Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:56:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So, who left early today?  (Read 12605 times)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
So, who left early today?
« on December 12, 2015, 04:57:01 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
Re: So, who left early today?
« Reply #1 on December 12, 2015, 05:06:04 pm by nice one rovers »
It's what I pray for every time I see the fire-drill folk leaving!

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 12, 2015, 05:07:43 pm by newyankee »
It proves you DO NOT leave early. What a fantastic finish and listening to Biltcliffe having an orgasm as the winner went in.

Martyn1968

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 12, 2015, 05:22:58 pm by Martyn1968 »
I left when they went 2-1 up. My hands are up.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 12, 2015, 05:24:44 pm by RedJ »
It proves you DO NOT leave early. What a fantastic finish and listening to Biltcliffe having an orgasm as the winner went in.

It's usually the other way around with him :laugh:

Is there any way to listen back to the commentary afterwards?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 12, 2015, 05:25:24 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Ha to those who left

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 12, 2015, 05:26:37 pm by Filo »

What did it sound like from the car park? 😀

john.theglebe

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 12, 2015, 05:37:20 pm by john.theglebe »

It's usually the other way around with him :laugh:

Is there any way to listen back to the commentary afterwards?
Yes you can wind it back on Rovers player just listening again now

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 12, 2015, 05:56:57 pm by glosterred »

That'll teach yer 😄😄😄😄

COYR

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 12, 2015, 06:01:13 pm by Cramby10 »
My parents did and so did my son. They were all frozen. Needless to say I was laughing my cock off when I returned to the car! My dad was spitting feathers! Ha ha.
Have to say though, were we still under the tenure of the unfortunate one I would have gone with them! Not now, I've rediscovered my rovers mojo!

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 12, 2015, 06:08:42 pm by deebee »
It's never over till the fat bloke blows his whistle. We all stayed and as those passed me on their way out at 1-2 down I said to them you are going to miss our goal and they laughed at me. WELL who's laughing now. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 12, 2015, 06:10:18 pm by Copps is Magic »
People were leaving even before Crewe scored. I don't understand it at all. I go on the hope that there will be some last minute drama. It's what football is all about.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 06:20:24 pm by Copps is Magic »

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 12, 2015, 06:17:04 pm by Cramby10 »
It's never over till the fat bloke blows his whistle. We all stayed and as those passed me on their way out at 1-2 down I said to them you are going to miss our goal and they laughed at me. WELL who's laughing now. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .
talking of the fat bloke blowing his whistle. How shite was he today?? Never gets mentioned when we win. I thought he'd left his cards at home. Crewe were as bad as Rochdale were in their persistent fouling!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 12, 2015, 06:17:40 pm by Donnywolf »
Full marks to Harry Middleton I think it was who ignored the celebrations at 2-2 and ran to the East Stand to grab the ball. He believed as did I that we could get another and we were right

Well done too to the perpetually fouling Number 29 who eventually presented us with a chance to make it 2-2 which Cam beautifully stuck away !

I was disappointed ONLY that when we went 3-2 the Ref did not just let them touch the ball to kick off and then blown 1 second later that will teach them !

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 12, 2015, 06:20:41 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Everybody around me, including Knockers and Harrogate Rover, wanted to leave when Crewe went 1-2 up, but I told them to be patient and stay and watch us win 3-2.  :whistle:

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 12, 2015, 06:23:02 pm by podrover73 »
There assistant manager was calling for time as soon as Crewe scored their winner.  Afree we equalised he was angry after we got the winner he was inconsolable, absolutely great the cheating git got what he deserved
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 06:25:18 pm by podrover73 »

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 12, 2015, 06:25:03 pm by Bessie Red »
Full marks to Harry Middleton I think it was who ignored the celebrations at 2-2 and ran to the East Stand to grab the ball. He believed as did I that we could get another and we were right

Well done too to the perpetually fouling Number 29 who eventually presented us with a chance to make it 2-2 which Cam beautifully stuck away !

I was disappointed ONLY that when we went 3-2 the Ref did not just let them touch the ball to kick off and then blown 1 second later that will teach them !

I love it when the opposition team time waste like they did today & end up getting beat!!

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 12, 2015, 06:40:05 pm by CJK »
For only the 2nd time I can remember, I left at 90 minutes today. Absolutely elated that we won but gutted not to have witnessed it. Lesson well and truly learnt! I was so sick when Crewe's goal went in after we'd battered them for 90 minutes I just couldn't stomach staying. Additionally it meant beating the crowds round the flooded lakeside path.

Ah well, I won't do that again.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 12, 2015, 06:44:08 pm by roversdude »
2 behind me did - they moaned all game so glad they missed it

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 12, 2015, 06:50:59 pm by Donnywolf »
Everybody around me, including Knockers and Harrogate Rover, wanted to leave when Crewe went 1-2 up, but I told them to be patient and stay and watch us win 3-2.  :whistle:

Reminds me of the Dover game when we were getting beaten 1-3 at Half Time . I turned to the blokes I had gone with and said " I reckon we can win this"

They both laughed and one of them said " and EXACTLY what Planet did you journey from for the game today"

ho ho 5-4 get that !

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 12, 2015, 06:52:23 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Was that from the half time tea bag splitting leaving you the bright future laid out in the bottom of your cup?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 12, 2015, 06:56:54 pm by Donnywolf »
No his Crystal Ball came good  :santa:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 12, 2015, 06:59:29 pm by drfchound »
The emotion swing was much the same as at Brentford.
I had said to my mate at 80 minutes that promotion teams find a way to win games like this, and then that happened.
Pleased for AW too because he had missed two sitters today.
Poetic justice that Cams free kick came from yet another foul by their 29 who should have been booked much earlier in the game.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 12, 2015, 07:07:23 pm by Donnywolf »
He should have been booked as you say long long before he was .. and he should have collected a Red under the totting up procedure ... thank god he didn't because he would not have been on the Pitch to commit the foul from which we scored a most Rovers unlike Free Kick. What a belter !!!

What a game

What Team Spirit

What a long way home for the cynical time wasting -  thought we had won it LOSERS ... a big hand for Crewe !

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 12, 2015, 07:08:27 pm by rover-n-out »
Hand held high, I was so disappointed and angry when Crewe went 1-2 up, I spat my dummy out and headed for the exit. On my way back to the car I heard an almighty cheer and the man on the mic sounding excited, so I thought to myself, bugger, don't tell me we've equalized and I've missed it. A bit further on and I hear another cheer, although I couldn't hear properly what was happening this time. Could not believe it when I got back to my car and checked the score. Unbelievable Jeff!!! Ah well, there's always the Football League Show at 9 'O' clock. Lesson learned.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 12, 2015, 07:41:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Was that from the half time tea bag splitting leaving you the bright future laid out in the bottom of your cup?

No his Crystal Ball came good  :santa:

Actually neither.......I had a power nap at half time and had a dream!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 12, 2015, 07:45:11 pm by Donnywolf »
Hand held high, I was so disappointed and angry when Crewe went 1-2 up, I spat my dummy out and headed for the exit. On my way back to the car I heard an almighty cheer and the man on the mic sounding excited, so I thought to myself, bugger, don't tell me we've equalized and I've missed it. A bit further on and I hear another cheer, although I couldn't hear properly what was happening this time. Could not believe it when I got back to my car and checked the score. Unbelievable Jeff!!! Ah well, there's always the Football League Show at 9 'O' clock. Lesson learned.

Don't miss it .... the goals were class especially the equaliser

Watch where Harry runs if it shows you - to get the Ball back to search for a 3rd if it does not !

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 12, 2015, 07:54:41 pm by IDM »
The two lads next to me left as we went 1-2 down.

I stayed.  I would have been happy (enough) had the ref called time after we scored, however to win it in that way was what we go to football for.

Overall, especially with the first half performance, the result was about right IMHO.

neil grainger

« Reply #28 on December 12, 2015, 11:16:34 pm by neil grainger »
For only the 2nd time I can remember, I left at 90 minutes today. Absolutely elated that we won but gutted not to have witnessed it. Lesson well and truly learnt! I was so sick when Crewe's goal went in after we'd battered them for 90 minutes I just couldn't stomach staying. Additionally it meant beating the crowds round the flooded lakeside path.

Ah well, I won't do that again.

A very honest and understandable account CJK. The lovely couple who sit in front of us bid us 'Happy Christmas' and left when Crewe's 2nd goal went in. I understand the feeling completely. You're fed up, gutted, disappointed, you don't want to see the away fans celebrate at the final whistle, it's cold, there's a long walk back to the car........

Lots of reasons to get up and go.

Except.... the game's not over! You took the trouble to prepare for the game, make plans for lunch, remember your hat, scarf and gloves, think about where to park etc etc. Give it a few minutes! Wait for the whistle!

To be honest, my brother and I also left our seats after Crewe's second goal because we too were gutted.... But something made us hesitate at the vomitory, because we just can't bring ourselves to go before the Fat Lady sings.

What followed will live in my memory as a Rovers fan forever. This game, this amazing, crazy, mad game can screw with your emotions and turn you inside out in the space of 90 seconds.
And so it did.
I will never forget those feelings, those emotions during that final 2 minutes.
I don't in any way gloat at those Rovers fans who left at 1-2. I feel their pain, but I want to share my elation with them.

And I want to say 5 simple words to you all: Never leave before the end!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 12, 2015, 11:26:20 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It's all well and good saying don't leave before the end, we're only just getting used to a new era where the players don't leave before the end either!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012