Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:44:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Meeting between DRFC and SYPTE  (Read 4214 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Meeting between DRFC and SYPTE
« on August 02, 2012, 05:57:14 pm by silent majority »
I've just returned from a meeting held at the Keepmoat where we all got the chance to put forward the views and opinions of DRFC supporters that came out of the 'In Rovers We Trust' survey.

There were some great suggestions on how to improve the match day transport situation but the biggest gripe was about buses leaving the stadium before the final whistle. We had quite a frank discussion on the current situation, the frequency of the service and how we can improve it.

We have a plan to move this forward and to create a service that suits our supporters. The only problem is that paperwork and other red tape items means that we can't do this overnight, but both Gavin and Shaun are committed to resolving this as quickly as possible. When we can confirm the actual date of the change we will do, ideally we expect to have buses waiting until the final whistle and then leaving once they are full. Updates to follow in a few weeks.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Meeting between DRFC and SYPTE
« Reply #1 on August 02, 2012, 06:16:36 pm by DearneValleyRover »
It makes perfect sense and is what happens after race meetings. Buses queue and only leave when full.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 02, 2012, 06:44:08 pm by silent majority »
It makes perfect sense and is what happens after race meetings. Buses queue and only leave when full.

Would you believe I learnt more in an hour earlier today about how buses operate than at any time in the previous 30 years or so!

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 02, 2012, 06:54:35 pm by Red wizard »
You would of though that first main line would of had buses there doing this already. They are moaning they don't make much money and this is a sure way to fill buses.

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 02, 2012, 07:49:19 pm by mattco »
Good work guys.  A reliable and frequent bus service to and from KM on match days has to help with attendance.  Surely SY buses see the sense in it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 02, 2012, 09:01:17 pm by silent majority »
You would of though that first main line would of had buses there doing this already. They are moaning they don't make much money and this is a sure way to fill buses.

You would have thought so wouldn't you, but the bus service attracted a lot of criticism in our survey so we had to look at it, and we are doing. We meaning the VSC and DRFC!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 02, 2012, 09:32:38 pm by DearneValleyRover »
One problem though is out of SYPTE hands and that is the shocking road network around the stadium. If there was a bespoke bus lane letting buses leave without the long wait in queues of car traffic then more would use them unfortunately the roads around don't allow for that.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 02, 2012, 09:38:57 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I seem to remember on matchdays the original idea was to make it into a one way circuit, not that that would help with all the roadworks

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 02, 2012, 09:41:52 pm by silent majority »
I seem to remember on matchdays the original idea was to make it into a one way circuit, not that that would help with all the roadworks

Yes I remember that too, the same as the park and ride which was abandoned as well.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 02, 2012, 09:43:37 pm by newyankee »
 Hey Silent Majority, did you here about the kid from Thorne who stole a bus and got picked up in Thurnscoe, because that's where it said it was going on the front.  It turned out he didn't know the way to Thorne anyway!!!!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 02, 2012, 09:54:49 pm by Dagenham Rover »
How long did the park and ride actually last? 
I'm not so sure the one way scheme lasted one match, mainly cos the police that were supposed to be running it all ran off home having earned their overtime, in fact the odd occasion (bigger games) the police have controlled traffic coming off the various unofficial car parks its all run a lot better...........now theres an idea instead of wasting police resources like horses and stuff for friendlys against the Owls why not make them do a bit of traffic control.

Oh and while I'm at it whats with the gorillas wandering round with stewards jackets on they don't make anyone feel safer if anything the opposite .......some appeared to be the ones hired in on the last game or so last season that were just dressed in black (bouncers) and NOT wearing BSIA badges which is probably illegal

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 03, 2012, 12:43:38 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Call me old fashioned but is SYPTE a service provider? Surely if there's a market for your services then you provide it, not avoid it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 03, 2012, 12:45:27 am by silent majority »
Call me old fashioned but is SYPTE a service provider? Surely if there's a market for your services then you provide it, not avoid it.

Baz, if only life was that simple! But the fact is we have the documented evidence and the numbers taken form the 'IRWT' survey to support our argument.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 03, 2012, 07:04:40 am by godlike1 »
Hi baz, since the de-regulation many moons ago sypte are no longer the service provider that is now first bus or stagecoach etc etc. there main priority is profit and has been for many years. Sypte like others in the country subsides routes to the less profitable areas and provide money for free services like the free bees in Sheffield and Rotherham to encourage people to shop local and use there public transport rather than drive. Etc I don't understand all we do (but it is alot)as I'm mostly involved in the facilities side where we look after the main interchanges and park and ride sites.

Martin

Thanks for your pm earlier this week I appreciate it esp the updates on the forum about copps, spurr, Bennett etc. did the people you and the club see from my side helpful? They normally are to be fair

Keep up the good work, hopefully we will have some signings today to give a better feeling of optimism rather than a fire sale :-) rtid!!!!!!!!!

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 03, 2012, 09:37:55 am by timdrfc »
We have a stadium adjacent to the motorway so should be no problem when the dual carriageway is finished for buses & cars.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 03, 2012, 09:41:10 am by Filo »
We have a stadium adjacent to the motorway so should be no problem when the dual carriageway is finished for buses & cars.

Well, I`ve heard that the roundabouts they are taking out, are going to be replaced by Traffic lights, Traffic lights = road congestion, you only have to look at the road around the Hub to see how traffic lights snarl up roads!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 03, 2012, 09:54:18 am by silent majority »

Well, I`ve heard that the roundabouts they are taking out, are going to be replaced by Traffic lights, Traffic lights = road congestion, you only have to look at the road around the Hub to see how traffic lights snarl up roads!

Even more interesting is that when the dual carriageway is complete they are installing a park & ride adjacent, that would be good for match days.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 03, 2012, 01:34:54 pm by godlike1 »
HI Martin

Is that the one next to the new Morrisons as part of the planning consent being built behind B&Q? Could be abit far to walk although there would be 2 pubs on the way.  I had forgotten about that, even though I had some involvement in it

In case you weren't told I can say that will be free to park because (unless things have changed since my last involvement) we decided against Installing barriers and ticket machines

What I don't know is whether the bus route will go via the stadium but would obviously make sense if it did, however I've no influence over that

Im not sure though if the one mentioned is another p&r scheme in addition to the one i've been talking about or instead of

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 03, 2012, 02:36:33 pm by silent majority »
I'm not sure of its exact position so you could be right. I just thought how ideal it would be for home and away fans, straight off the motorway, park up and jump on a bus. I'm sure we can solve any other problems.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012