Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:36:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Question for the older rovers fans at BV  (Read 3489 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Question for the older rovers fans at BV
« Reply #30 on February 08, 2017, 08:31:48 pm by ravenrover »
You can just feal the motions or questions you asked yer sen that day

1. . . Is it on or off?

2. . . Should I have brought my spade?

3. . . Where is everybody

4.  . . maybe they will all turn up

5. . . Have I got the correct kick off time

6. . . You have got to be kidding me FFS are you sure
That made me smile

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 08, 2017, 08:42:48 pm by Filo »
I remember watching us at Watford (late 70's/early 80's) and ours was the only game on in London due to waterlogged pitches.
Me and my mate went on the train and after running the gauntlet of Chelsea fans at Euston managed to get to the ground, where it was chucking it down.
Once in, we (probably 40/50 Rovers) found ourselves being chased by various fans from other teams whose games had been called off, as well as Watford!
(I vaguely remember forming an uneasy alliance with another bunch of fans, (possibly Luton) who were also getting some clog, to try get out of there unscathed)
Throw in being piss wet through, a 6-0 defeat, dodging the Chelsea fans at Euston and a 2 hour delay on the way home, not the greatest away day ever.
(We did have 3 goals disallowed as well).
Glory days!

I was at that one although on the Supporters' Club bus with the late Ken Avis.

The game at Vicarage Road was only given the go-ahead about an hour before kick off. We discussed going to Highbury if it was called off. I'm pretty sure that one went ahead too.

Ours did go ahead and as you say we got gubbed 6-0.

Much later that evening I caught the bus home from Christ Church back to Hatfield and Ian Miller and Peter Bowden got on. They got off just before Sandall Park. You wouldn't get that now!

Nah, they've probably moved away from the area now 😀😀😀

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 08, 2017, 09:28:05 pm by Drover »
I'm almost sure that on at least one occasion a coach full of Rovers fans called at another game on the way back from a postponed fixture.
Somewhere in the midlands I think.
I remamber one of our away games at Port Vale was called off late,I heard some had diverted to another match that day.I also remember a coach load of fans,standing near us on the Mainstand terrace closest to rosso end,in the 80s after their games at scunny was postponed.The mind plays tricks,but I think it might have been Aldershot fans.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:52:41 pm by Drover »

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 08, 2017, 09:30:25 pm by Drover »
Oh and there was coach loads of Donny whites at belle vue everytime Leeds never played.  :whistle: :silly: :silly:

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 08, 2017, 10:44:07 pm by Tiddysdad »
I remember that when Donny played Friday nights at Torquay and we used to call in on Exeter on the Saturday on our way back.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012