Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:55:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Friday night?  (Read 2488 times)

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
Friday night?
« on February 06, 2017, 11:01:20 pm by Mac the hooped man »
Does anyone know if this is to be televised at all, on FB some suggested that it was on bt sports but I can't find anything?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Friday night?
« Reply #1 on February 06, 2017, 11:02:39 pm by RedJ »
BT don't have any of the rights for the Football League, so that won't be happening.

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 06, 2017, 11:29:55 pm by Mac the hooped man »
I have no end of sports channels from all over the world at my disposal at home over here via whatever means .

The site I use that is allways bang on with the sending of live football
is not showing no channels that are picking up the Newport v Doncaster rovers game .

next time donny will be live on idiot  box will be the rovers v Plymouth game as things stand today .

Cheers

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 06, 2017, 11:38:37 pm by not on facebook »
If any rovers game is picked up via whatever foreign tv station and I
clock it on my radar I will put it up on here .

Recall when a Doncaster v Plymouth game Saturday 15:00 during SOD era was on a Scandinavian channel few years back I let the cat
out of the bag and a few watched it via the net or whatever means .

That Doncaster v stoke facup game was on in the pubs across Scandinavia I recall

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 07, 2017, 12:04:53 am by RedJ »
Aye, it was on in the USA too on Fox Sports.

Ye-Aul-Tavern

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 07, 2017, 11:38:36 am by Ye-Aul-Tavern »
I watched that Plymouth game on Al Jazeera in a bar in Dublin with a satelite dish. I think we lost 2-1 at home at a time when we were not far off the play off positions and Plymouth were right down at the bottom.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 07, 2017, 12:16:34 pm by Herman Hessian »
anything that's televised can almost always be streamed via the r/soccerstreams section on reddit - excellent quality, minimal pop-ups - but you do sometimes have to put up with the US commentaries which are just laughable

plenty of HD options so you can just cast 'em on to your big expensive TV's and watch in unashamed luxury for the princely sum of no pounds and no pence - job's a good'un

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 07, 2017, 01:00:06 pm by not on facebook »
I watched that Plymouth game on Al Jazeera in a bar in Dublin with a satelite dish. I think we lost 2-1 at home at a time when we were not far off the play off positions and Plymouth were right down at the bottom.

I was on the oslo to Copenhagen ferry crossing when this game was on and it kicked off at 16:00
local time on a Saturday. There is allways two live games shown at 16:00 on saturdays out here.

a game from the premiership and a game from the championship .

I knew this and it was a man utd or a arsenal game that was been shown from the premeirship so
everything was against me as I went down to the ships pub that showed live football 1 hour before kick off.

Got a beer and asked the bar man if he could show the Doncaster v Plymouth game at 16:00, he said why not since I was only person in the pub so far and nobody else had asked for any other game.

So I was on my 4th pint by time game had started and at 16:05 all some man utd or arsenal scandinavian fans came in ,about 10 of them and not one of them went to the bar to buy a pint just all
sat down in front of tvs .

Then they asked when the man utd or arsenal game was comming on barman type of put me on the
spot and said " this lad has been in here for a hour he is on his 4th pint and you lot have no intention
of buying a drink and he asked for the Doncaster game"

If looks could kill ,but I thought fcuk them and dug my heals in.its a shame that rovers on the pitch
did not show as much fight as me as they was shite as was the game

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 07, 2017, 01:52:11 pm by idler »
We've had more false dawns than enough since I started watching the Rovers in 1958 which is why we should try to enjoy every minute now.
We have been dire a lot of my supporting life but it certainly makes you appreciate the highs.
I have also earned respect from a lot of fans from other clubs because of my loyalty. Quite a lot of people now look for Rovers results and comment on them. I have a mate in Liverpool and he's hoping to get a mini bus to come to one game.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 07, 2017, 10:43:33 pm by rover-n-out »
Idler!, I too went to my first Rovers game in 1958, as my two older brothers bundled me in the back of their Bedford Dormobile to stop me whinging as I wanted to go with them. Pretty sure it was the Blades we played and lost 1-2. Memory's not what it used to be, but like my older brothers who are sadly no longer with us, I have followed Rovers all my life. Even though I have always worked week-ends, and traveled the length and breadth of the UK doing my job, I wish I could have got to see Rovers more often. Wherever I was though, when the results came in, I always waited anxiuosly for our result. COYR!!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 08, 2017, 09:34:39 am by idler »
I spent £50 on wi fi charges while we were away in January. At least it was all good news though. It's a lot harder listening or reading text than actually watching a live game. I envy people that can walk to a home game or drive there in ten minutes. It's the time as much or more than money that restricts me these days.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012