Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:57:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No statement from the club?  (Read 8103 times)

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
Re: No statement from the club?
« Reply #60 on June 06, 2018, 10:15:54 pm by Cantley Rover »
At the end of the day, maybe it all comes down to whether or not you have faith in those running and financing our club.
I do have faith in them, so I tend on balance to give them the benefit of the doubt in these situations.

They will say what needs to be said when they are ready to do so, and that's good enough for me.
If taking a little time means that we get a clearer picture, that's fine.

I also think it's important that they maintain some dignity for the club rather than rushing out with comments that have not been fully considered, unlike some others.

I think the club is incredibly well run and I am greatful that the board fund a shortfall which gives us a competitive but realistic budget for the size of club we are.

I don't think any of that absolves responsibility to inform fans of key decisions being taken.

Some posters on here find themselves in the awkward position of wanting the fans to have greater steak in the club, but then thinking the fans don't directly need to be informed.

What other industry ignores its patrons like football does,    then every year expects your financial  support whilst not being listened to on issues that effect the very essence that makes a club what it is , it’s supporters . It is a results based industry and as such our board are under achieving when comes to its 5 year planning strategy. We are privileged to have them but it’s folly to say they are on top of their game.

The vast majority of clubs are nowhere near as open with their fans as this one.

I am amazed that you have the time to study the communications with so many other clubs and their fans

Strangely enough I've been doing it for a long time!!

Because of the recent changes in rules around fan engagement activities all clubs have to report back to the EFL and EPL. We, as the FSF, then meet with both organisations and compare notes. We discussed the latest results just 10 days ago with the EFL.

And guess what? RedJ is spot on!!

Oh I didn't realise RedJ was on the the FSF

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 06, 2018, 10:18:52 pm by RedJ »
I don't have to be to know that very few clubs organise six monthly meet the owner events. That alone surely puts us further ahead of the vast majority of clubs for openness, no? being able to speak directly to the people who own the club?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on June 06, 2018, 10:20:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Even Dean Saunders managed to 'cobble together' a team to get straight back into the Championship. Was he given a better budget than Fergie in order to do so?

Yes. He was. By a long way.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on June 06, 2018, 10:52:45 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
At the end of the day, maybe it all comes down to whether or not you have faith in those running and financing our club.
I do have faith in them, so I tend on balance to give them the benefit of the doubt in these situations.

They will say what needs to be said when they are ready to do so, and that's good enough for me.
If taking a little time means that we get a clearer picture, that's fine.

I also think it's important that they maintain some dignity for the club rather than rushing out with comments that have not been fully considered, unlike some others.

I think the club is incredibly well run and I am greatful that the board fund a shortfall which gives us a competitive but realistic budget for the size of club we are.

I don't think any of that absolves responsibility to inform fans of key decisions being taken.

Some posters on here find themselves in the awkward position of wanting the fans to have greater steak in the club, but then thinking the fans don't directly need to be informed.

What other industry ignores its patrons like football does,    then every year expects your financial  support whilst not being listened to on issues that effect the very essence that makes a club what it is , it’s supporters . It is a results based industry and as such our board are under achieving when comes to its 5 year planning strategy. We are privileged to have them but it’s folly to say they are on top of their game.

The vast majority of clubs are nowhere near as open with their fans as this one.

I am amazed that you have the time to study the communications with so many other clubs and their fans

Strangely enough I've been doing it for a long time!!

Because of the recent changes in rules around fan engagement activities all clubs have to report back to the EFL and EPL. We, as the FSF, then meet with both organisations and compare notes. We discussed the latest results just 10 days ago with the EFL.

And guess what? RedJ is spot on!!

Oh I didn't realise RedJ was on the the FSF

I didn't realise other clubs hold their fan meetings in secret.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 07, 2018, 03:37:14 am by Alan Southstand »
You obviously don't know the funny handshake code to get in, Glyn?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on June 07, 2018, 08:54:18 am by idler »
Does Nial Mason?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on June 07, 2018, 10:06:49 am by Colin C No.3 »
Even Dean Saunders managed to 'cobble together' a team to get straight back into the Championship. Was he given a better budget than Fergie in order to do so?

Yes. He was. By a long way.

By what percentage?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012