Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:44:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: so..................  (Read 1950 times)

bedale rover

• VSC Member
so..................
« on December 16, 2012, 11:33:42 pm by bedale rover »
it is almost christmas and whilst our league position is good nay great considering our performances especially at home where we have been very unimpressive

it occurred to me on the way to the KMS on saturday that the club has some serious issues to deal with
1 are we happy to leave the squad as it is
2 do we attempt to strengthen the squad to enhance and reinforce our current position
3 do we throw forward our position to as to how we might finish the season and therefore plan for promotion?

thinking back to 2008 the team that played at wembley 7 of that team (including copps) is playing in the championship
of the current team in my estimation i would say woods m woods g spurr husband cottrill (just) and hume might have the neccessary quality to adapt to a higher league so if we go up we will need at least 10 better quality players than those we currently have on the books 

so what should we do?  :headbang:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: so..................
« Reply #1 on December 16, 2012, 11:35:32 pm by RedJ »
I'd say start strengthening now leaving us with less of a job to do if/when we go up.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #2 on December 17, 2012, 01:20:00 am by Rovin Reporter »
We are skint I wish this point to go recored . We do my have any money to buy players without the big earners going first . As for going up will have the same budget plus IMO the days of £1m players are long gone only of we sell one for that amount. A Yo yo club is likely to be our future . That's it folks ! I've said my bit.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 17, 2012, 06:43:12 am by southwestexile »
nothing wrong with being a yo yo club - look at West Brom

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 17, 2012, 09:49:05 am by silent majority »
We are skint I wish this point to go recored . We do my have any money to buy players without the big earners going first . As for going up will have the same budget plus IMO the days of £1m players are long gone only of we sell one for that amount. A Yo yo club is likely to be our future . That's it folks ! I've said my bit.

Yes you have, several times, and been wrong every time.

Why would the budget remain the same in the Championship as it is now when the income stream shoots up by at least £6m? The club owners aren't stupid, they know they will have to invest to have a realistic chance of staying up and they would rather do that than go through the pain of restructuring like they did this season.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 17, 2012, 01:22:41 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

RUBBUSH!

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 17, 2012, 03:24:59 pm by StocktonRover »
Excellent - just spotted what you did and its spot on!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 17, 2012, 06:00:22 pm by i_ateallthepies »

Why would the budget remain the same in the Championship as it is now when the income stream shoots up by at least £6m? The club owners aren't stupid, they know they will have to invest to have a realistic chance of staying up and they would rather do that than go through the pain of restructuring like they did this season.

It wasn't enough to keep us up there when we already had a better squad than we have now.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 17, 2012, 06:42:06 pm by RedJ »

Not only is that barely coherent but I again challenge you (and you'll probably choose not to) to provide me with concrete evidence.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 17, 2012, 07:04:17 pm by silent majority »

It wasn't enough to keep us up there when we already had a better squad than we have now.

So your point is what?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012