Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:51:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the M.K.Dons game  (Read 6548 times)

NewDonny

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the M.K.Dons game
« Reply #60 on March 07, 2020, 11:59:09 pm by NewDonny »
Were you there ND as you usually see far more at a ground than just on a screen?

Yes I was there, we let them have the ball and play, instead of letting our players play their game we just sat off them and defended. Talk of Lewington having Sadlier in his pocket is laughable as it was Sadlier marking him and pressing him and pushing him back because of the way we played, our wingers were being forced to track back and defend for the first 60 minutes. When your entire team is sitting off a side, playing deep and chasing down the opposition, its then extremely difficult to then then launch a counter attack of any substance - your legs feel like jelly from constant tracking and running and because we are sat so deep what attacks we did have, the player on the ball didn't have many options around him for a pass.

Honestly some people on here need to learn how to watch and read a game lol, its not all about goals, assists, lots and lots of running and strong tackling. Like players, managers get it wrong as well and DM got his tactics all wrong in the first half today, we made them look like World club champions today for that first hour because we backed right off them and gave them far too much respect and as BST has said, any opposition side with its shooting boots on today could have gone in 2 or 3 up at half time.

Thankfully Taylor was the spark that we needed to ignite us and I thought he got us playing and at the end we deserved our 0-1 win and all the points.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 12:08:54 am by NewDonny »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on March 08, 2020, 01:50:31 am by Colin C No.3 »
Ray Lewington born born 2nd February 1962.

His Grandfather played for Woolwich Arsenal in goal at the ripe old age of 72.

Your turn BST.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 08, 2020, 02:04:27 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Ray Lewington born born 2nd February 1962.

His Grandfather played for Woolwich Arsenal in goal at the ripe old age of 72.

Your turn BST.

Colin.

I'd love to be able to claim that that one was deliberate. But it wasn't. So I can't.

You've just made me smile broadly. After an evening of wondering what the f**k the internet was about. So thank you for that. 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on March 08, 2020, 07:12:57 am by Donnywolf »
He reminds me of Ray Parlour with a noticeably different hair colouring !

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 08, 2020, 09:42:32 am by idler »
Dean Lewington born May 1984. Younger than Copps so barring injuries could go on to make far more appearances.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 08, 2020, 06:38:45 pm by sheffield exile1 »
"Thankfully Taylor was the spark that we needed to ignite us and I thought he got us playing and at the end we deserved our 0-1 win and all the points."
Spot on ND. We lacked any sparkle before that. I was expecting Copps coming on as per Bristol Rovers and doing similar, but no sign of the wee man. This concerns me as to how much he features in DM's plans 2020-21. Why Taylor was not on from the start I cannot fathom, and I can't see Ennis gelling with Cole, hence the substitution.
Regarding Cole I really hope he is just finding his feet, as he has yet to ignite any spark to me, but hey, he needs a chance to bed in. Surreal atmosphere with 7/8th of the ground empty (similar to Darlo) but a lovely stadium in every way down to all seats padded for example.
Overall we are making progress under DM often sporadically but still progress considering the mess Snake left us in.
Final high of the day shaking hands with Kieren and Alex Baptiste on MK railway station!   

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on March 08, 2020, 07:56:55 pm by selby »
  Shaking hands SE, I hope they don't get the bug buddy, or yourself.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 08, 2020, 08:12:58 pm by sheffield exile1 »
  Shaking hands SE, I hope they don't get the bug buddy, or yourself.

Never thought of that Selby- just an automatic reaction. Sure we are going to be ok, and wouldn't have missed it as its great to see them up close as opposed to afar on the field.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on March 09, 2020, 10:42:02 am by selby »
 A great enjoyable moment SE, I meant it as a bit of a joke, but hey things are getting serious, probably to be thought about by everyone for a little while.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012