Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 02:28:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Congratualtions Keir Starmer  (Read 81156 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Congratualtions Keir Starmer
« Reply #1230 on April 30, 2021, 01:29:18 pm by drfchound »
What is it about Starmer that Tory voters don’t like? What has actually done (or not) that they object to? Let’s face it, we could create some list detailing Johnson’s failings (and some on here seem to forgive him anything) but what is it about Starmer that’s objectionable?

A pointless expertise, on this forum anyway, Herbert.
Without a doubt.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1231 on April 30, 2021, 01:32:09 pm by SydneyRover »
What is it about Starmer that Tory voters don’t like? What has actually done (or not) that they object to? Let’s face it, we could create some list detailing Johnson’s failings (and some on here seem to forgive him anything) but what is it about Starmer that’s objectionable?

They don't like him because he's a threat, they won't tell you why they vote for johnson & the carpetbaggers so they use Starmer/labor as a proxy, easy they don't have to explain

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #1232 on April 30, 2021, 01:33:42 pm by Metalmicky »
For me Starmer just doesn't stand out as an inspirational character......... people might decide to follow him - but I can only imagine it's out of curiosity...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1233 on April 30, 2021, 01:34:49 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Without a doubt.
Perhaps it's the type of disciples he attracts such as some of those on this forum!

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #1234 on April 30, 2021, 01:36:14 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Without a doubt.

I’d hope not Hound, because I’m genuinely curious to understand why.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1235 on April 30, 2021, 01:37:28 pm by drfchound »

Without a doubt.
Perhaps it's the type of disciples he attracts such as some of those on this forum!

Without a doubt BB.
I wouldn’t want to be part of any Party who included some of the leftie types on this forum.
They have certainly put me off even considering voting Labour.......ever.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1236 on April 30, 2021, 01:39:23 pm by drfchound »
For me Starmer just doesn't stand out as an inspirational character......... people might decide to follow him - but I can only imagine it's out of curiosity...

TBH mate I think that some Labour supporters would vote the same way if a Chimp was the leader.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 03:57:31 pm by drfchound »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #1237 on April 30, 2021, 01:46:26 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Without a doubt.

Surely it should be about making the choice of who's the best party and what are the best policies for the country?

We all support Rovers on here but there's obviously some knob stains in the support, I'm not and I'd hope other wouldn't stop supporting the club because of who else supports them.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1238 on April 30, 2021, 02:13:47 pm by bpoolrover »
Latest you gov poll https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2021/04/29/voting-intention-con-44-lab-33-27-28-apr

Hilarious isn't it. Boris would say he's gonna poison the water supply and he'd get a +5.
Why is that thou there must be a reason?

You might be better asking someone who voted Conservative. They're the only ones who understand why BJ is without blame for anything he does wrong.
there lies the problem it’s not about the tories, its people not voting for the Labour Party that is the problem, labour have spent the last week going on and on about boris flat and the vast majority of people don’t actually give a toss about it, yes if there is wrong doings it needs sorting but surley they should be trying to sell themselves to the voters and the voters they have lost about issues that people care about?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #1239 on April 30, 2021, 02:14:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Without a doubt.

Without a doubt BB.
I wouldn’t want to be part of any Party who included some of the leftie types on this forum.

You should vote for the party that most aligns to your beliefs. If you believe in pro-business, privatisation, etc then you should vote Conservatives. Then to use another football related example... If your beliefs are Tory beliefs and you weren't keen on the current leader, you shouldn't go for the party that supports the opposite in what you believe in, the same as if Rovers were playing crap and you wanted the manager gone, you wouldn't suddenly start going to watch Leeds, as that's selling out all your beliefs.

If you're a conservative. Then fair enough vote Conservative.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1240 on April 30, 2021, 02:18:22 pm by belton rover »
Then the result would always be exactly the same.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #1241 on April 30, 2021, 02:20:49 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Latest you gov poll https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2021/04/29/voting-intention-con-44-lab-33-27-28-apr

Hilarious isn't it. Boris would say he's gonna poison the water supply and he'd get a +5.

You might be better asking someone who voted Conservative. They're the only ones who understand why BJ is without blame for anything he does wrong.
there lies the problem it’s not about the tories, its people not voting for the Labour Party that is the problem, labour have spent the last week going on and on about boris flat and the vast majority of people don’t actually give a toss about it, yes if there is wrong doings it needs sorting but surley they should be trying to sell themselves to the voters and the voters they have lost about issues that people care about?

But Labour are the opposition. They're opposing them and pointing out any wrong doing and making sure they're held to account for it. It's not an election year for 3 more years so obviously Labour don't have a manifesto currently to attract people with. What would you specifically expect them to do currently?

I don't see how it's not about the Tories though... They shouldn't be gaining support when they cock up. If they're doing well then fair enough but when they're blatantly breaking the law, giving public money to their mates, etc then that support shouldn't grow.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1242 on April 30, 2021, 02:41:16 pm by bpoolrover »

But Labour are the opposition. They're opposing them and pointing out any wrong doing and making sure they're held to account for it. It's not an election year for 3 more years so obviously Labour don't have a manifesto currently to attract people with. What would you specifically expect them to do currently?

I don't see how it's not about the Tories though... They shouldn't be gaining support when they cock up. If they're doing well then fair enough but when they're blatantly breaking the law, giving public money to their mates, etc then that support shouldn't grow.
because your average joe bloggs does not follow politics every day, they are not interested that boris might not have followed procedure with his flat, raise concerns on housing education poverty, put it out there what they will do to change things if they were in power, maybe stop slagging people off for voting Tory or brexit and post positive things about the Labour Party that might change peoples way of thinking

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #1243 on April 30, 2021, 02:50:53 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Ok, I got this.

The Labour Party being in power would mean less homeless people in the Town Centre.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1244 on April 30, 2021, 02:59:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Without a doubt.

Without a doubt BB.

Absof**kinglutely.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1245 on April 30, 2021, 03:05:11 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

because your average joe bloggs does not follow politics every day, they are not interested that boris might not have followed procedure with his flat, raise concerns on housing education poverty, put it out there what they will do to change things if they were in power, maybe stop slagging people off for voting Tory or brexit and post positive things about the Labour Party that might change peoples way of thinking

So you think the government shouldn't be held to account because of some people who aren't interested in politics. That's an interesting constitutional theory.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #1246 on April 30, 2021, 03:06:12 pm by Axholme Lion »
Wasn't Starmer at the CPS when they said nothing to see here about Jimmy Saville?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1247 on April 30, 2021, 03:09:10 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Wasn't Starmer at the CPS when they said nothing to see here about Jimmy Saville?

https://fullfact.org/online/keir-starmer-prosecute-jimmy-savile/

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #1248 on April 30, 2021, 03:53:22 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
What is it about Starmer that Tory voters don’t like? What has he actually done (or not) that they object to? Let’s face it, we could create some list detailing Johnson’s failings (and some on here seem to forgive him anything) but what is it about Starmer that’s objectionable?

So, unless I’ve missed anything, Non Labour supporters don’t like Starmer because:
A) He lacks an inspirational personality
B) The actions/comments of Labour supporters

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #1249 on April 30, 2021, 03:57:20 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

I think that’s long been consigned to the bullshit barrel along with Corbyns supposed support of the IRA.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1250 on April 30, 2021, 03:57:43 pm by bpoolrover »

So you think the government shouldn't be held to account because of some people who aren't interested in politics. That's an interesting constitutional theory.
could you show me where I said that please?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1251 on April 30, 2021, 03:58:49 pm by drfchound »

Without a doubt.

Without a doubt BB.

You should vote for the party that most aligns to your beliefs. If you believe in pro-business, privatisation, etc then you should vote Conservatives. Then to use another football related example... If your beliefs are Tory beliefs and you weren't keen on the current leader, you shouldn't go for the party that supports the opposite in what you believe in, the same as if Rovers were playing crap and you wanted the manager gone, you wouldn't suddenly start going to watch Leeds, as that's selling out all your beliefs.

People also have the option to vote for other Party’s of course.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1252 on April 30, 2021, 03:59:29 pm by bpoolrover »
What is it about Starmer that Tory voters don’t like? What has he actually done (or not) that they object to? Let’s face it, we could create some list detailing Johnson’s failings (and some on here seem to forgive him anything) but what is it about Starmer that’s objectionable?

So, unless I’ve missed anything, Non Labour supporters don’t like Starmer because:
to be fair enough people on here mocked may for having no personality

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #1253 on April 30, 2021, 04:02:13 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Without a doubt.

Without a doubt BB.

People also have the option to vote for other Party’s of course.

Yeah, that align with their beliefs.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #1254 on April 30, 2021, 05:48:18 pm by scawsby steve »

Herbert, you're missing one huge reason. As former Shadow Brexit Secretary, Starmer masterminded Labour's push for a second referendum. In other words, he was telling Labour voters in the North of England that they'd voted the wrong way, so they could all f*ck off, because him and his cronies were insisting that they'd all have to vote again.

That was the reason Labour got slaughtered in the North East at the GE, and will probably get pumped again in Hartlepool, despite Johnson's sleaze.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #1255 on April 30, 2021, 07:10:00 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Herbert, you're missing one huge reason. As former Shadow Brexit Secretary, Starmer masterminded Labour's push for a second referendum. In other words, he was telling Labour voters in the North of England that they'd voted the wrong way, so they could all f*ck off, because him and his cronies were insisting that they'd all have to vote again.

That was the reason Labour got slaughtered in the North East at the GE, and will probably get pumped again in Hartlepool, despite Johnson's sleaze.

Point taken Steve, though I was only repeating what others had said rather than my own opinion.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #1256 on April 30, 2021, 08:22:49 pm by foxbat »
It baffles my brain that in a week millions of people will walk into voting booths and say, yes, I want more of this.

Ignoring the deaths, lies, corruption. All in the name of some abstract notion that Labour is bad with the economy while it haemorrhages from a Tory Brexit.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #1257 on April 30, 2021, 08:47:34 pm by BVB »

TBH mate I think that some Labour supporters would vote the same way if a Chimp was the leader.

That’s a very old, tired and lazy line.
Please do better.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1258 on April 30, 2021, 09:08:32 pm by belton rover »

You have missed something, Herbert: I’m not a non Labour supporter but I think he has no personality.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1259 on April 30, 2021, 09:16:46 pm by drfchound »

That’s a very old, tired and lazy line.
Please do better.

Yep, so it might be but it is still true.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012