Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:14:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I might never forgive the git but....  (Read 1240 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
I might never forgive the git but....
« on January 31, 2011, 11:21:37 pm by BobG »
boy was he good!

Take a look at this YouTube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSr0A7Vrlws&feature=BF&list=FLoyY2hWeQQXg&index=2

Manu Chao aren't bad either :)

Cheers

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re:I might never forgive the git but....
« Reply #1 on January 31, 2011, 11:55:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm determined not to become an old git misen and claim that the players of my youth were always better than the players on today. I'm utterly convinced that Pele and Best, playing as they played in the 60s, at the pace they played at in the 60s would not rise above lower league level.

But Maradona WAS different. He played the game at a pace that would have bewildered players from the 60s. And I have never seen a player who so often made it look as though the ball was physically attached to him. That goal against England. I could watch it over and over again for ever. I have never seen football technique like that since, and if I live to see someone do that again, I'll be fortunate. He seemed to have a supernatural ability to know precisely when he could knock the ball 5 yards in front of himself and get into top gear to keep the pace of the dribble going, and when he had to keep it close to avoid tackles. And not only did he KNOW how to do it. He DID it. At high speed. In a World Cup quarter final. Against one of the strongest sides in the world. And in possibly the most emotionally charged game in his country's history.

Truly astonishing.

And then he pretty well repeated it 4 or 5 days later against Belgium in the semi!

The only player of the last quarter century who comes close to him is Zidane. Messi will always be a bit-part player until he performs like that on the very highest stage.

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re:I might never forgive the git but....
« Reply #2 on February 01, 2011, 12:05:01 am by RedJ »
You know, in that quarter final, he showed the world everything that was great about football, and in the same game, one of the worst parts of football - cheats.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012