Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:01:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Andy Gray and Richard Keys in hot water!  (Read 16232 times)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
Re:Andy Gray and Richard Keys in hot water!
« Reply #30 on January 25, 2011, 02:33:38 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
The moral of the story is, don't mess with Murdoch.

A private investigator employed by the News of the World made a record of the mobile number, password and pin belonging to the Sky Sports commentator Andy Gray, the high court was told today.

Gray and the comedian Steve Coogan went to the high court today in an attempt to force Mulcaire to reveal which News of the World journalists ordered him to hack into their mobile phones. They are the latest in a growing list of public figures to take legal action against the paper.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 25, 2011, 02:37:27 pm by River Don »
Mind you, this is what football presenters look like in Italy...

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 25, 2011, 03:00:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
River Don wrote:
How about Gabby Yorath and Caz Walker?

Get Eleanor Oldroyd. I think she's brilliant.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 25, 2011, 03:05:43 pm by Filo »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
River Don wrote:

Does she know the offside rule though?  ;)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 25, 2011, 04:04:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Filo wrote:
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
River Don wrote:

Does she know the offside rule though?  ;)

Well, there's an enormous lack of b*llocks in what she says, so according to Keys & Gray she doesn't.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 25, 2011, 04:23:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Andy Gray and Richard Keys shouldn't be sacked. They are part of Sky Sports' football identity and if the company does sack either of them, they will risk losing that identity they have built up over the last 20 years.

Finger on the pulse again. Gray's been given the boot.

I-was-there1976

« Reply #36 on January 25, 2011, 04:31:08 pm by I-was-there1976 »
he was on 2million a year

no wonder he didnt fancy management

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 25, 2011, 04:34:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Perhaps he can learn all about it by managing a womens' team and giving them the benefit of his masculine wisdom...they'd surely be unbeatable then?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 25, 2011, 04:34:54 pm by River Don »
There's always Radio Norwich Andy. Ah-Haaa!

I-was-there1976

« Reply #39 on January 25, 2011, 04:37:24 pm by I-was-there1976 »
he ll be joining that other nice man Collymore on Talk Sport

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 25, 2011, 04:42:17 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
Rigoglioso wrote:
Andy Gray and Richard Keys shouldn't be sacked. They are part of Sky Sports' football identity and if the company does sack either of them, they will risk losing that identity they have built up over the last 20 years.

Couldnt happen to a more deserving person. I only to prove Rigo totally and utterly wrong.

As much as I hate Sky and Sky Sports I hardly associate a failed breakfacst TV presenter and an olf has been footballer as vital to their identity.

What time does Keys get the boot then?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 25, 2011, 04:51:07 pm by Filo »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
Rigoglioso wrote:

Couldnt happen to a more deserving person. I only to prove Rigo totally and utterly wrong.

As much as I hate Sky and Sky Sports I hardly associate a failed breakfacst TV presenter and an olf has been footballer as vital to their identity.

What time does Keys get the boot then?

Totally over the top, two blokes having a bit of banter between themselves, having a bit of a laugh and they sack him, the pc brigade has gone mad, they would have to sack half of the workforce in the country if they heard what stuff was said in snap cabins up and down the country, the worlds going f**king mad, how about ITV sacking the presenters on Loose Women for thier sexist remarks about men!

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 25, 2011, 04:52:51 pm by jucyberry »
River Don wrote:

Ikk, there are quite enough primitive neanderthal knuckle draggers in Norfolk already, we don't need any importing in ta....lol

Have to say to, I kinda agree with Filo tho, sadly for these two they forgot the first rule of broadcasting.. If you going to be taking the,  or going for a piss....Check the bloomin mike!!!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 25, 2011, 04:58:08 pm by Filo »
jucyberry wrote:
River Don wrote:

Ikk, there are quite enough primitive neanderthal knuckle draggers in Norfolk already, we don't need any importing in ta....lol

Have to say to, I kinda agree with Filo tho, sadly for these two they forgot the first rule of broadcasting.. If you going to be taking the,  or a piss....Check the bloomin mike!!!!

The mike`s on Loose Women are always on, but it`s ok for them!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 25, 2011, 05:14:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Filo wrote; The worlds going fcuking mad

Not the world mate, just this fcuking country.

snods big brother

« Reply #45 on January 25, 2011, 06:01:17 pm by snods big brother »
Got say not upset with Gray going - never did like him, continually got on my tits (can I say that?)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 25, 2011, 06:06:35 pm by DonnyNoel »
It seems Gray hasn't actually been sacked for what he said about the female lino but another incident from December.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9373280.stm

He's a first class dick IMO who adds nothing thoughtful or insightful as an \"expert\" but I'm not sure where I stand on the orginal issue from Saturday. It irked me more that Gray had the gall to criticise anyones interpretation of the laws of the game when he wouldn't know offside from his elbow based on 20 years of spouting crap about referees.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 25, 2011, 06:09:45 pm by keyser_soze »
I'm not sure what to make of it all to be honest.

What he has said (albeit twice it now appears) was wrong and it was out of order to belittle someone like that whether to her face or not, but on the other hand, it wasn't said on-mike (I originally assumed it was another Big Ron case), and i fundamentally disagree with this form of entrapment that continues to go on.

Working in a male-dominated environment myself, I'm sure I've been guilty of similar off-hand comments in the company of my colleagues only, and would hate to think I'd lose my job over it.

I think Gray is just guilty of being a dinosaur, a throw-back to a time when women weren't involved in football.

edit: I hadn't seen the boorish leering at the girl in the vid, looks like the guy had his cards marked a long time ago.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 25, 2011, 06:22:40 pm by keyser_soze »
PS:
So Andy Gray gets sacked by sky after essentially being bugged, whilst complaining about being bugged by a paper owned by bloke who owns sky

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 25, 2011, 07:01:44 pm by not on facebook »
why is there no women on the moon?

simple the moon dont need cleaning yet.

the above is a joke,thats what keys/gray were doing simple banter and
saying exactly what ALL of us would have been thinking.

now you have all these politcall correctness dumbwits jumping all over it like a rash.

thats the problem with the above as the dumbwits mentioned cant
see that it was banter and are making mountins from molehills.

JamieM

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 25, 2011, 07:12:53 pm by JamieM »
Women have been oppressed for their entire existence whilst man has had the fun of it so I feel that ''loose women'' has every right to be sexist, they're two completely different shows anyway.

Some of the stereotypes in this thread are fcuking depressing (Filo, Oslo), men cant handle the fact that female proffesionals are starting to be introduced, and are scared of their ''masculinity'' or terroritory being targeted, grow the feck up!

The reason why the vast majority of women dont know the offside rule is because they couldnt give 2 shits about football, not because they're any less intelligent! (Its not fecking rocket science is it.

Its like the equivalent of us men knowing differences within a female dominated activity - chrocheting and weaving for example!

Gray is quite clearly a perverted dinosaur, and has no real talent, so why shouldnt he be sacked from his 2 million pound a year job?

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #51 on January 25, 2011, 07:44:05 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
graingrover wrote:
it came home to me when my 15 year old daughter did 400 metres in 59.8secs  and the  boy in the equivalent event clocked the same time . He was awarded a silver trophy and she  got a bloody raffle ticket!VIVA LE DONNE!Andy Gray ... just a grey old

Obviously inspired by having such a right on dad :laugh:

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 25, 2011, 07:49:43 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
keyser_soze wrote:
PS:
So Andy Gray gets sacked by sky after essentially being bugged, whilst complaining about being bugged by a paper owned by bloke who owns sky

Exactly. I don't think its got anything to do with what he's said about the lino. They wanted rid of him hence them leaking the audio in the first place.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 25, 2011, 08:05:41 pm by jucyberry »
It does seem that way doesn't it? I haven't seen any thing about Richard Keys yet..All the flack seems to be geared towards Grey. could it be because Keys is more of a company man?

As for Grey, he really is a dirty old git isn't he. At that stage of life where he still thinks he is god's gift to womankind, where as womankind think he is Gods gift to the knackers yard...

Loose women tend to take the rip out of their own menfolk.... easy targets I guess.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 25, 2011, 08:19:21 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
It says much about the scale of the phone-hacking operation undertaken by Glenn Mulcaire on behalf of Rupert Murdoch's News of the World that it was prepared to target Andy Gray, the former Scotland striker and a commentator for Sky Sports, which is itself part of Mr Murdoch's global media empire.

Just as telling, in respect of the anger that the hacking has provoked, is the fact that Mr Gray, 55, earns his living from the satellite broadcaster but is willing to doggedly pursue legal action against News Group Newspapers, which is run by Mr Murdoch's son James, who is also the non-executive chairman of BSkyB.

Documents filed into court in October, seen by The Independent, show just how serious the commentator is in seeking damages. Represented by one of the most powerful media law firms, Schillings, Mr Gray has secured a consent order to obtain from the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, Sir Paul Stephenson, disclosure of documents relating to Mulcaire's activities.

Police seized notebooks from Mulcaire during an investigation which led to the private eye being jailed in 2007 for intercepting phone messages. Mr Gray alleges that \"in combination with the News of the World\", Mulcaire – ironically himself a former professional footballer – \"hacked into\" his phone messages. The court documents reveal that Scotland Yard, which has faced criticism over the scope of its phone-hacking inquiry, opposed giving Mr Gray documentation relating to an inquiry in 2006 by the Information Commissioner into the acquisition by newspapers of confidential personal information.

But Mr Justice Floyd upheld the commentator's application for the documents. \"It seems to me that the documents are likely to support the case of the applicant,\" he said. \"I have the benefit of a witness statement made by Mr Clancy of the Information Commissioner's office, in which he... says they do suggest that illegal activities are being commissioned and makes it clear that, not only does the Information Commissioner support the application, but considers the documents are likely to be helpful.\"

Mr Gray is just one of a succession of high-profile figures who are pursuing actions against the News of the World. But as Rupert Murdoch seeks to take full control of BSkyB – and possibly build even closer relations between the elements of his British media empire – he could do without the gravelly burr of his most famous British sports commentator criticising his organisation in court.

Link

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 25, 2011, 08:35:08 pm by streatham dave »
I don't think the money Grey makes should be anything to do with it. He was offered even more by Everton but I assume being a TV pundit was seen as an easier prospect with more longevity which has pretty much been proven correct given most managers tenures. Its not been said yet but if women can ref, run the line, own clubs and so on If a woman was good enough is it time for them to be allowed to play with men ( :blush: oh dear that sounds a bit dodgy I suppose). I know it's likely that not many now or in the past would be good enough but always the exception. Surely Mia Hamm would have been good enough for a league 2 side.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIXxCn459_g

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 25, 2011, 10:00:30 pm by BobG »
She does look good - but boy oh boy! Isn't there some terrible defending going on? And some of the goalies are worse... Kaz would have had her!

BobG

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 26, 2011, 12:01:59 am by Sandy Lane »
I feel that some of the comments on this thread are truly refreshing by you menfolk!

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 26, 2011, 10:08:15 am by Savvy »
Don't think Keys is out of the water yet looking at this!!!  

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/62797/richard-keys-would-you-smash-it.html

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 26, 2011, 10:29:55 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I feel that some of the comments on this thread are truly refreshing by you menfolk!

But according to some, you're as dull as dishwater unless you're misogynistic.

However, I'd rather be dull than an arsehole.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012