Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:37:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Social Media  (Read 2463 times)

Prez

• VSC Member
Social Media
« on January 14, 2021, 09:58:45 pm by Prez »
Some of the comments on various social media platforms about the club are an absolute disgrace. Yes most are probably from delinquents enjoying puberty, but there are a fair share of "adults" too spouting off, slagging the board in particular TB.

If these so called fans got their wish and TB left, my question to them is THEN WHAT? Are the really that naive that there would be a stream of investors ready to jump in and takeover DRFC? Because there isnt. John Ryan found that out, when he wanted back in, and its the same now.

Everyone connected with the club is naturally disappointed Ben has gone, but lets not lose sight this is not a normal season. Far from it. If the money received goes toward guarantee the clubs future, then ultimately thats the main thing. As i said on another post i trust DM implicitly to find a replacement. He will, and if its a 19 year old prem kid with no experiance as some are moaning, well Taylor Richards aint doing to bad is he?

Get a grip and get behind the club. We move on.

Finally God forbid if TB or GB read social media. Im sure they would think why bother.

Be grateful for what we have.

Apologies for the rant.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfc1951

• Forum Member
Re: Social Media
« Reply #1 on January 14, 2021, 10:06:15 pm by drfc1951 »
Some people cant wait to stick the boot in the club and board.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 14, 2021, 10:25:41 pm by since-1969 »
Some of the comments on various social media platforms about the club are an absolute disgrace. Yes most are probably from delinquents enjoying puberty, but there are a fair share of "adults" too spouting off, slagging the board in particular TB.

If these so called fans got their wish and TB left, my question to them is THEN WHAT? Are the really that naive that there would be a stream of investors ready to jump in and takeover DRFC? Because there isnt. John Ryan found that out, when he wanted back in, and its the same now.

Everyone connected with the club is naturally disappointed Ben has gone, but lets not lose sight this is not a normal season. Far from it. If the money received goes toward guarantee the clubs future, then ultimately thats the main thing. As i said on another post i trust DM implicitly to find a replacement. He will, and if its a 19 year old prem kid with no experiance as some are moaning, well Taylor Richards aint doing to bad is he?

Finally God forbid if TB or GB read social media. Im sure they would think why bother.

Apologies for the rant.
Where is your illustrative proof of this ie screen shots or quotes . The board of directors at DRFC are the only people giving a hoot at the moment outside of the entire staff of the club . As a fan who like most just want to see my club play win or loose but can’t find any fault in this shackled atmosphere of COVID-19 and all the hardship it has brought . Social media is just a hollow sound board where frustrated people can throw a irrelevant point of view or metaphorically kick their  cat  whilst waiting for good news of our return .

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 14, 2021, 10:36:45 pm by Filo »

Apologies for the rant.
Where is your illustrative proof of this ie screen shots or quotes . The board of directors at DRFC are the only people giving a hoot at the moment outside of the entire staff of the club . As a fan who like most just want to see my club play win or loose but can’t find any fault in this shackled atmosphere of COVID-19 and all the hardship it has brought . Social media is just a hollow sound board where frustrated people can throw a irrelevant point of view or metaphorically kick their  cat  whilst waiting for good news of our return .

He doesn’t need to provide proof, its there on twitter and facebook for all to see

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 14, 2021, 10:55:05 pm by Alan Southstand »
The Board surely knew this would happen. Talk about alienate the very people who help keep the Club going (under normal circumstances).

One step forward and three back - it ought to be our Club motto!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 14, 2021, 11:08:16 pm by sha66y »
I blame social media ..... and those that read it !

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 15, 2021, 09:06:51 am by EasyforDennis »
Isn't this forum a form of social media?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 15, 2021, 09:15:36 am by Metalmicky »

Nothing gets past you eh EFD......

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 15, 2021, 09:17:25 am by EasyforDennis »

Nothing gets past you eh EFD......

Just wondered?  ;)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 15, 2021, 11:03:39 am by since-1969 »

Apologies for the rant.

He doesn’t need to provide proof, its there on twitter and facebook for all to see
Another who offers no proof or facts  but rubbishes the owners by inference only !!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 15, 2021, 11:08:39 am by Filo »

Apologies for the rant.

Another who offers no proof or facts  but rubbishes the owners by inference only !!

Says the King of offering no proof or facts, I’m sure the irony is lost on you

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 15, 2021, 11:32:31 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's funny, you know what's coming every bonfire night, but still you're still fascinated to see the fireworks going off. Lots of noise.

Every transfer window is the same with heads exploding. Very similar actually with the odd premature bang before the big event.

I used to he happy with the odd rocket, a Catherine Wheel and a sparkler but it seems that's not enough these days!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 15, 2021, 12:49:34 pm by Jonathan »
Interesting topic this. Some of the comments on social media are truly pathetic, but I think it’s such a vast platform nowadays that there’s an inevitability about that no matter what the topic is. DRFC certainly aren’t immune to it.

It’s short sighted and foolish to simply blame ‘social media’ and those that use / read it. I’d hope that the club also looks at how it can engage better across the various platforms.

That’s not a direct criticism - there is so much good that this club does that’s rightly celebrated. But not everything is translating positively. We’re in a good position in the league, we appear to have thus far managed our way through the pandemic pretty well to put ourselves in a secure position for the future. That’s not to mention the excellent community work. You’ll never please everyone and we have to accept that, but the scale of the negativity also suggests to me that there’s something the club needs to look at in the way it communicates and manages expectations. We’ve seen some of those issues alluded to on here where the manager’s words are concerned.

The management of the football club should be reviewing this as a priority I feel. Social media is a huge part of life. You can’t succeed by just dismissing those engaging with it as “idiots” (I know some are!) and claiming to be getting everything right, because we’re obviously not!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 01:02:04 pm by Jonathan »

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 15, 2021, 01:03:25 pm by redarmy82 »
What does any club do if the investors leave or refuse to fund it any longer?
We aren't unique and clubs less attractive than us manage to secure new investment, so why wouldn't we be able to?

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 15, 2021, 01:14:42 pm by keith79 »
Look at Chesterfield

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 15, 2021, 01:17:40 pm by Michael Gibson »
What message does it send to fans when the best players are sold for peanuts year on year??? No ambition otherwise they wouldn’t be sold

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 15, 2021, 01:36:42 pm by rich1471 »
What message does it send to fans when the best players are sold for peanuts year on year??? No ambition otherwise they wouldn’t be sold
ok do you have a few million spare to give the club to stay afloat I don't and not many on here will as well that is why players get sold , all clubs do it

Ronnie Dovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 15, 2021, 02:07:58 pm by Ronnie Dovers »

Where do you buy your peanuts from?!?

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 15, 2021, 02:33:14 pm by redwine »
I like peanuts.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012