Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:19:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Andy Gray and Richard Keys in hot water!  (Read 16231 times)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Re:Andy Gray and Richard Keys in hot water!
« Reply #60 on January 26, 2011, 12:09:41 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
I feel that some of the comments on this thread are truly refreshing by you menfolk!

But according to some, you're as dull as dishwater unless you're misogynistic.

However, I'd rather be dull than an arsehole.

I hope the wanabee sports journalist refrains from expressing his 'opinions' on people he has netiher met nor spoken to once he actually starts making a valid contribution to soceity.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 26, 2011, 12:21:19 pm by grayx »
?[/quote

Totally over the top, two blokes having a bit of banter between themselves, having a bit of a laugh and they sack him, the pc brigade has gone mad, they would have to sack half of the workforce in the country if they heard what stuff was said in snap cabins up and down the country, the worlds going fcuking mad, how about ITV sacking the presenters on Loose Women for thier sexist remarks about men![/quote]

Absolutely spot-on. Some people need a sense of humour transplant ffs.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 26, 2011, 12:24:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
grayx wrote:
?[/quote

Totally over the top, two blokes having a bit of banter between themselves, having a bit of a laugh and they sack him, the pc brigade has gone mad, they would have to sack half of the workforce in the country if they heard what stuff was said in snap cabins up and down the country, the worlds going fcuking mad, how about ITV sacking the presenters on Loose Women for thier sexist remarks about men!

Absolutely spot-on. Some people need a sense of humour transplant ffs.[/quote]

Quite right. Misogyny is hilarious. Anyone not laughing at or with it can't possibly have any sense of humour whatsoever.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 26, 2011, 12:29:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Oh, and by the way, I just love it when offensive comments are defended as \"banter\".

Can anybody who believes this actually describe the dividing line that defines when \"banter\" stops being \"banter\" and becomes something indefensible? Because I've never heard a genuine definition yet. It's a cop-out defence with no thought behind it.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 26, 2011, 09:02:28 pm by not on facebook »
glyn wigley....offensive comments in my book can be judge by the
tone in the voice alone,at the sametime as banter can be judge in the tone
of the voice.

as i said before what i see/hear is two blokes hooked up with
each other in banter,nothing more nothing less.

for sure the pair would have been better off not having their type of banter,but it was only off the cuff not pre meditated etc etc.

for the record i have no problems with women in football what so ever,or in any job,as thats not an issue with.

it does become an issue when gray/keys events unfolded,as it just cant see
any wrong.

to be honest i was getting fed up of seeing gray/keys fronting the skyfootball show,but how things have moved on since their outburst came light with one sacking and keys now handing his notice in,it just hammers that nail into societys outlook today.

seems to me some males need to get more balls and gumption,as
females need likewise but not balls as they look daft.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 26, 2011, 09:09:25 pm by coventryrover »
The tone was certainly not banter at all.  It was purely mocking

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 26, 2011, 09:15:13 pm by Savvy »
A big well done to Sian Massey! She just won a lucrative contract with \"Just For Men\". Apparently you only need to use it once and the Gray is gone!  

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 26, 2011, 09:44:38 pm by not on facebook »
like i said 'in my book' coventryrover i took the tone as banter.

but now you bring 'mocking' to the table iam all ears fella.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 26, 2011, 09:59:56 pm by DonnyNoel »
oslorovers wrote:

Thats not relevant though. It's up to the person on the receiving end to decide that. I can give and take banter all day with a couple of blokes at work and also know there's a couple of blokes with whom I wouldn't engage in banter/micket taking if they walked into the office wearing their mams knickers. Know your audience. The lass from Sky certainly didn't look impressed.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on January 26, 2011, 10:15:47 pm by jucyberry »
Men are men, they cant help it bless em, dear little bits of fluff, but sooo helpless in so many areas...I mean, you can't really expect them to be able to do a womans job and multi task can you?

And look at the tight little arse on that one over there, bet he would like a good smashing wouldn't you girls?

Harmless banter or distasteful waffle?

One thing is for sure, which ever way you look at it, some men will be men, and anyone who doesn't think men together haven't the ablity to be blokey doesn't really know any.

I am so torn on this personally. I aren't so precious as to think they demean women, they just make a show of themselves, for one thing, I doubt if either would know a good 'smashing' if it slapped them on the end of their goolies...( faces only a mother would love, and Keys is obviously wearing in a gorilla suit for the local fancy dress shop..)

It is no excuse that they didn't know they were being taped on the one hand, but I truly think they have been trapped by their own foolishness by people higher with a darker agenda. and that I don't feel comfortable with. In all honesty I feel a sinking sympathy for them....

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 26, 2011, 10:21:52 pm by rtid88 »
I am neither of Andy Gray's or Richard Key's biggest fans but this is just typifies England of today! Like a few have said this is just banter between mates that was never meant to be screened on air! If half of the conversations that me, my friends and the majority of people I know were to be televised then everyone I know would not have a job! In my opinion it is just utter bollox!! Fair enough Andy Gray has done some stuff in his life that I would not agree with but that has no relevance of this farce!!

This is just a situation that was over publisised very similar to the Jonathon Ross & Russell Brand episode last year, it is pathetic!!

I genuinely feel sorry for the pair of them and feel that football on Sky will not be the same again!!

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 26, 2011, 10:31:21 pm by Savvy »
DonnyNoel wrote:
oslorovers wrote:

Thats not relevant though. It's up to the person on the receiving end to decide that. I can give and take banter all day with a couple of blokes at work and also know there's a couple of blokes with whom I wouldn't engage in banter/micket taking if they walked into the office wearing their mams knickers. Know your audience. The lass from Sky certainly didn't look impressed.
[/b]

The Way I see that though Noel is that if that was an issue, it should have been raised and dealt with at the time. It would appear that the issue has later been used as as stick to beat Gray with. It smacks of a stitch up to me, but if he's got a decent lawyer I'm sure it won't be the last we hear of it!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on January 26, 2011, 10:43:22 pm by BobG »
Yes Savvy. The taste of post event hysteria, whipped up by a press with an agenda, is simply too strong to take all this at face value. They were idiots. Of course they were. They should have been punished. Of course they should. But at the time! Not days later after the shit stirrers have got everyone all lathered up. I never did like Murdoch. Now I like him and his minions even less. Not that I ever liked Andy gray either tbh. A great big dimwitted thug on a football field and a great big dimwitted thug off it too. As for Keys, I've never even seen the bloke.

BobG

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on January 26, 2011, 10:44:46 pm by jucyberry »
You know what saddens me more about this story?

In Afghanistan in the past couple of days a young Bradford solider gave his life against orders to try to rescue a stricken comrade,  yet this figured lower down the news than this ridiculous debacle.

It's a funny world we live in isn't it.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 26, 2011, 11:04:09 pm by Savvy »
BobG wrote:
Yes Savvy. The taste of post event hysteria, whipped up by a press with an agenda, is simply too strong to take all this at face value. They were idiots. Of course they were. They should have been punished. Of course they should. But at the time! Not days later after the shit stirrers have got everyone all lathered up. I never did like Murdoch. Now I like him and his minions even less. Not that I ever liked Andy gray either tbh. A great big dimwitted thug on a football field and a great big dimwitted thug off it too. As for Keys, I've never even seen the bloke.

BobG

Your discription of Gray is about right, as for Keys, if you've seen the office, just think David Brent!!!!

My point about Grays punishment is that this other new issue regarding the microphone pack should have been raised and dealt with long before this issue with Sian Massey came into the public domain. Fancy turning up at work for a disciplinary hearing regarding an issue, and then getting charged with something that happened six months previously!!! Can't see Sky getting away with that one!!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on January 27, 2011, 12:17:36 am by Filo »
Sky operate double standards on this sexism issue!

The very same TV channel has a show on a Saturday Morning called soccer am, on this show they have the soccerette, a scantily clad young female paraded in front of a dozen beer bellied football fans that shout and lear at her, is this acceptable in Sky`s new anti sexism policy?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on January 27, 2011, 12:30:01 am by Glyn_Wigley »
oslorovers wrote:
glyn wigley....offensive comments in my book can be judge by the
tone in the voice alone,at the sametime as banter can be judge in the tone
of the voice.

So if I called you a f**king Kitson but did it in a nice tone of voice, that'd be banter? Hmmm.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 27, 2011, 12:34:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Personally, I'd have sacked Gray for having a shite sense of humour.

The whole thing is pitiful. He's clearly a bell-end who doesn't know the difference between banter and cringingly embarrassing pseudo-macho posturing. Him and the ape man grunting, \"Woman! Football! Gawd 'elp us!\" If that's witty banter, I'd rather work in a Trappist monastery.

And if he thinks it's hillarious to tell his co-presenter to stick her hand down his kecks, his sense of humour is as dated as his style of play was.

All that was missing was a \"Take my mother-in-law...\" gag and we'd have been back in The Comedians territory.

Now, in an ideal world, he'd be told what a boring, embarrassing toss-pot he was and told to get on with his job. But he was paid a very substantial salary to be the face of his employer, and if that face turns out to be a mask that hides an unpleasant, thick, dated boorish bell-end, they have every right to give him the rods.

I'll await the inevitable Evening with Andy, Ron and Jim Davison show on the Retro Comedy channel.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on January 27, 2011, 12:44:02 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Savvy wrote:
Don't think Keys is out of the water yet looking at this!!!  

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/62797/richard-keys-would-you-smash-it.html

As I was saying Savvy, his worst crime is being cringingly emabarrassing. I suspect he was bullied mercilessly at school for his preternatural hirsuitness and has spent the rest of his life trying to get in with the In Crowd by these sort of laboured banalities.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on January 27, 2011, 01:51:15 am by Old Popsider »
Both of them are gone now so it will be interesting to see who replaces them.

Female presenters perhaps?  :cheer:

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 27, 2011, 09:28:16 am by Savvy »
Ron Manager gets my vote!!!

Isn't it? Doesn't he, far cry from kids in the park, jumpers for goalposts etc, etc!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on January 27, 2011, 09:41:02 am by River Don »
Perhaps Ron Atkinson is ready to make a comeback?

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on January 27, 2011, 02:07:16 pm by ctay »
Not sure this is all over yet. Jamie Redknapp may have some baggage yet.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on January 27, 2011, 02:42:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
ctay wrote:
Not sure this is all over yet. Jamie Redknapp may have some baggage yet.

I hope do, he was bloody dire last night.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on January 27, 2011, 05:16:49 pm by jucyberry »
You know, I have been thinking about this alot today, and in no way am I going to excuse the comments made, the men are silly old fools, yet I do as I have already said feel a smattering of sympathy for them.

However thinking about the way women are viewed by some sections of the football world seems to tie in with the  obnoxious comments. Lets face it, for decades now it is a certain type of girl that  naturally gravitates towards the players, girls who see these men as an easy meal ticket.. Whose ideas of a sunday roast doesn't come with yorkshire puds and gravy included. Women who debase themselves, act like the trollops from the planet slut and generally give the less than highly intelligent amongst the football fraternity the idea that women are only good for one thing, well two if you just want to watch.... ;)  :laugh:

This isn't a world normal men inhabit, rockstar/sportstar you get groupies... flesh on a stick ..walking talking pleasure dolls... Does this go some way to explain their thinking? Remember these two deal predominately with the seedy over sexed over cashed world of the premiership after all.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on January 27, 2011, 05:26:58 pm by Filo »
jucyberry wrote:
You know, I have been thinking about this alot today, and in no way am I going to excuse the comments made, the men are silly old fools, yet I do as I have already said feel a smattering of sympathy for them.

However thinking about the way women are viewed by some sections of the football world seems to tie in with the  obnoxious comments. Lets face it, for decades now it is a certain type of girl that  naturally gravitates towards the players, girls who see these men as an easy meal ticket.. Whose ideas of a sunday roast doesn't come with yorkshire puds and gravy included. Women who debase themselves, act like the trollops from the planet slut and generally give the less than highly intelligent amongst the football fraternity the idea that women are only good for one thing, well two if you just want to watch.... ;)  :laugh:

This isn't a world normal men inhabit, rockstar/sportstar you get groupies... flesh on a stick ..walking talking pleasure dolls... Does this go some way to explain their thinking? Remember these two deal predominately with the seedy over sexed over cashed world of the premiership after all.

Aye, it makes you wish you were a premier league footballer don`t it?

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on January 27, 2011, 05:35:11 pm by jucyberry »
Filo, you are a very, very naughty boy...pmsl..

Sexisim is everywhere, true it can be deeply offensive.. IF you let it be... Men think it's original when hey say to me, ooooh dont you look dangerous with a chopper in your hand snigger snigger..... Yawn..

Would they say that if I was a man? ..Then I get the good with meat comments.. and the I bet you know what to do with a sausage one...

Yup I say as I fix them with a steely glare... Prick it hard with a fork and fry it till it squeals..... Usually shuts em up....lol

No need to get precious, it's their immature minds not mine...  ;)

Dickie Dido

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 27, 2011, 06:32:48 pm by Dickie Dido »
Why do doctors slap babies bottoms right after they're born?
To make the penises pop out off the smart ones.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on January 27, 2011, 10:07:01 pm by not on facebook »
if a mate or a person i knew called us a fcuking
c*nt in a correct style of tone i could take it as banter.

its as i said with me i go on the tone.

now if a stranger was to call me a fcuking c*nt
in the exact same tone as above i would have problems i guess for obvious reasons.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on January 28, 2011, 12:11:51 am by Glyn_Wigley »
oslorovers wrote:
if a mate or a person i knew called us a fcuking
c*nt in a correct style of tone i could take it as banter.

its as i said with me i go on the tone.

now if a stranger was to call me a fcuking c*nt
in the exact same tone as above i would have problems i guess for obvious reasons.

So by your own argument, as presumably neither knew the female linesman and were therefore strangers to her, tone of voice is irrelavant and it can in no way be 'banter'?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012