Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:24:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Terry Bramall's comments on SOD  (Read 2235 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Terry Bramall's comments on SOD
« on February 07, 2017, 08:05:19 pm by Copps is Magic »
Just had a chance to watch the full meet the owners on youtube.

Thought one of the most interesting comments of the night, which doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere, was from Bramall who described SOD as a "very difficult man to talk to". Also said SOD didn't want to talk to him because he was a money man and "didn't know anything about football". The relationship with Fergie seems the opposite.

Reading between the lines, the sustainability agenda wasn't really SOD's main priority. A clash of priorities/philosophies maybe?

Just found it interesting.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Terry Bramall's comments on SOD
« Reply #1 on February 07, 2017, 08:06:15 pm by RedJ »
inb4 Alickismyhero

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 07, 2017, 08:17:47 pm by GazLaz »
Got to be able to manage upwards as well as downwards as a manager.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 07, 2017, 08:21:25 pm by Prez »
I was surprised too by the comments last night. Seems SOD really is a one off when it comes to communication. Arguably one of our best managers yet such an introvert and disliked the press.

I just wonder when he asked that question to TB about the premiership if it was around the time when the blades came sniffing for him.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 07, 2017, 08:35:35 pm by German Rover »
I believe he succeeded here because he was given time by the board to sort out his team and get them playing football and coach them to play the way he wanted. That was thank to people like terry brammall not pulling the trigger when he arguably should have.  SOD  was lucky to have the board here, not the other way like he appears to think.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 07, 2017, 08:42:57 pm by roversdude »
How much was this down to ROK
A reliable source told me at the time that SOD had little input in training

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 07, 2017, 08:51:10 pm by Drover »
Agreed German Rover,Thats been my opinion too,and SOD was also well backed financially by the Rovers board.I often think it when fans talk about him being our best ever manager.Just remember the high wages bill when we had a injury list longer than your arm.And the time TB took a step back from the board when most others would have rallied to sack him.A dignified and smart move by TB.

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
Terry Bramall's comments on SOD
« Reply #7 on February 07, 2017, 09:00:30 pm by Susan Abbott »
TB may admit to knowing little to nothing about football but he's a good judge of the person and he has given his backing the right person in DF said little about anything other than except changes that were made have produced progress and he even looked interested sometimes .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:15:16 pm by Susan Abbott »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 07, 2017, 09:31:26 pm by GazLaz »
How much was this down to ROK
A reliable source told me at the time that SOD had little input in training

Everything was planned by SOD even though he might not have been on the training pitch all the time.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 07, 2017, 10:06:38 pm by idler »
Quite a few players commented on how they enjoyed working with SOD and how he gave them a new insight into the game and training.
I think that him and ROK were a very good management team while they were here.
Maybe SOD resented questions from DB who acknowledged that he knew little about football. When your money is being spent though you have every right to know where and what it is going on.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 07, 2017, 10:39:08 pm by Goole Rover »
Let's not forget the loyalty that SOD gave to our club. I was on the training ground one snowy morning when a long serving player told me that by 1200 SOD would be the new Burnley manager. The training ground was later awash with sports reporters, SOD didn't go, arguably the best manager In my time. An intelligent man who didn't suffer fools gladly.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 07, 2017, 10:44:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's hard to make a judgement on those off the cuff comments. We know with SO'Ds philosophies, not everyone gets it. Even some players didn't get it so there's no surprise the two wouldn't feel comfortable talking 'football'.

Maybe SO'D posed a,question he thought TB would understand.

At the end of the day, they're getting the balance right. How right that is, remains to be seen.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 07, 2017, 11:20:29 pm by Alickismyhero »
inb4 Alickismyhero
Yes here I come.

Its no secret that Sean, when it comes to football, cannot talk the talk but you only have to listen to players and their opinion of the man. I totally agree with Copps opinion about Sean and the Sean affected leading to the Championship period. Its silly going over old ground but, yes, I did not like the tone of TB's comments. TB strikes me as a pretty tough business man not to be messed with. I might not agree with what he said about Sean but I think TB is the right man to own the club. I thought TB would have sacked DF last season but he seems to have got that footballing decision right. DF has the support of the players just like Sean did, the show goes on and I hope we will be in the Championship very soon.
I did have a word with Gavin Baldwin at Barnet and I hope we can tie that man down at Donny for a long time because he is the brains and the work horse of the club.

RJ, I am hardly likely to desert the support for a man I think was the best manager we have ever had.  DF has still to take us to the Championship and I will reserve my judgement as to whether he is a better manager till he does, until then, I fully support the team, manager and the board.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:37:10 pm by Alickismyhero »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012