Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 08:22:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Congratualtions Keir Starmer  (Read 81148 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Congratualtions Keir Starmer
« Reply #1290 on May 07, 2021, 04:49:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It looked to me in my far from qualified view that Corbyn refused to nail his colours to the mast of either side of Leave or remain and supported neither. As a result, both Remainers and Leavers reciprocated likewise.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 05:03:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #1291 on May 07, 2021, 05:00:35 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
It looked to me in my far from qualified view that Corbyn refused to nail his colours to the mast of either side of Leave or remain and as a result supported neither.

I think you’re right

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #1292 on May 07, 2021, 05:49:17 pm by tyke1962 »
A comment made in The Guardian resonated with me personally , that maybe a first but none the less it's true .

The biggest argument in the Labour Party today is who made the biggest feck up of it ? , the left or the centre .

The answer is probably the both of em .

Whilst I expected Labour to lose Hartlepool , they would have lost it in 2019 if the Brexit Party hadn't split the vote with the Tories I'm shocked none the less at the size of the Tory victory .

The party has to accept the uncomfortable truth that it's unelectable in it's present guise , whatever that maybe , I don't know what it is anymore , what it stands for or who it represents .

The party is now a failed project and unfortunately in politics facing off against the most successful political opponent in the world it's unlikely to be successful ever again .

The only thing it can do to oppose the Tories with any teeth is to come together with the Greens , Lib Dems  SNP ( who will want another independence referendum for their trouble ) and other minor parties under one umbrella .

This new arrangement would probably require a new name and a total re-brand , the whole works .

It isn't something I'd sign up to personally but I simply point the way forward if the Tories are ever to be voted out of government .

In my opinion Scotland could be brought back under this new arrangement , tory remainer voters in the south and of course the metropolitan vote the Labour Party still enjoy .

The thing that connects this arrangement is the pro EU stance which is why It wouldn't interest me although I've never voted tory in my life and I never will .

I simply point the way forward with many Labour people having to face up to the catastrophe the party has become today .

« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 07:12:53 pm by tyke1962 »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1293 on May 07, 2021, 06:05:35 pm by selby »
  Point is there is a lot of thick people about in politics, mainly the ones who have been calling other people that for the last five years.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #1294 on May 07, 2021, 07:50:14 pm by tyke1962 »
  Point is there is a lot of thick people about in politics, mainly the ones who have been calling other people that for the last five years.

You'd imagine with one of their own as leader of the Labour Party , metropolitan and pro EU they'd be a place for some self assessment .

That's not to say I'm pinning all this on Starmer by any means and I didn't personally place all the ills within Labour on Corbyn's tenure either .

In my opinion this started with Blair and they've paid a huge price for 13 years of power in the former Red Wall .

The failure to act positively in the old industrial heartlands post Thatcher has come back to bite spectacularly .

In Mandelson's own words , " they have no where else to go " , as arrogant a sentence you'll ever read by a man who is on the record as saying " he loved the company of filthy rich people " .

Even with the best intentions it isn't a great look .

Only somebody so clearly out of touch would have brought him back .

Blair , I could hold my nose and vote Labour , just about .

Bring that feckwit Mandelson back and it was a step too far for me , it's bad enough tolerating the likes of Thornberry and co without that idiot .

There comes a point when you've had enough and the chips fall where they fall .

The policy to place a massive pro EU Labour candidate in such a huge leave area as Hartlepool just showed how much they actually respected the Hartlepool electorate .

I could go on but I'll leave it there .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1295 on May 08, 2021, 06:26:39 am by SydneyRover »

There you go again selby, 5 years is nothing tories have been doing it for a whole lot longer and the link below doesn't even include johnson, why you ever want to be their number one fan escapes me, don't you know it's terribly non-pc to talk about money and they would have def have non-U stamped on your application.

British workers 'among worst idlers', suggest Tory MPs

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-19300051

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1296 on May 08, 2021, 07:37:43 am by selby »
  Syd 10 out of 10 for loyalty and trying, don't read links buddy they are always one sided and not a view on reality especially the guardian and bbc. they have an agenda, looks like one you pander to.
  Have you ever posted a link to an article criticizing the Labour Party? there are thousands of them kicking about at the moment, some actually by Labour supporters.
  They are becoming irrelevant,  something I told you months ago, old hat, old fashioned, and have not moved or recognised the different times we are now living in and are about with Al going to change even quicker than at any time in the past.
  Lots of the professions will become automated, teaching and universities have probably unknowingly opened the door with remote learning and to a point doctors and Dentists, much of the legal work is repetitive, They will still need fitters plumbers and electricians though.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1297 on May 08, 2021, 08:07:32 am by wilts rover »
It looked to me in my far from qualified view that Corbyn refused to nail his colours to the mast of either side of Leave or remain and supported neither. As a result, both Remainers and Leavers reciprocated likewise.

Wales - South Wales in particular - voted strongly to Leave.

Labour increased its vote share in Wales - South Wales in particular.

Corbyn was replaced by Starmer over a year ago. Starmer was seen, rightly or wrongly as a strong Remainer. Labour's vote share in England went down.

The Lib Dem's were seen as a strong Remain party. The Lib Dem vote has gone down everywhere.

The Greens were seen as a strong Remain party. The Green vote has gone up everywhere.

Yes Brexit is important - but only for the Tories. As a right-wing project they are seen to have achieved it successfully and thus coalesced all those votes together. There were no other right-wing parties that had any meaniningfull effect as there have been for all of this century. They are now the party of the right and far-right.

Whilst Remain has splintered - and most likely stayed at home as they don't seen anyone representing them. The left has splintered and especially in England don't see any one party representing them.

Brilliant tactical achievement by Cameron and Johnson.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1298 on May 08, 2021, 08:39:49 am by SydneyRover »
  Syd 10 out of 10 for loyalty and trying, don't read links buddy they are always one sided and not a view on reality especially the guardian and bbc. they have an agenda, looks like one you pander to.
  Have you ever posted a link to an article criticizing the Labour Party? there are thousands of them kicking about at the moment, some actually by Labour supporters.
  They are becoming irrelevant,  something I told you months ago, old hat, old fashioned, and have not moved or recognised the different times we are now living in and are about with Al going to change even quicker than at any time in the past.
  Lots of the professions will become automated, teaching and universities have probably unknowingly opened the door wing and to a point doctors and Dentists, much of the legal work is repetitive, They will still need fitters plumbers and electricians though.

Just keepin' it real selby following your comments that showed less the half of the story and the truth, remembering of course it's the candidates you are voting for not anyone else, whoever they are.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1299 on May 08, 2021, 08:43:13 am by drfchound »

Wales - South Wales in particular - voted strongly to Leave.

Labour increased its vote share in Wales - South Wales in particular.

Corbyn was replaced by Starmer over a year ago. Starmer was seen, rightly or wrongly as a strong Remainer. Labour's vote share in England went down.

The Lib Dem's were seen as a strong Remain party. The Lib Dem vote has gone down everywhere.

The Greens were seen as a strong Remain party. The Green vote has gone up everywhere.

Yes Brexit is important - but only for the Tories. As a right-wing project they are seen to have achieved it successfully and thus coalesced all those votes together. There were no other right-wing parties that had any meaniningfull effect as there have been for all of this century. They are now the party of the right and far-right.

Whilst Remain has splintered - and most likely stayed at home as they don't seen anyone representing them. The left has splintered and especially in England don't see any one party representing them.

Brilliant tactical achievement by Cameron and Johnson.

Wilts.
“Starmer was seen RIGHTLY OR WRONGLY as as a strong remainer”.
Didn’t he lean towards a second referendum?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1300 on May 08, 2021, 08:45:31 am by drfchound »
  Lots of the professions will become automated, teaching and universities have probably unknowingly opened the door wing and to a point doctors and Dentists, much of the legal work is repetitive, They will still need fitters plumbers and electricians though.

Just keepin' it real selby following your comments that showed less the half of the story and the truth, remembering of course it's the candidates you are voting for not anyone else, whoever they are.

When interviewed on tv all of the Hartlepool public spoke about Starmer or Johnson.
I didn’t hear anyone speak about the local candidates.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1301 on May 08, 2021, 08:52:31 am by SydneyRover »
Did you see johnson up there before the poll?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #1302 on May 08, 2021, 08:58:19 am by DonnyOsmond »
  Lots of the professions will become automated, teaching and universities have probably unknowingly opened the door with remote learning and to a point doctors and Dentists, much of the legal work is repetitive, They will still need fitters plumbers and electricians though.

Does far right radio station TalkRadio not have an agenda?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1303 on May 08, 2021, 09:04:53 am by drfchound »
Did you see johnson up there before the poll?

How does that have a bearing on what I wrote.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1304 on May 08, 2021, 09:09:22 am by SydneyRover »
And? just a question is all, no tricks, plain question

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1305 on May 08, 2021, 09:10:43 am by drfchound »
Have you seen Starmer in  Hartlepool since the disaster.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1306 on May 08, 2021, 09:13:29 am by SydneyRover »
No but he was up there a few times campaigning, someone said they saw life size windbag that looked remarkably like johnson  :)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1307 on May 08, 2021, 09:16:11 am by drfchound »
Well that campaigning went well for him didnt it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1308 on May 08, 2021, 09:20:11 am by SydneyRover »
well spotted hound, remind me why you voted for brexit?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1309 on May 08, 2021, 09:29:47 am by drfchound »
well spotted hound, remind me why you voted for brexit?

I didn’t and I explained that to you less than half an hour ago on the Hartlepool thread.
Keep up.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1310 on May 08, 2021, 09:45:02 am by SydneyRover »

When interviewed on tv all of the Hartlepool public spoke about Starmer or Johnson.
I didn’t hear anyone speak about the local candidates.

And, the information in the article is true/fact, what does it matter where it comes from the conservative included their disdain for working classes and arrogantly put it in a book, johnson has been doing it forever.

Tell me I'm wrong?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1311 on May 11, 2021, 11:15:07 am by MachoMadness »
Starmer's approval rating is now -48. For reference, that's more than 20 points lower than Corbyn's was at the time of the 2019 election.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1312 on May 11, 2021, 11:19:08 am by drfchound »
That will no doubt be discredited Macho before too long.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1313 on May 11, 2021, 11:26:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
You got a link for that MM? Latest data I've seen put Starmer at -7.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1314 on May 11, 2021, 11:31:49 am by selby »
Is there still anyone who are still wondering about the nick name Stabber, if there is just get in touch with Angela Raynor she will be able to enlighten you.
  Not someone to let put his arm around your shoulder or be behind you, more sharp edges than a diamond.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1315 on May 11, 2021, 12:00:24 pm by MachoMadness »
Latest Yougov numbers, BST.
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/trackers/keir-starmer-approval-rating
Edit: i should point out that this is still slightly better than Corbyn's lowest point, which was in the mid 50s. But it took Corbyn years and a muddled brexit policy to get there.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 12:12:22 pm by MachoMadness »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1316 on May 11, 2021, 12:58:44 pm by SydneyRover »
They're shockers MM, early election?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #1317 on May 11, 2021, 01:14:56 pm by albie »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1318 on May 11, 2021, 02:12:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Latest Yougov numbers, BST.
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/trackers/keir-starmer-approval-rating
Edit: i should point out that this is still slightly better than Corbyn's lowest point, which was in the mid 50s. But it took Corbyn years and a muddled brexit policy to get there.

Strange, that. The YG figures are wildly out if sync with all the other pollsters. See here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadership_approval_opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1319 on May 11, 2021, 02:29:43 pm by bpoolrover »
I think one of labours problem now is getting people to vote, under corbyn he galvanised the younger voters and I can’t see starmer doing that( I could be wrong and only a opinion lol)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012