Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:36:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No statement from the club?  (Read 8102 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: No statement from the club?
« Reply #30 on June 05, 2018, 09:28:18 pm by RoversAlias »
It's not as if he had a meeting with the board and Blunt stood up and pissed in Fergie's coffee though is it?

An extreme exaggeration I know, but it doesn't sound like the board "did something he disagrees with" in that sense, more they said "this is enough money for you" and Fergie said "no it's not, I'll go and find a club who will offer me more".

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 05, 2018, 09:46:04 pm by selby »
  Is everyone ignoring the fact there has been an open secret that he has been in for the MK Dons job according to their forum since before May 20th.
 If the board got wind of it they would not like it, if he has got the job the statement shifts the blame onto the board, and he looks good, and it is announced a little later.
  I await the outcome with interest. He could have been tapped up, or just got fed up with us, the best of luck to him, we can do better.
  The Accrington manager would interest me. If he does not get the MK job he will pick something up, and although he may not think so it will be because the Board he is now at loggerheads with stood by him when he would have got his cards at any other club.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 05, 2018, 09:53:41 pm by wesisback »
  Is everyone ignoring the fact there has been an open secret that he has been in for the MK Dons job according to their forum since before May 20th.
 If the board got wind of it they would not like it, if he has got the job the statement shifts the blame onto the board, and he looks good, and it is announced a little later.
  I await the outcome with interest. He could have been tapped up, or just got fed up with us, the best of luck to him, we can do better.
  The Accrington manager would interest me. If he does not get the MK job he will pick something up, and although he may not think so it will be because the Board he is now at loggerheads with stood by him when he would have got his cards at any other club.
An interesting theory.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 06, 2018, 09:58:11 am by bobjimwilly »
We've got a VSC Director, a fellow fan with no agenda than making sure the club is run properly in the eyes of fans, having regular one-on-ones with the CEO of the club and feeding back what he has been told in person, and loads of you throw it back in his face if it's not the info you want/expect/like. Other than that what more can we f*cking ask of the club?

"Never mind that, I want a statement from the club, in writing, on the website, so I can sleep at night"....

WTF?

Grow up.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 06, 2018, 10:05:41 am by GazLaz »

Tisdale is going in at MK.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 06, 2018, 10:19:10 am by Glyn_Wigley »
We've got a VSC Director, a fellow fan with no agenda than making sure the club is run properly in the eyes of fans, having regular one-on-ones with the CEO of the club and feeding back what he has been told in person, and loads of you throw it back in his face if it's not the info you want/expect/like. Other than that what more can we f*cking ask of the club?

"Never mind that, I want a statement from the club, in writing, on the website, so I can sleep at night"....

WTF?

Grow up.

Some of them won't be happy unless they're part of the interview panel so that they know everything that happens!

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 06, 2018, 10:23:31 am by wesisback »
Harsh on Martin that Glyn. He's updating us where he can.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 06, 2018, 10:26:56 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Harsh on Martin that Glyn. He's updating us where he can.

I said 'them'.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 06, 2018, 10:39:35 am by Chris Black come back »

Tisdale is going in at MK.

Does that prediction include penalties, or not?

Genuine question.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 06, 2018, 10:56:53 am by Copps is Magic »

WTF?

Grow up.

Have you lost your marbles?

It's not a controversial request that the club communicate with the fans at large on very important, somewhat extraordinary issues. It's not controversial at all.

What has this got to do with a VSC Director? Who are you talking about and who is 'throwing it back in his face' regarding requesting for a simple statement?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 06, 2018, 11:14:49 am by Copps is Magic »
Why does he have to have found principles? It doesn’t mean he’s walked for the good of the club. I genuinely believe he’s gone because he doesn’t believe the resources are there to deliver what he wants, so will go somewhere that he believes matches his ambitions. The unrest in that sense was clear. I would direct you to the interview he gave stating that he doesn’t want to be a league one manager. But you can find it yourself.

Liam Hoden

The facts are - Rovers were caught cold with DF’s resignation. Yesterday was spent getting the house in order and deciding what they want rather than who they want. I don’t think discussions went on for particularly long on that front either #drfc

This quote seems to suggest, at least on rovers' part, there wasn't any unrest. So, again, it remains really really unclear to me what has gone on.

The only thing I can think of is that Ferguson has another job already lined up, and once its announced everything becomes a step clearer and any statement wouldn't be necessary.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:17:03 am by Copps is Magic »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 06, 2018, 12:05:55 pm by RedJ »
Milton Keynes are set to announce their new manager at 5pm tonight, I wonder if it'll be a familiar face...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 06, 2018, 12:14:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If Ferguson goes to MK Dons, one assumes we have a pretty strong breach of contract case. If we wanted to pursue that.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 06, 2018, 12:15:33 pm by GazLaz »
Milton Keynes are set to announce their new manager at 5pm tonight, I wonder if it'll be a familiar face...

Tisdale has got the job.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 06, 2018, 12:18:17 pm by Filo »
If Ferguson goes to MK Dons, one assumes we have a pretty strong breach of contract case. If we wanted to pursue that.

This is what I was alluding to in a post I made Yesterday

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 06, 2018, 01:07:49 pm by Pancho Regan »
At the end of the day, maybe it all comes down to whether or not you have faith in those running and financing our club.
I do have faith in them, so I tend on balance to give them the benefit of the doubt in these situations.

They will say what needs to be said when they are ready to do so, and that's good enough for me.
If taking a little time means that we get a clearer picture, that's fine.

I also think it's important that they maintain some dignity for the club rather than rushing out with comments that have not been fully considered, unlike some others.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 06, 2018, 01:32:56 pm by bobjimwilly »
It's not a controversial request that the club communicate with the fans at large on very important, somewhat extraordinary issues. It's not controversial at all.

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2018/june/ferguson/
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2018/june/recruitment-underway-for-new-manager/

They communicated with the fans. Just because they haven't told people juicy details that certain people demand, doesn't mean they haven't communicated.

I also think it's important that they maintain some dignity for the club rather than rushing out with comments that have not been fully considered, unlike some others.

:that:

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 06, 2018, 01:45:20 pm by Copps is Magic »
At the end of the day, maybe it all comes down to whether or not you have faith in those running and financing our club.
I do have faith in them, so I tend on balance to give them the benefit of the doubt in these situations.

They will say what needs to be said when they are ready to do so, and that's good enough for me.

I think the club is incredibly well run and I am greatful that the board fund a shortfall which gives us a competitive but realistic budget for the size of club we are.

I don't think any of that absolves responsibility to inform fans of key decisions being taken.

Some posters on here find themselves in the awkward position of wanting the fans to have greater steak in the club, but then thinking the fans don't directly need to be informed.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 06, 2018, 01:47:36 pm by since-1969 »

I think the club is incredibly well run and I am greatful that the board fund a shortfall which gives us a competitive but realistic budget for the size of club we are.

I don't think any of that absolves responsibility to inform fans of key decisions being taken.

Some posters on here find themselves in the awkward position of wanting the fans to have greater steak in the club, but then thinking the fans don't directly need to be informed.

What other industry ignores its patrons like football does,    then every year expects your financial  support whilst not being listened to on issues that effect the very essence that makes a club what it is , it’s supporters . It is a results based industry and as such our board are under achieving when comes to its 5 year planning strategy. We are privileged to have them but it’s folly to say they are on top of their game.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:02:11 pm by since-1969 »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 06, 2018, 01:49:58 pm by Copps is Magic »

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2018/june/ferguson/
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2018/june/recruitment-underway-for-new-manager/

They communicated with the fans. Just because they haven't told people juicy details that certain people demand, doesn't mean they haven't communicated.

I think its you who needs to grow up if you think I'm after 'juicy gossip'.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 06, 2018, 01:52:38 pm by bobjimwilly »
I didn't say you did?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 06, 2018, 02:41:07 pm by RedJ »

What other industry ignores its patrons like football does,    then every year expects your financial  support whilst not being listened to on issues that effect the very essence that makes a club what it is , it’s supporters . It is a results based industry and as such our board are under achieving when comes to its 5 year planning strategy. We are privileged to have them but it’s folly to say they are on top of their game.

The vast majority of clubs are nowhere near as open with their fans as this one.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 06, 2018, 02:47:19 pm by IDM »
Just out of interest, how much detail of the clubs goings on were made public, immediately, in 1969 and in the years since?

Just because modern technology allows for more immediate information sharing, it doesn’t mean we have any right to expect that..

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 06, 2018, 02:58:02 pm by Colin C No.3 »
When Fergie became manager he was asked by Radio Sheffield what had attracted him to the post. If my memory serves me correct he said something along the lines of ' The timing just felt right, the club felt right. Doncaster are known to be a well run club in football, I met with the board & was impressed with where they see the club going & I want to be a part of that. I felt the fit was right. I haven't met the players yet although obviously I know one or two of them.'

We were relegated.

Fergie had the opportunity to bounce back up with a winners medal, we all know what happened there.

We've had a season of consolidation. Fergie (going on past interviews & comments) 2 & a half years on no longer believes he can take the club any further, whatever the reasons for his change of stance ('Doncaster are known to be a well run club in football') he's gone. Has he been pursued by another club? Does he believe he can now do better than Doncaster Rovers just as he did when he left P/boro for Preston? And we all know what happened there.

Even Dean Saunders managed to 'cobble together' a team to get straight back into the Championship. Was he given a better budget than Fergie in order to do so?

The football has improved but let's be realistic, it'd be difficult not to improve on what Dickov was serving up!

So adios Fergie. Happier now with your c.v.?

So here's to the new manager. I trust this board will choose the right man. You'll be inheriting a better set of players than Fergie did granted. Just play left footed players on the left & right on the right, wingers as wingers & full backs as full backs, it generally works better.

And CIM, take a chill pill man. Go make a banner or something. Stop banging on about supporters being left in the dark, 'chastising' the board for not coming out with all guns blazing crying "It's all lies about the size of the budget, do yer hear me lies (eyes widening in Private Frazier manner) all lies I tell ye!"

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 06, 2018, 03:05:03 pm by Copps is Magic »
Bro, I'm quite chill as it is stands thanks. And if you're mixing me up with someone complaining about the budget then that's what you've done, you've mixed me up.

Why is there such an us and them mentality on this forum? Can't someone request a simple statement without being put in one camp or another.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 06, 2018, 04:12:12 pm by bedale rover »

I think that you are in the "scrag end" of opinion

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 06, 2018, 07:46:50 pm by steve@dcfd »

Even Dean Saunders managed to 'cobble together' a team to get straight back into the Championship. Was he given a better budget than Fergie in order to do so?

Colin the team that was cobbled together had a high wage bill for league 1, infact I was told that those wages were unsustainable. I appreciate it five years.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 06, 2018, 08:29:27 pm by Cantley Rover »

The vast majority of clubs are nowhere near as open with their fans as this one.

I am amazed that you have the time to study the communications with so many other clubs and their fans

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 06, 2018, 08:50:54 pm by RedJ »
Bore off. How many other clubs do you genuinely think communicate with their fans the way ours does? how many clubs do you think give the fans the chance to speak directly to the owners twice a year the way ours does?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on June 06, 2018, 08:55:17 pm by silent majority »

I am amazed that you have the time to study the communications with so many other clubs and their fans

Strangely enough I've been doing it for a long time!!

Because of the recent changes in rules around fan engagement activities all clubs have to report back to the EFL and EPL. We, as the FSF, then meet with both organisations and compare notes. We discussed the latest results just 10 days ago with the EFL.

And guess what? RedJ is spot on!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012