Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:34:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Danny Rose  (Read 2390 times)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Danny Rose
« on June 07, 2018, 10:38:24 am by MachoMadness »
Very honest interview about his struggles with depression, and definitely worth a read, especially as he's a Donny lad. All the best to him, and hopefully some out there can find some inspiration from it. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/danny-rose-tells-family-not-travel-world-cup-player-racism-fears-abuse-england-football-team?CMP=share_btn_tw

Donny gets a mention, although sadly not in a way that makes you proud.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Danny Rose
« Reply #1 on June 07, 2018, 10:53:50 am by keith79 »
Some right Muppets about in Doncaster.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 07, 2018, 11:01:05 am by grayx »
That explains why hes hardly been seen this season. A year or so ago he was brilliant, right up there in the Ashley Cole mould when he was englands first choice left back. Lets hope he gets back to that type of form in the world cup because he is a top top player. Perhaps a move away from spurs may help him too.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 07, 2018, 11:04:22 am by Mustapha-Dump »
If there is any racism from the crowd they have to walk off the pitch for me and make it as big a deal as it really is. I genuinely don’t believe Fifa could be seen to punish them for that, if they did it would be a disgrace. For me, take a stand should it happen.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 07, 2018, 11:08:30 am by roversdude »
Who was Danny’s uncle ?
He is related to Mark Rank isn’t he ?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 07, 2018, 11:20:02 am by GazLaz »
Who was Danny’s uncle ?

I’m sure he’s got a few. Mark Rankine and Desi Rankine are his uncles I believe.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 07, 2018, 11:20:59 am by NickDRFC »
That explains why hes hardly been seen this season. A year or so ago he was brilliant, right up there in the Ashley Cole mould when he was englands first choice left back. Lets hope he gets back to that type of form in the world cup because he is a top top player. Perhaps a move away from spurs may help him too.

Don't think that's why he's hardly been seen - he didn't exactly endear himself with a newspaper interview this time last year (although I gather that's all water under the bridge now) and was injured until October/November time anyway, whilst Ben Davies came in and played very well and kept Rose out of the team once he was fit again. Not playing may have contributed to a downturn in his mental state, but I doubt it was the other way around.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 07, 2018, 11:57:00 am by Filo »
Who was Danny’s uncle ?

I’m sure he’s got a few. Mark Rankine and Desi Rankine are his uncles I believe.

Yes they are his Mothers brothers

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 07, 2018, 12:08:03 pm by roversdude »
Both excellent footballers

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 07, 2018, 08:17:59 pm by drfchound »
I hope no one reported us for the squirrel pitch invasion then.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 07, 2018, 08:21:32 pm by Scooter »

Don't think that's why he's hardly been seen - he didn't exactly endear himself with a newspaper interview this time last year (although I gather that's all water under the bridge now) and was injured until October/November time anyway, whilst Ben Davies came in and played very well and kept Rose out of the team once he was fit again. Not playing may have contributed to a downturn in his mental state, but I doubt it was the other way around.

It may be that Danny’s personal issues has had a direct impact upon his performances. If you treat football as work - our own work performances may be affected by life events, bereavements etc.
I’m not sure of the timing of his uncle’s suicide for example but this may have had a huge effect on him, which then may have increased his risk of injury. He may also have attempted to mask his vulnerabilities therefore that might explain his previous newspaper interviews.
He has done a great thing talking openly about his issues which he may not have been comfortable talking about previously due to issues such as stigma

(There you go - a little sneak peek into my PhD research)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 11:11:47 pm by Scooter »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012