Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:59:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Congratualtions Keir Starmer  (Read 81157 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Congratualtions Keir Starmer
« Reply #780 on October 29, 2020, 05:49:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The statement from Corbyn that led to suspension;
https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1321806659589689344/photo/1

What's wrong with that?

It's him doing what he's always done. Giving ammunition to Labour's enemies to fire at Labour, accusing them of downplaying the issue. It's Corbyn through and through. Cocooned in the certainty that he is right, because no-one in his coterie ever tells him he's wrong. And utterly oblivious to how he is seen by the world outside.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #781 on October 29, 2020, 06:11:07 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I think the problem albie with corbyn like many of the posters on here is he won’t accept there a problem with anti semitism throughout the Labour Party

It literally says in his statement "Anyone claiming there is no antisemitism in the Labour Party is wrong. Of course there is"

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #782 on October 29, 2020, 06:18:02 pm by turnbull for england »
The statement from Corbyn that led to suspension;
https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1321806659589689344/photo/1

What's wrong with that?

It's him doing what he's always done. Giving ammunition to Labour's enemies to fire at Labour, accusing them of downplaying the issue. It's Corbyn through and through. Cocooned in the certainty that he is right, because no-one in his coterie ever tells him he's wrong. And utterly oblivious to how he is seen by the world outside.

If at work when its been proven to have occurred on your watch you can disagree privately all you want but a  bit of  public contrition wouldnt go amiss for the good of the firm , if your still brazening it out then somethings got to give , and that will be you !       

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #783 on October 29, 2020, 06:37:22 pm by bpoolrover »
I think the problem albie with corbyn like many of the posters on here is he won’t accept there a problem with anti semitism throughout the Labour Party

It literally says in his statement "Anyone claiming there is no antisemitism in the Labour Party is wrong. Of course there is"
be he also that they are overstated dramatically

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #784 on October 29, 2020, 06:41:27 pm by bpoolrover »
I don't think I've seen Bpool ever post so much. You'd almost think he doesn't actually care about Jewish people at all and is happy to use them to bash the lefties.
and going off your way of thinking anyone  who has a go at the tories for the way they have handled Covid can’t actually care about the people with Covid there just using it to bash the goverment!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #785 on October 29, 2020, 06:42:50 pm by selby »
  When Corbyn was the leader Tom Watson wrote  an open letter on the subject and organised a meeting in support of MP's outside the House of Commons in support of the Jewish members of the Labour Party.
  Only one member of the Labour Party front bench attended the protest,  Tom Watson himself, Stabber was nowhere to be seen, probably on a trip to Brussels to see his conniving mates, but certainly keeping his head down so Jeremy didn't see him.
  Now front and centre, making a show of false tears.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #786 on October 29, 2020, 06:45:11 pm by bpoolrover »
You can’t say that selby bang out of order using the Jewish community to bash the lefties

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #787 on October 29, 2020, 06:51:21 pm by DonnyOsmond »
You can’t say that selby bang out of order using the Jewish community to bash the lefties

He'll be really angry when he hears about the politician who called people "bum boys", "letterboxes", and "picaninnies with watermelon smiles".

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #788 on October 29, 2020, 06:56:27 pm by bpoolrover »
Anyway as kier says it’s a shameful day for the Labour Party

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #789 on October 29, 2020, 06:59:03 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Anyway as kier says it’s a shameful day for the Labour Party

Thought you'd move on quick from my post.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #790 on October 29, 2020, 07:16:11 pm by MachoMadness »
I don't think I've seen Bpool ever post so much. You'd almost think he doesn't actually care about Jewish people at all and is happy to use them to bash the lefties.
and going off your way of thinking anyone  who has a go at the tories for the way they have handled Covid can’t actually care about the people with Covid there just using it to bash the goverment!
Not really. I don't think anyone on here is gleeful about 60,000 dead people. You seem delighted that anti-Semitism exists because it gives you a chance to bash the left. It's not even subtle with you.

Yeah, the left has a problem with anti-Semitism, and a larger problem with people who don't see it (which is probably the category Corbyn falls into), or who don't think it's a problem. That's a sad thing, not something to jump up and down with joy about. I don't take pleasure in the fact that the Tory party has a problem with islamophobia and racism in general, because it makes us all worse off. Interestingly though, I never see you comment on those issues. Must have missed it. After all, you do care about "all people".

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #791 on October 29, 2020, 07:58:35 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm not sure bringing up how had the other party have acted on things excuses a pretty bad failing does it?

Starmer's actions today are strong as are his words but where was he 12 months ago? Pretty silent. He seems to have a knack of changing tune to suit the way the wind is blowing.

It's a taint on Corbyn. I genuinely doubt he's anti semetic he's just naive and I do to some extent think that he indirectly caused anti semitism in his party to increase and that's sad.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #792 on October 29, 2020, 08:02:49 pm by Janso »

Probably something to do with the fact that they're the government, that people are having a go at them for how they've handled the virus...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #793 on October 29, 2020, 08:05:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'm not sure bringing up how had the other party have acted on things excuses a pretty bad failing does it?

Starmer's actions today are strong as are his words but where was he 12 months ago? Pretty silent. He seems to have a knack of changing tune to suit the way the wind is blowing.

It's a taint on Corbyn. I genuinely doubt he's anti semetic he's just naive and I do to some extent think that he indirectly caused anti semitism in his party to increase and that's sad.

No one's excusing it. We're just highlighting people like Blackpool's hypocrisy.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #794 on October 29, 2020, 08:08:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »

No one's excusing it. We're just highlighting people like Blackpool's hypocrisy.

f**k me sideways!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #795 on October 29, 2020, 08:12:22 pm by SydneyRover »

Waiting for the inquiry to bring down it's findings bfyp, not inreasonable?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #796 on October 29, 2020, 08:20:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »

f**k me sideways!

What's your problem?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #797 on October 29, 2020, 08:32:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I try not to get involved in the shite that spouted on this forum much these days, but now and again when the bullshit goes over the scale of tolerance I feel obliged to react. Until I raise my tolerance level even more I guess you can say that's my problem.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #798 on October 29, 2020, 08:33:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I try not to get involved in the shite that spouted on this forum much these days, but now and again when the bullshit goes over the scale of tolerance I feel obliged to react. Until I raise my tolerance level even more I guess you can say that's my problem.

So what's the issue with my post please? I'm saying there's an issue with anti-semitism but there also is in other parties and I want Blackpool to accept that as he's the one spouting off the most.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #799 on October 29, 2020, 08:48:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The problem is there are half a dozen posters on this forum who have spent the last few years posting link after link of anything anti-government they can find and if anyone puts a link on decrying the Labour party someone claims it is hypocrisy!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #800 on October 29, 2020, 08:50:12 pm by SydneyRover »
I suppose it depend on the case some people will argue till the cows come home and never say anything about the tories

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #801 on October 29, 2020, 08:54:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »
f**k me sideways!

• VSC Member
« Reply #802 on October 29, 2020, 09:00:32 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Waiting for the inquiry to bring down it's findings bfyp, not inreasonable?

My point is not what he's done since being elected leader but what he did aa a frontbench member under Corbyn which wasn't that much.  I'm probably being a bit harsh, had he said more he'd have been out (hello Tom watson).

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #803 on October 29, 2020, 09:08:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Ever heard of the concept of keeping your powder dry?.

What could Starter possibly have done to help eradicate the anti-Semitism problem for Labour, when the party was so tightly controlled by Corbyn and the 4Ms?

What he COULD have done, had he provoked a slanging match with Corbyn, is to have made himself unelectable in the eyes of the Labour membership.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #804 on October 29, 2020, 09:20:59 pm by drfchound »
Starmer could have been true to himself and voiced an opinion.
If it is as bad as has been suggested then perhaps he would have been supported by others who were against it.
Did Starmer put his ambitions ahead of anything else.

• VSC Member
« Reply #805 on October 29, 2020, 09:23:53 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

What could Starter possibly have done to help eradicate the anti-Semitism problem for Labour, when the party was so tightly controlled by Corbyn and the 4Ms?

What he COULD have done, had he provoked a slanging match with Corbyn, is to have made himself unelectable in the eyes of the Labour membership.

I take it you didn't read my other post?

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #806 on October 29, 2020, 09:30:11 pm by BigH »
Today was classic Corbyn. Hey, there's this really big issue out there but let's ignore that and talk about me. He knows that he let antisemitism loose in the Labour Party through his inept leadership. He just can't face up to the consequences.

In some ways Corbyn has an ego as big as Trump. But in those press interviews he looked like what he is; a pathetic, sad old man who's had his day. The pile on by McCluskey and McDonnell was pathetic too. Like a bunch of grouches in an old folks home.

As far as I'm concerned it should be good riddance and farewell to someone that has singlehandedly done more to keep the Conservatives in power over the past five years than any other politician in the land.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 09:43:30 pm by BigH »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #807 on October 29, 2020, 09:40:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If it is as bad as has been suggested then perhaps he would have been supported by others who were against it.
Or his ambition to sort out the unelectable shambles that the Labour party had become by 2019?

If Starmer were in it for Starmer, he could have had a far less stressful and richer life as a QC.

But yeah. I know. They are all in it for what they can get.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #808 on October 29, 2020, 09:42:32 pm by drfchound »

Or his ambition to sort out the unelectable shambles that the Labour party had become by 2019?

If Starmer were in it for Starmer, he could have had a far less stressful and richer life as a QC.

But yeah. I know. They are all in it for what they can get.

That is exactly what I keep reading on this forum.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #809 on October 29, 2020, 09:45:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No BFYP, I hadn't seen your later post when I replied to you. Agreed.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012