Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:17:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 3 young lives lost  (Read 1704 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
3 young lives lost
« on January 30, 2011, 04:31:56 pm by watto-drfc »
Three teenagers were killed when the car they were travelling in crashed into a tree on a road in Doncaster.

Two boys, aged 15 and 16, and a 14-year-old girl, all from the Doncaster area, were in a Honda Civic on the A630 when it crashed at about 0430 GMT.

The girl and one of the boys died at the scene. The third boy died at Doncaster Royal Infirmary. All had multiple injuries.

Police said they did not believe the car had been stolen.

Police said the 16-year-old boy, from Warmsworth, was driving.

The girl, from Balby and the second boy, from Bessacar, were passengers.

The teenagers have not yet been named.

South Yorkshire Police said a taxi driver came across the accident scene and called the emergency services.

The car had been travelling from Conisbrough towards Warsmworth when it left the road near a water tower.

Officers want to establish where the teenagers had been prior to the crash and are appealing for anyone who saw the car's movements in the Conisbrough or Doncaster area to contact them.

Police have also appealed for business owners in the area who may have CCTV footage to contact them.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DINGLE

• Forum Member
Re:3 young lives lost
« Reply #1 on January 30, 2011, 05:13:05 pm by DINGLE »
Very sad
but it begs the question what where they doing out at that time and why was they driving a car under age

I-was-there1976

« Reply #2 on January 30, 2011, 05:19:05 pm by I-was-there1976 »
Underage. Driving without consent.
Lucky they never killed anyone else really.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 30, 2011, 05:46:56 pm by jucyberry »
Not the time to tut or point fingers.

The reality is three kids have lost their lives, and there is a very good possibility that they could be related to some who post on here..

My condolences to the three families involved. Poor little mites.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 30, 2011, 06:08:56 pm by Pintolager »
jucyberry wrote:
Not the time to tut or point fingers.

The reality is three kids have lost their lives, and there is a very good possibility that they could be related to some who post on here..

My condolences to the three families involved. Poor little mites.

While you are absolutely correct to say that we should not point fingers at this time, if has the Police say, that the car is not believed to be stolen, it makes me think just what is going through the minds of the owner/s of the car? Very sad indeed!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 30, 2011, 06:17:43 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Very sad, unfortunately there is no excuse for these kind of things happening.  The amount of times it's drummed in to you at school not to do something like this is enough to say you shouldn't do it.

It's a sad thing and I feel sorry for the relatives and friends of those who died, but it's hard to defend those driving and being in a car at that age and at that time given the amount of exposure things like this get in schools and the media.  Very foolish of them and they've paid the ultimate price.  Very sad.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 30, 2011, 09:15:04 pm by BobG »
'Twas ever thus. HUman nature doesn't change. In 1973 or 74 a car with two Grammar School lads and two Grammar School lasses in it left the road and turned over into one of those Dutch ditches that run down both sides of that scary road out to The Reindeer. (Well, it was called that when I last was there!) Out Sandtoft way.  All four of them drowned. And all four of them were in that ditch all night long.

People don't change. All anyone can ever do is warn of the dangers and attempt to keep dangerous toys hidden away. But boys will be boys. I once climbed an electrcicity pylon, right to the very top, at 2 in the morning one freezing bloody New Years Eve after a night in the Childers. That was out behind the Golf Course on the way to Rosso. if I'd fallen off I'd have been there for a week before anyone found me. Idiotic. But boys won't be told, will they?

Cheers

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012