 08, 2017, 08:41:47 pm by Al4475 »
Mac: [/b] right now I don't think  we could have better owners steering this great bus.  Rtid.

100% agree!
Am sure they'll only step aside when it's right for DRFC and Doncaster in general!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012