Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:33:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the M.K.Dons game  (Read 6552 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the M.K.Dons game
« Reply #30 on March 07, 2020, 04:57:51 pm by PDX_Rover »
Good win that. Still in it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 07, 2020, 04:59:47 pm by adamtherover »
5pts behind 4th with a game in hand!!   The season is back on!!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 07, 2020, 05:02:17 pm by drfchound »
5pts behind 4th with a game in hand!!   The season is back on!!

Don't  forget that Portsmouth, Fleetwood and Wycombe are five points in front of us and they also have a game in hand.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 07, 2020, 05:08:42 pm by PDX_Rover »
Anything can happen though!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 07, 2020, 05:11:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Can't do anymore than win each game.

Not so easy at this time of the season, ask Rotherham, Sunderland, and Portsmouth.

No pressure on us!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 07, 2020, 05:12:27 pm by drfchound »
Today was a decent day for us.
Of the teams above us, only Peterbro and Coventry won (and we wont be catching Coventry).
Good that Peterbro won as well because they beat Portsmouth who have played the same number of games as us.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 07, 2020, 05:13:00 pm by steve@dcfd »
All we can do is keep winning Okenabirhie and James back available in the squad next week. We have a strong bench now so what ever team is selected we have players to come on and make a difference.

We will need 22 pts a least from 10 games to be competitive in the playoffs with 7/8 teams fighting for the playoffs.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 05:16:45 pm by steve@dcfd »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 07, 2020, 05:15:02 pm by IDM »
The 5 teams above us all have 59 points, and the next has 60.  Not every team will accumulate points at the same rate, so we are very much still in it..

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 07, 2020, 05:20:56 pm by StocksArmy »
For the umpteenth time we didnt show up until the 2nd half and was very lucky to go in level. I feel the team reflects DM's personality, very laid back. How weve come out of that with all 3pts is down to the introduction of Taylor and a big slice of luck on a few occasions. Sheaf thinks hes Pirlo and nobody should have the right to tackle him or intercept his multiple hospital balls. We have the squad to really get at teams from the off and the manager needs to realise this.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 07, 2020, 05:21:23 pm by PDX_Rover »
Have to say... Danny Amos looks a right player. Taylor was great today. Fantastic second half.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 07, 2020, 05:38:55 pm by drfchound »
Having a left back in the left back position was always going to make a difference for the better.
Will Taylor start next week?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 07, 2020, 05:44:57 pm by bpoolrover »
Great win today I’ve thought that we should attack teams more often as we look far better rather than just playing on the counter attack

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 07, 2020, 05:46:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Excellent second half. Really stepped up there.

Beerseller

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 07, 2020, 06:51:07 pm by Beerseller »
The MK Dons commentary team thought we were well worth the points and also said that if we made the play offs we’d be hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 07, 2020, 07:18:18 pm by NewDonny »
For the umpteenth time we didnt show up until the 2nd half and was very lucky to go in level. I feel the team reflects DM's personality, very laid back. How weve come out of that with all 3pts is down to the introduction of Taylor and a big slice of luck on a few occasions. Sheaf thinks hes Pirlo and nobody should have the right to tackle him or intercept his multiple hospital balls. We have the squad to really get at teams from the off and the manager needs to realise this.

Although horrible to watch, we showed up ok in the first half but the manager had us sitting deeply treating MK Dons like they are Barcelona. Ridiculous tactics that I am not sure changed because the manager wanted them to or because the players saw what was happening and started to press them higher up the pitch.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 07, 2020, 08:47:59 pm by selby »
  This game has got to go down as  a good battling win when we were not at our best, again the type of game we were coming out the wrong side of the result earlier in the season.
  Not a classic football game by any stretch of the imagination, especially in the first half when we could have quite easily shipped a couple of goals, Dieng making a couple of good saves, and them snatching at a couple of good chances, Ennis and Ramsey finding it hard to make an impression on the game.
  With Dieng our standout players were our back four defenders, who to a man played well, Amos and Halliday playing well defending and going forward, and the two centre halves both having great games.
  Whiteman did nothing wrong, but also didn't effect the game a lot as he usually does looked to organise and break up their game, so did his job.
 Ramsey until scoring a great goal arriving in the box at pace for the cross from Taylor, whose pace and directness changed the game significantly, looked lost at times with the game passing him by.
  Up to that point Sadlier looked the best bet to break the deadlock, with Cole working hard and having the odd run living off very little support, but working hard putting the defenders under pressure.
  Not classic football Sheaf working hard, getting tackles in and pressurising the ball in midfield, being our player most in the game,  especially in the first half when we didn't have an outlet up front, and others could not get in the game.
   Another three points, that is all that matters, find a way to win , we did and that is all that counts.

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on March 07, 2020, 09:05:34 pm by gillinghamrover »
First half was bilge..... second half turned up and got the result. Deing needs to realise he cannot play out from the back every single time, almost cost us on numerous occasions, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a thump up field now and then, which eventually he did, about twice.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 07, 2020, 09:06:36 pm by the vicar »
if we was playing a better team today we would more than likely have been 3-0 down at half time but saying that it was a much better performance second half

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 07, 2020, 09:12:02 pm by drfchound »
if we was playing a better team today we would more than likely have been 3-0 down at half time but saying that it was a much better performance second half

We have just beaten a team high on confidence that has won six of their last seven home league games.
Give the team some credit.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 07, 2020, 09:15:15 pm by Campsall rover »
2nd half we could have had 3 goals.
Taylor made the difference with his pace.

You need to find a way to win and that’s what we did.  3 points.  :woohoo:

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 07, 2020, 09:31:47 pm by gillinghamrover »
First half was bilge..... second half turned up and got the result. Deing needs to realise he cannot play out from the back every single time, almost cost us on numerous occasions, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a thump up field now and then, which eventually he did, about twice.

Forgot to mention, a win is a win! Onwards and upwards

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 07, 2020, 09:41:44 pm by Donnywolf »

Absolutely  :that:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on March 07, 2020, 09:54:17 pm by Donnywolf »
... and I will have my fav bet as well

rovers to be leading at ht and losing at ft - and vice versa

Both 33 to 1 at a quid a pop

So now I want MKD to be leading at HT and Rovers to win at FT for 33 quid and 25 for the other part

3 Points for Rovers - no Pounds for me lol

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on March 07, 2020, 10:19:10 pm by the vicar »

We have just beaten a team high on confidence that has won six of their last seven home league games.
Give the team some credit.
I am hound I was just saying we was not good first half but defended well but on another day another team would have scored 3 in that half, second half we. Was much better and deserved the win. No matter how you gloss the first half, it was not very goox

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 07, 2020, 10:30:15 pm by NewDonny »
The team is fine but the tactics were all wrong which is what the problem was in that first half.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on March 07, 2020, 10:33:11 pm by idler »
Were you there ND as you usually see far more at a ground than just on a screen?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 07, 2020, 11:05:21 pm by the vicar »
The team is fine but the tactics were all wrong which is what the problem was in that first half.
wrong tactics has nothing to do with could not put 2 passes together first half

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on March 07, 2020, 11:15:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not very often I'd give MoM to someone who only played 1/3rd of a game, but Taylor was phenomenal today.

I was thinking what an excellent old pro Lewington was. He'd had Sadlier in his pocket most of the first hour and to be fair, not many left backs have done that this season.

Then Taylor came on, and Lewington suddenly looked every one of his 58 years.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 07, 2020, 11:16:40 pm by RoversAlias »

But in the second half Taylor was brought on and we improved enough to win the game. I wasn't there and presume you were today ND so I won't disagree with your assessment of the play but I think it's a little unfair to suggest that the players made adjustments themselves and the manager is only responsible for the poor initial tactics.

He made the change which affected the game to the effect of us winning. Credit should go to Darren just as the criticism of wrong tactics initially is also fair.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 07, 2020, 11:23:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
PS.

For the avoidance of doubt, I DON'T actually think Ray Lewington is 58.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012