Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:44:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Social Media  (Read 1652 times)

Fal

• Forum Member
Social Media
« on December 28, 2022, 07:15:44 pm by Fal »
Genuine question, do we have anyone at the club who’s sole job is to monitor our social media channels or at the very least feedback to the club what the responses are?

Now I know they will be told to post certain offers but just one look at anything the club posts now is just met with disdain from pretty much most of the fanbase (me included). It was only a few weeks ago they posted one saying that the Carlisle game is the 15 year anniversary of the keepmoat and selling tickets for fifteen quid when infact it was quickly pointed out that it was actually 16 years ago and their promotion looked embarrassing.

I’m just embarrassed about the club I support not only on the pitch but off it too as it seems to being run into the ground and the self sufficient plan clearly isn’t working.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Social Media
« Reply #1 on December 28, 2022, 07:19:29 pm by Canadian Rover »
The match report was a 2-0 loss not a 3-0 one on the clubs website. Another example

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 28, 2022, 07:45:19 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
https://twitter.com/drfc_official/status/1608183629343072258?t=OiuJdo8-nK73fYD08zqQYg&s=19

This has also just been announced. Maybe not the best timing after Boxing days events.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 28, 2022, 08:16:22 pm by ravenrover »
Should Media come under Hodens remit?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 28, 2022, 09:07:46 pm by silent majority »

It does, that’s what here’s there for.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 28, 2022, 09:24:38 pm by CJK »
 I noticed that 15 year anniversary announcement the other day and wondered whether my maths was out, did it in my head three times to make sure it was 16 and not 15 years. That sort of stuff just really is embarrassing.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 28, 2022, 09:44:53 pm by Donnywolf »
..... and not wanting to join in by kicking a man (Club) while he (it) is down why did we need a 140th Anniversary ?

1879 plus 150 will be 2029

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 28, 2022, 09:50:17 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
Social media is bloody awful, we’re so far behind others with it, a bloody terrible pre match show on you tube, rather see bits from down the training ground, daily catch up with players etc.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 29, 2022, 12:46:59 am by Retdon1 »

It does, that’s what here’s there for.

If the club have appointed Hoden to run then seriously he’s stealing a wage. The only difference/improvement since he was appointed in that role is there is a 2 minute interview with the manger after the match.

A teenager could do a better job. Just a quick look at a few other clubs similar to ours and they have interviews with players, question and answer videos with the players and staff, video clips and photos from training, highlights from historical games.

The club have appointed people into roles that they just are not up to both on and off the pitch.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 29, 2022, 09:51:54 am by drfchound »
..... and not wanting to join in by kicking a man (Club) while he (it) is down why did we need a 140th Anniversary ?

……and to take that one step further Wolfie, 2029 might be the number of home fans in the ground if the team keep performing as they have been doing.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 29, 2022, 04:59:27 pm by EasyforDennis »

……and to take that one step further Wolfie, 2029 might be the number of home fans in the ground if the team keep performing as they have been doing.

I would be surprised if tonight isn't our worst attendance of the season so far.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 29, 2022, 08:12:33 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Genuine question, do we have anyone at the club who’s sole job is to monitor our social media channels or at the very least feedback to the club what the responses are?

Now I know they will be told to post certain offers but just one look at anything the club posts now is just met with disdain from pretty much most of the fanbase (me included). It was only a few weeks ago they posted one saying that the Carlisle game is the 15 year anniversary of the keepmoat and selling tickets for fifteen quid when infact it was quickly pointed out that it was actually 16 years ago and their promotion looked embarrassing.

I’m just embarrassed about the club I support not only on the pitch but off it too as it seems to being run into the ground and the self sufficient plan clearly isn’t working.

I think the majority of organisations/ businesses have a Social Media Ambassador (as they like to call themselves)
All the police forces have them, usually run by a 'digital PCSO. They have a Facebook page and Twitter.
We certainly don't seem to have the level of presence that many do. I don't even know if we have an official Facebook page. If we do, I've not seen it. I'm pretty sure Scarborough do. Their fixtures are plastered all over shops in the town centre.
Wether we like Social Media or not, it's the main means of communication for many people

TinyPortal © 2005-2012