Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:30:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Congratualtions Keir Starmer  (Read 81151 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Congratualtions Keir Starmer
« Reply #1020 on April 23, 2021, 08:34:31 am by drfchound »
I actually felt sorry for Keir Starmer. No one should be subjected to that kind of abuse and the landlord should be ashamed of himself. Starmer handled the situation very well.

Quite right. I despise this attitude that politicians are fair game for verbal abuse. Whatever the opinion of the politician, nobody should be subjected to that.

HA, should they also have to take written abuse too.
Just asking.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1021 on April 23, 2021, 10:21:41 am by SydneyRover »
Can johnson actually write?

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #1022 on April 23, 2021, 10:23:54 am by Herbert Anchovy »
I actually felt sorry for Keir Starmer. No one should be subjected to that kind of abuse and the landlord should be ashamed of himself. Starmer handled the situation very well.

Quite right. I despise this attitude that politicians are fair game for verbal abuse. Whatever the opinion of the politician, nobody should be subjected to that.

Just asking.

No

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1023 on April 23, 2021, 12:42:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Just asking.

They should have to answer for their comments and policies. It is perfectly acceptbale

Just asking.

No

Should they be expected to be held to account in a reasoned and calm way for their actions, comments and policies?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1024 on April 23, 2021, 01:34:07 pm by wilts rover »

Just asking.

They should have to answer for their comments and policies. It is perfectly acceptbale

Just asking.

No

Should they be expected to be held to account in a reasoned and calm way for their actions, comments and policies?

Does criticism equal abuse?

Just asking for a friend...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1025 on April 24, 2021, 08:38:11 am by drfchound »

Just asking.

Just asking.

No

Does criticism equal abuse?

Just asking for a friend...

You can tell your friend that IMO criticism doesn’t equal abuse.
Calling people idiots etc or suggesting they can’t write, when very obviously they can, isn’t acceptable.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1026 on April 24, 2021, 08:46:20 am by SydneyRover »
you need to get a life hound if that's all you have

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1027 on April 24, 2021, 08:49:53 am by drfchound »
I have a great life, don’t worry yourself about me.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #1028 on April 24, 2021, 09:05:11 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Over the years I’ve found that those people who do think that abuse is justified are the first to cry foul when abuse is metered out in their direction.

Back in the 80’s certain sections of the Labour Party were more than happy to shout ‘Tory Scum’ at anyone in disagreement with them (even other Labour Party members). Yet when similar abuse was given back it was confirmation of the oppression of the workers by the rich paymasters. Crazy really.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1029 on April 24, 2021, 09:08:24 am by SydneyRover »
I totally agree with you HA, have a look at hounds back catalogue

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1030 on April 24, 2021, 09:12:36 am by drfchound »
Kettle Pot Black.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1031 on April 24, 2021, 09:16:31 am by SydneyRover »
Actually not hound you have been abusing me for yonks because at present I live beyond the imagino line, you and others that is, but when I return the favour ...................

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1032 on April 24, 2021, 09:28:17 am by drfchound »
Actually not hound you have been abusing me for yonks because at present I live beyond the imagino line, you and others that is, but when I return the favour ...................

You are making that up SR.
I have never abused you because you live in Australia, which is what I think you mean.
I have asked stuff like why does things like Brexit matter to you or objected when you have suggested I am a Tory voter et al and sometimes admitted that I have laughed at some of your blinkered (IMO) points of view.

What is the imagino line by the way.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1033 on April 24, 2021, 09:30:07 am by SydneyRover »
What the f**k should it matter to you where I live, I'm on the forum is all, when you've answered that ...................

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1034 on April 24, 2021, 09:32:55 am by drfchound »
What the f**k should it matter to you where I live, I'm on the forum is all, when you've answered that ...................

You haven’t answered my question though.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1035 on April 24, 2021, 09:34:33 am by SydneyRover »
Tough shit hound, grow up

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #1036 on April 24, 2021, 09:45:43 am by Herbert Anchovy »

For the record, my comment wasn’t aimed either directly or subliminally at any poster on here. It was a general reference in relation to human nature and attitudes.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1037 on April 24, 2021, 09:48:10 am by drfchound »
Tough shit hound, grow up

Don’t forget to pick the toys up later.
Bye, got things to do now.

Imagino..........

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1038 on April 24, 2021, 09:53:34 am by wilts rover »

You can tell your friend that IMO criticism doesn’t equal abuse.
Calling people idiots etc or suggesting they can’t write, when very obviously they can, isn’t acceptable.

Calling people idiots when they do something idiotic - as per the fouls for the penalties on Tuesday eve or the police action at the Sarah Everard vigil is imho acceptable.

However used as a form of abuse against fellow posters on the forum, fully agreed.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1039 on April 25, 2021, 02:59:23 am by SydneyRover »

For the record, my comment wasn’t aimed either directly or subliminally at any poster on here. It was a general reference in relation to human nature and attitudes.

Apologies HA for using your comment as a pivot, I shouldn't react when the child of the forum shouts nasty things because he doesn't like my politics but I do occasionally.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1040 on April 26, 2021, 03:03:34 am by SydneyRover »
Last post March the 17th  and now a month later the poor guy after waiting so long for a pint  has gone and got himself chucked out of the pub in Bath Somerset.
  Boy he is having a bad time of it, you ra ra boys look like you have ditched him on here after a start that promised much with a blast of trumpets, and in no time at all you have cast him aside like a used condom.
  I bet Boris is laughing his socks off.

I suppose it goes to ones own integrity of where your support goes, does one support a person that qualified at the bar and almost exclusively dealt with human rights issues and gained a knighthood for services for his work as director of public prosecution services (not for donating to the tory party) or to a dilettante with absolutely nothing of note to his name except plenty of question marks and who more than likely spends too much time in the bar.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1041 on April 26, 2021, 09:16:57 am by Bentley Bullet »
No qualifications in life, or praise of any kind, or awards including a knighthood make someone exempt from lies or deceit.

Take Keir Starmer for instance.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1042 on April 26, 2021, 09:37:19 am by selby »
  Anyone who could publically stand in front of the cameras on a station platform leading a bunch of nobody's on a trek to meet EU leaders on the Eurostar train to help to overturn a democratic vote by the UK population and think that he and his kind could overturn the vote should be now spending time reflecting his actions in prison, and in past times would still be on show hanging on the gibbet for treason.
  That was a show of complete distrust and ignorance and disdain of the UK citizens that took part in the referendum and the result.
  He is and will always be a Quisling.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 09:39:50 am by selby »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #1043 on April 26, 2021, 10:36:37 am by idler »
  Anyone who could publically stand in front of the cameras on a station platform leading a bunch of nobody's on a trek to meet EU leaders on the Eurostar train to help to overturn a democratic vote by the UK population and think that he and his kind could overturn the vote should be now spending time reflecting his actions in prison, and in past times would still be on show hanging on the gibbet for treason.
  That was a show of complete distrust and ignorance and disdain of the UK citizens that took part in the referendum and the result.
  He is and will always be a Quisling.
In spite of all that he is a far better man and person than Boris though.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1044 on April 26, 2021, 10:47:51 am by Bentley Bullet »
Even if that was a matter of fact instead of opinion it wouldn't necessarily qualify him as a better Prime Minister.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #1045 on April 26, 2021, 11:03:03 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Even if that was a matter of fact instead of opinion it wouldn't necessarily qualify him as a better Prime Minister.

True, but surely it helps if the PM is a good man? Given his catalogue of lies, does anyone still believe that Johnson is a good man?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1046 on April 26, 2021, 12:11:11 pm by Bentley Bullet »
We'll find out at the next election.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #1047 on April 26, 2021, 12:15:15 pm by idler »
Were I to choose a reliable friend or someone to Marry my daughter there is only one choice and that certainly isn’t Boris. He would also be behind Keir Starmer if I needed defending in court.
Boris being PM doesn’t automatically make him the best candidate or right for the job. I find the current options for voters of all persuasions very depressing and I can’t see it changing in the near future.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1048 on April 26, 2021, 01:26:14 pm by SydneyRover »
No qualifications in life, or praise of any kind, or awards including a knighthood make someone exempt from lies or deceit.

You've told us about one compared to the hundred johnson has made, nothing stopping you from completing the list except you don't have anything aye bb.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1049 on April 26, 2021, 01:29:12 pm by SydneyRover »

then you don't know what goes on in the office public prosecutions.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012