Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:33:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Congratualtions Keir Starmer  (Read 81155 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Congratualtions Keir Starmer
« Reply #120 on April 07, 2020, 07:05:19 pm by wilts rover »
Starmer promises to continue 'Corbynism' whilst making the Labour Party more respectful, inclusive and engaging;

https://labourlist.org/2020/02/starmer-unveils-eight-key-reforms-to-make-labour-open-respectful-creative-and-engaging/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on April 07, 2020, 07:11:18 pm by drfchound »
Starmer promises to continue 'Corbynism' whilst making the Labour Party more respectful, inclusive and engaging;

https://labourlist.org/2020/02/starmer-unveils-eight-key-reforms-to-make-labour-open-respectful-creative-and-engaging/

Does he really say that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on April 07, 2020, 07:25:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nope.

I've read that several times and I can't find any evidence of a Year 10 standard essay about NATO, full of Noam Chomsky quotes, tetchy mumbling about kneeling before the Queen or implied suggestions that we should ask Putin if he sent the Novachok poisoners.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on April 07, 2020, 07:47:56 pm by drfchound »
Nope.

I've read that several times and I can't find any evidence of a Year 10 standard essay about NATO, full of Noam Chomsky quotes, tetchy mumbling about kneeling before the Queen or implied suggestions that we should ask Putin if he sent the Novachok poisoners.

Thought so (I think).

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on April 07, 2020, 07:50:35 pm by wilts rover »
Announcing his package of reforms, Starmer said: “I am immensely proud of the size and energy of the party. People were inspired in their thousands by Jeremy Corbyn to join Labour, and we must not lose that idealism and radicalism.

inspiration, idealism and radicalism anyone...

They are all Corbynistas now - get over it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on April 07, 2020, 07:52:36 pm by drfchound »
Announcing his package of reforms, Starmer said: “I am immensely proud of the size and energy of the party. People were inspired in their thousands by Jeremy Corbyn to join Labour, and we must not lose that idealism and radicalism.

Yeah, then he says “we can channel it more effectively”, meaning not doing things the way Jezza did.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on April 07, 2020, 07:54:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Absolutely nothing to get over. You are welcome to go back to 2015/16 and read me saying how much I supported Corbyn's domestic policies.

And how no-one with his view of foreign affairs would ever cross the threshold of No. 10.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on April 07, 2020, 07:57:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't Tories by the boatloads join the Labour party just to vote Corbyn in, so as to strengthen Tory support?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on April 07, 2020, 08:35:55 pm by Sprotyrover »
First of all, congratulations to the bloke for his leadership victory, and I'll be the first to congratulate him if he becomes Prime Minister in 2024, because that's what I do.

However, he has a massive job in getting back on board all the Northern voters who deserted the Party last December, because of his stance on Brexit, and the perceived image of the Labour Party becoming the party of the London Metropolitan elite.

If Labour are to win in 2024, they desperately need those voters back.

SS.

Hang on.

Starmer, the son of a nurse and a toolmaker is a member of the elite?

Johnson, the Eton educated son of a father who went to Rugby school and who is the direct descendant of Turkish and German nobility is a man of the people?

Could you just run by me how that logic works? Only it seems to me that "Elite" has become one of the those really lazy words that is just chucked out as an insult against anyone that folk don't like.
Boris has got no Bragging rights his Great Grandad was Haci Ahmet RIZA an effendi 'educated gentleman' his 'wife' was a Circassian slave.from the village of Kalfat in Cankiri Turkey.not very Aristocratic,on the Pfeffel side his ancestors include Johannesburg Pfeffel. 1580 to 1634 the town watchman of Newburgh an der Donau, his son Conrad Pfeffel was a Tailor.
A bit later Christian Pfeffel Pops up who was very intelligent and served as the Envoy of The kingdom of Bavaria to England, he was later promoted to Frieherr. A bit like a Mp promoted to the House of Lords.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:49:19 pm by Sprotyrover »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on April 07, 2020, 11:22:38 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
think i read one of his relatives got assasinated   

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on April 08, 2020, 10:36:03 pm by Sprotyrover »
Interestingly slavery did not end in Turkey until 1933. Circassian women were the prized possession and were acquired as Sex slaves. So Boris Ohnsons great great grandma was a Sex slave!

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on April 08, 2020, 11:25:05 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Interestingly slavery did not end in Turkey until 1933. Circassian women were the prized possession and were acquired as Sex slaves. So Boris Ohnsons great great grandma was a Sex slave!

if Johnson gets married he will have "scored" an equaliser in his "Beddings"  sorry "Weddings" contest with Corbyn to make the scoreS 3 all
it seems he got divorced in February 2020.

Johnson 2 and counting
Spouse: Marina Wheeler (m. 1993–2020), Allegra Mostyn-Owen (m. 1987–1993)

Corbyn 3
Spouse: Laura Alvarez (m. 2013), Claudia Bracchitta (m. 1987–1999), Jane Chapman (m. 1974–1979)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on April 09, 2020, 06:59:08 am by drfchound »
A bloke I used to work with had a very unusual record when it came to marriages.
He actually had more weddings than wedding anniversaries.
Married three times but only had two anniversaries.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on April 09, 2020, 09:48:56 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Does he b*llocks.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on April 09, 2020, 11:25:27 am by BillyStubbsTears »

You ever been to Beijing?

Tiannanmen Square is breathtaking. There's a 50 foot high picture of Mao looking down austerely from the walls of the Forbidden Palace. He's effectively been elevated to God-like status.

Then you go round the corner and there's Beijing's Oxford Street. Versace, Armani, Jimmy Choo...that sort of thing.

And in the middle of the street is a statue of Deng Xiao Ping. The man who picked up the shattered pieces of China after Mao's death and set them on the road to their current economic success. All the while telling the masses who had been brainwashed by the Cult of Mao that he was a Maoist and he venerated the Great Leader.

That's kind of how you have to do it when you are dealing with a cult.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on April 09, 2020, 11:27:49 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's the first step on the Financial Repression road by the way.
https://www.ft.com/content/664c575b-0f54-44e5-ab78-2fd30ef213cb

This actually IS the BoE printing money to allow the Govt to keep spending.

This is what the Right told you that McDonnell would do. And they told you it would turn us into Venezuela.

It's here. Now.

Happening under a Tory Govt.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on April 09, 2020, 11:52:58 am by SydneyRover »
Those that voted for this rabble are too embarrassed to reply bst

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on April 09, 2020, 12:02:38 pm by Filo »

This is what the Right told you that McDonnell would do. And they told you it would turn us into Venezuela.

It's here. Now.

“Brown bankrupt the Country”

They can never ever use that phrase again after this

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on April 09, 2020, 12:05:58 pm by SydneyRover »
it wasn't a legitimate call before but they still used it Filo

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on April 09, 2020, 12:16:01 pm by Ldr »

It's here. Now.

So you should be turning cartwheels BST, you get what you want fiscally and we all avoided Corbyn 🤣

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on April 09, 2020, 12:18:05 pm by SydneyRover »
Can you cut and paste it Ldr there's a paywall?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on April 09, 2020, 12:20:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This is what I've been talking about on the subject of integrity.

The Right have looked grave and serious and stroked their chins for years and said, "Good Lord! No you can't do that! It will destroy the country" when the Left has suggested textbook economic policies to get us out of the perma-slump that we have been in for a decade.

The Right KNEW that Austerity would be catastrophic for the economy. But they did it anyway, because it gave them a stick to beat Labour with. ("Labour are irresponsible spenders. We are serious people and we'll do the hard stuff to make the country stronger." Utter b*llocks, but it win the argument and kept the Tories in power.)

Now the game has changed. Stuff that the Tories were calling Marxist 4 months ago is now centre ground. And Labour could be making hay with this. But they are not, because it is in the national interest to get this right.

Just like it was in the national interest to bail out the economy 12 years ago, when the Tories screamed that Labour was irresponsible to do it.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on April 09, 2020, 12:21:29 pm by Ldr »
Can you cut and paste it Ldr there's a paywall?

Sorry Syd, cut and paste what?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on April 09, 2020, 12:21:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I posted that Sydney. You can access it by signing up for a free account.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on April 09, 2020, 12:23:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ldr.

Yes of course.

I'm cock-a-hoop that we have a deadly virus that is killing tens of thousands of us and has led to us losing 30% of the economy. This is what I've prayed for every morning.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on April 09, 2020, 12:25:36 pm by ravenrover »

You ever been to Beijing?

Tiannanmen Square is breathtaking. There's a 50 foot high picture of Mao looking down austerely from the walls of the Forbidden Palace. He's effectively been elevated to God-like status.

Then you go round the corner and there's Beijing's Oxford Street. Versace, Armani, Jimmy Choo...that sort of thing.

And in the middle of the street is a statue of Deng Xiao Ping. The man who picked up the shattered pieces of China after Mao's death and set them on the road to their current economic success. All the while telling the masses who had been brainwashed by the Cult of Mao that he was a Maoist and he venerated the Great Leader.

That's kind of how you have to do it when you are dealing with a cult.
And his tomb directly opposite and the Govt buildings to the left as you look at the picture. In amongst all the designer shops though Billy there are lots of markets selling lots of rip off clothing shoes jewelry and electronics all fake but if you barter hard with them you can get some real bargains

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on April 09, 2020, 01:11:22 pm by drfchound »

It's here. Now.

Genuine question BST, what is the alternative?
If the BoE didn’t back the government with this action, what would happen?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on April 09, 2020, 01:29:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

There isn't an alternative.

It is the correct thing to do.

And it won't turn us into Venezuela.

I'm not criticising the economics. The economics is textbook stuff.

I'm criticising the hypocrisy.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on April 09, 2020, 01:34:46 pm by SydneyRover »

It's here. Now.

So you should be turning cartwheels BST, you get what you want fiscally and we all avoided Corbyn 🤣

Didn't you reply to this Ldr? I assume you read the link.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on April 09, 2020, 01:40:34 pm by Ldr »

It's here. Now.

Didn't you reply to this Ldr? I assume you read the link.

Nah mate, just responding to BST

TinyPortal © 2005-2012