Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:22:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Obama  (Read 1400 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Obama
« on January 27, 2011, 09:18:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Always admired him as an intellectual politician but he's just gone down in my estimation.

Just seen him on the news talking about the trouble in Egypt.

He said, \"We are with the protesters. There are certain freedoms that we think are universal. Freedom of speech. Freedom of expression. Freedom to use social networking sites. \"

So that's what America stands for these days? The right of gormless bints to tell the Facebook world \"Ohmygodohmygodohmygod! I've just seen Justin Bieber's pet arse gerbil interviewed on E4+10minutes it was SOOOOOOooooo cute. I mean like SOOOOOOOOoooooooo cute.\"

It's a long way from Ich bin ein Berliner Barrack me old cock.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re:Obama
« Reply #1 on January 27, 2011, 09:45:18 pm by BobG »
It's the ultimate human downfall: the lowest common denominator. Heaven preserve us.

BobG

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 27, 2011, 10:00:45 pm by Nudga »
Has the daft Kitson forgotten about WikiLeaks already? Freedom of speech my arse.

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 27, 2011, 11:33:01 pm by Sandy Lane »
Haven't seen the story Billy, but that's just plain embarrassing! There, I'm giving up my citizenship, like!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 28, 2011, 12:13:57 am by Glyn_Wigley »
When was he supposed to have pledged to close Guantanamo Bay by? as far as I know, it's till there and doing exactly what it did when he won the election.

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 28, 2011, 02:24:42 am by Sandy Lane »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
When was he supposed to have pledged to close Guantanamo Bay by? as far as I know, it's till there and doing exactly what it did when he won the election.

It was two years ago when he pledged to close it and sadly, it's still open for business.  I just read that there was a prisoner protest there to mark the ninth year it's been open.  Utterly criminal.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 28, 2011, 08:50:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Sandy Lane wrote:
Haven't seen the story Billy, but that's just plain embarrassing! There, I'm giving up my citizenship, like!

Actually Sandy, to be fair, the Egyptian authorities have been closing down social networking sites because the demonstrators have been using them to organise their protests.

It just felt like you could see Obama's rising panic as he went through the sentence, with his inner voice saying, \"Shit! What DO we believe in these days?\"

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 28, 2011, 08:55:20 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Rigoglioso wrote:
You've gotta love Justin Bieber though. He's that annoying that he's actually a genius.

Anyone who can annoy the amount of people that he can is fantastic!

I'm proud to say that I have no 'kin idea who he is. I picked the name at random out of the celebosphere. I wouldn't recognise him if he goosed me in the street.  I just thought I'd chucking the name of some vacuous, temporarily popular non-entity to smoke put the celeb-o-philes on here.

However, I AM a firm believer in the correlation between genius and annoyingness.

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 28, 2011, 11:25:08 am by Sandy Lane »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
Sandy Lane wrote:

Actually Sandy, to be fair, the Egyptian authorities have been closing down social networking sites because the demonstrators have been using them to organise their protests.

It just felt like you could see Obama's rising panic as he went through the sentence, with his inner voice saying, \"Shit! What DO we believe in these days?\"

I had a sneaking suspicion you were being cheeky so did check the story, and was glad to see that was the reason.  You're all probably worried I may emigrate, like.  ;-)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012