Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:24:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Social media  (Read 1789 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Social media
« on November 09, 2013, 11:33:57 am by Branton Rover »
I'm completely disgusted by what I've read on Facebook regarding Mr Bramall it was horrible to see totally outrageous & I can just pray he or anyone close to him doesn't get to read such bile.

I can understand JR being frustrated by how the takeover has stalled from his perspective but this shouldn't be used as a call to arms & character assassination which is taking place online. Regarding the takeover if Mr Bramall  feels it's not in the best interest of the club he must have his reasons & I say it's time to call the dogs off let's show some class & rise above the philistines

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: Social media
« Reply #1 on November 09, 2013, 11:38:26 am by Wellred »
Totally agree....................should you not maybe have included Mr Ryan in your post for a bit of balance though?

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 09, 2013, 11:51:07 am by nightporter »
I think some people are expecting Man city/Chelsea scenario and are angry that someone seems to be standing in the way.

MartinB

« Reply #3 on November 09, 2013, 01:32:17 pm by MartinB »
Some people may think that the Man City and Chelsea thing will happen, however at the same time the SC bid seems to be presented as a Richardson/ Coventry thing by the senior and ITK people that  speak for our co-operative, without any real disclosed reason. The Exiles website has started become what appears to be a mouthpiece for JR where as the VSC Forum has become the mouthpiece for Baldwin and Bramall.

In truth I know very little about either, while I agree the Belize thing sounds a bit fishy so does pushing our beloved John Ryan out the door.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 09, 2013, 01:43:09 pm by Wild Rover »
Lots fo people quote Coventry City where Hedge funds are concerned. In the past, did not SC "Invest" or even "Own" Hull City. Doesnt appear to have harmed them a great deal. Though i admit i know or remember little of said venture, why would i, its Hull City.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 09, 2013, 01:47:55 pm by bobjimwilly »
who is pushing him out the door though Martin? Should it be his way or the highway? That's not how business should be done.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 09, 2013, 01:54:38 pm by wilts rover »
Martin - I would disagree that the VSC website has become the mouthpiece for Baldwin and Bramall. It is certainly anti-SC and therefore anti John Ryan on this issue. As is Bramall (no idea about Baldwin) so it would seem to be a case of our enemies enemy is our friend.

Perhaps if we knew more about what Baldwin and Bramall's aims and objectives are ten the site could debate and promote/reject them. But I certainly don't, other than taking over the Dons and spending less on Rovers, which I hardly imagine many will be pro.

With you on your second paragraph all the way.

Branton, social media is a great tool that can be used to inform and create a lot of positive action. It can also be used by idiots to mischief make and create at lot of b*****ks. I suspect Terry Bramall and John Ryan can both tell the difference. I notice your dad has won something or other on the Alliance draw, top man. Hope he's well and pass on my best to him.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 09, 2013, 05:01:08 pm by RobTheRover »
Just to clarify,  the VSC are not anti-John Ryan at all. We are anti the Sequentia deal,  and for Martin (just so he can stop stirring) we stated exactly why we were against it. We asked a number of questions and received no answers. These were questions that any respectable shareholder/stakeholder should have been asking in order to draw a conclusion of whether the deal was right or not. Therefore,  we had to conclude that given the paucity of information we couldn't support the deal.

The rest of the stuff, such as the lack of anything remotely tangible regarding Sequentia, Belize hedge funds,  legal threats to supporters, etc,  all came later and confirmed that the right decision had been reached.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 09, 2013, 05:17:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Perhaps if we knew more about what Baldwin and Bramall's aims and objectives are ten the site could debate and promote/reject them.

Very forgetful. The aims and objectives were communicated at the beginning of the season at the Meet the Owners event. However, you know as well as I, there has been little or no helpful information about the takeover that any of us can hang our hat on. Despite reasonable questions, we have yet to hear anything other than soundbites and very flimsy information about a shell company or who might be behind it.

Had someone have chosen to handle this whole affair differently, we may be in better position that we are on this very sad day.   

MartinB

« Reply #9 on November 09, 2013, 05:34:47 pm by MartinB »
The intention wasn't to stir...there is no hidden agenda here on my behalf.

However reading the forum lately it has become apparent that there has been a bad feeling towards JR from some of the MODs, maybe not intentionally however it does appear to have happened.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 09, 2013, 05:50:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Martin, all we have done on here is roll with the punches when being attacked from certain quarters. Many people have expressed their many personal opinions about the matter but no one from the VSC, has instigated an attack on JR or dismissed the idea of 'investment'. 

the VSC directors have been pushed, poked, prodded, incited by certain people throughout this whole saga and from where I'm standing I think they've done a good job in retaining their dignity and neutral stance despite all the provocation.

Difficult at times to give a balanced view with some people hovering to twist and manipulate. However, it appears clear there has been an agenda to discredit the VSC to somehow gather support for the takeover.

Personally, I think JR deserves better but I can't change the path he has chosen. 

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 09, 2013, 05:57:41 pm by wilts rover »
Baz

I wasn't at that event. Was the intention to take over the Dons discussed there? And the funding implication of that for Rovers?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 09, 2013, 06:13:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Baz

I wasn't at that event. Was the intention to take over the Dons discussed there? And the funding implication of that for Rovers?

TBH, I think it was covered but perhaps went under the radar given the the 'takeover' issue however, I don't think many will be unaware of the 'Sporting Club Doncaster' initiative. The Sporting Club Doncaster flag has been flying outside the stadium for some months now. 

Gavin outlined general plans for improving revenue streams so I'm a bit surprised why there seems to be more of a fuss about the Dons situation now.   

TinyPortal © 2005-2012