Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:47:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So, to sum up tonights game tonight -v- WBA  (Read 1398 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
So, to sum up tonights game tonight -v- WBA
« on July 27, 2010, 11:54:15 pm by Red Rover »
Ok, to clear a few things up that I've read on here tonight after going to the game:

1- O'Connor:
Unsure why O'Connor was at left back, maybe Friend was injured or backup if Friend does get injured. He did very well. If anything he got itchy feet and came over to centre back a few times, but never the less did well.

2- Dumbaya:
Dumbaya did well in the first half before picking up a shoulder injury. He got man of the match, which i thought was slightly flattering, never the less he certainly looks a prospect and sed in the post match interview he is gonna fight tooth and nail to get in the first team this season.

3- Sully
Didnt have role back the years with a few class saves, especially a double quick save early in the second half...the lads still got it! (hopefully!!!)

4- Trialists:
So, the first trialist to come on was 31 year old wayne thomas from Southampton, previously at Burnley. My initial instinct was, hangon, a 31 year old, past it centre back, playing the same game as lockwood and martis? But he did have a crack of 40 mins, and didnt really put a foot wrong, and if we offered him a 1 year contract as backup, I cudnt c it as a bad thing.

The foreign (Spanish looking) centre midfielder who looks to play the Stock role. Well, apart from him wearing a shirt which was blatantly 4 sizes too big for him, I'm not sure if he was shy, but he had the 2nd most of time out of the trialists, and honestly didnt really touch the ball so its hard to comment.

Payne- Only got about 15 mins, didnt overly touch the ball so cant really comment.

So next was Stock making way for, as I sed a Dean Ashton like striker (No not Steve Brooker as some1 sed!) He almost made a quick impression, but never the less looked sharp and maybe a touch of Hayter in him, but only got about 10 mins action.

Shiels came off for a right winger, looked slightly like Willo Flood but I dont think it was. Only got about 10/5 mins, so was hard to tell.
The interesting thing was, the announcer sed the name of \"Wayne Thomas\" but not the names of the other trialists, altho the teamsheet before the game read; Payne, Lee kinsella, A jones, A smith, Pete Brady, A N Other.\"

Sounds like they are all made up to me!

...Never the less, a good performance, and a good result to round things off!  :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012