Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:34:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the MK Dons match  (Read 6515 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the MK Dons match
« on September 09, 2020, 08:52:04 am by selby »
  The first game of the league fixtures and the first time spectators have not been allowed to attend in the games history, and with the present situation things do not look like resolving the matter any time soon which is a worry in itself.
  Resolving the problem has involved some of the great minds in medical science, and looks like it has them stumped unfortunately, so whether the season ever has fans in attendance is not that certain, and will do the game no good at all.
  At least an effort is being made but my gut feeling the standing of football is maybe going to become a political football in the weeks to come as far as fans are concerned.
  On to the game the Dons like ourselves have gone about their team building quietly, but last night had a great result against an in form Northampton with mostly their strongest side being fielded.
  Lewington is still plying his trade and could be on Copps Christmas card list, Houghton also still at the heart of their defensive mid field.
  Kasumu, Sorinola, and Freeman who came on at 70 minutes were the stand out players in reports, and Russell Martin looks to have built a resolute decent side who will test us.
  I think it is fair to say that most Rovers fans are quite happy that we have done all we can as  a club to build a competitive side on limited resources which with things as they stand and guessing the future could prove a much better proposition than the clubs that have pushed the boat out and gambled on  the season will get back to normal quickly.
  It's great to see such a young side being put together, and such as Jones taking his chance with both hands and gaining the confidence of our fans that if called on he is good enough which is a big step for a young player especially a keeper.
  All the other newcomers look exciting, and are here to gain experience and also make their mark in the game and time together could make us a decent side, the two loan signings who are about to come rounding off our build up for now.
  All this puts a lot on the shoulders of our more experienced players such as Copps and Taylor Wright and Anderson and the management to bring the enthusiasm younger players have together to form a cohesive unit.
  The news that two loan players of substance are about to join us makes guessing who will start on Saturday a lottery, although I expect  most of the side that played last night being involved, but Jones the hero of the night to miss out although the lad can be very pleased with his debut which was faultless, and puts me in mind of my youth when we had Gregg and Hardwick two of the best in the country fighting it out for a starting place.
  So down to business and your part in this discussion.
    What side would you pick?
    Are you happy with our signings this season?
    I see MK Dons as a hard test in our first game, do You?
    What Formation do you prefer us to play?
    Will you be logging on ifollow to watch the game?
    Do you think supporters will be allowed back as soon as has been expected, or will be put back even longer due to present circumstances.
     Please have your say on the game, and how you feel the club have conducted business leading up to the game,  stay safe and I wish you all a happy and enjoyable new season watching the Rovers however we do it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the MK Dons match
« Reply #1 on September 09, 2020, 09:00:35 am by IDM »
Any side will be tough opposition so early in the season.  We won’t know how they will play, and we probably won’t know how we will play either.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Copps play the full 90 last night, so would he be rested so soon in the season.?  I would think not - he and Whiteman  are needed to lead the younger players as a team.

I liked the look of Richards and I thought it was harsh to bring him off, so I expect he will start.

Will Amos play LB.?  John did OK but it’s not his position.  I like Gomes but I can see him being sacrificed for one of the new loanee forwards.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 09:06:32 am by IDM »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 09, 2020, 09:04:54 am by selby »
  Reports are saying that Amos was substituted off injured in the international last night so may not be available IDM.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 09, 2020, 09:07:26 am by IDM »
Fair enough, I hadn’t seen that.. maybe James will be available.?  If not, it’s John’s position again.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 09, 2020, 10:37:30 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Could be the same starting XI as last night if James doesn't recover.

Until the two new loanees show their worth it looks like being a formation with Fejiri up top supported by Copps and Taylor, which means scoring goals could be more difficult.

Until Fejiri is accompanied by at least one other goalscorer we might struggle.

I preferred the 4 2 1 3 formation with Whiteman and Sheaf as the anchors, Copp's in the hole then Fejiri up to with Sadlier, Ennis etc.

I would like to see Whiteman and Richards as the 2, Copps in the hole then Fejiri with perhaps Tulloch, Tyrees or maybe Lokilo or Taylor. The front three ideally need to be goalscorers who can interchange, all be capable of getting on the end of things, be prepared to go wide etc. Nightmare for defenders.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 09, 2020, 10:52:16 am by DearneValleyRover »
I think Lokilo will start but not sure for who. I think we just need to up the pace a little from last night and we will see some of those chances converted.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 09, 2020, 06:07:38 pm by selby »
The Dons have today signed Scott Fraser from Burton Albion a player their manager describes as one of the best players they came up against last season in midfield, so could be one to watch if he is in the squad this coming weekend.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 09, 2020, 06:13:19 pm by Filo »
The Dons have today signed Scott Fraser from Burton Albion a player their manager describes as one of the best players they came up against last season in midfield, so could be one to watch if he is in the squad this coming weekend.

He’s hardly going to say he’s shit thats why we signed him, is he? 😂😂

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 09, 2020, 07:00:09 pm by NickDRFC »
I think Lokilo will start but not sure for who. I think we just need to up the pace a little from last night and we will see some of those chances converted.

Call it a hunch but I reckon he’ll start for Rovers.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 09, 2020, 07:40:53 pm by Alan Southstand »
I think the Stoke lad will be back in goal and our normal back 4 could well start the game. The big question is who partners Ben at the base of midfield, probably Richards. The front 4 could spring some surprises, as we don’t know yet whether Tulloch is joining. If he does, I think he’ll start on the left, Taylor on the right and I wonder if the Arsenal lad will start, behind Fej.

Bench of Jones, Copps, John, Gomes, Williams, Lokilo and maybe Butler?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 09, 2020, 07:53:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Scott Fraser is quality tbf.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 10, 2020, 05:34:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good to see DM smiling in his prematch interview.

Is he the cat who knows he's got the cream!?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 10, 2020, 05:44:10 pm by Janso »
Mrs Moore might have let him up the dirt track last night, who knows.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 10, 2020, 05:45:46 pm by Alan Southstand »
I thought we might have a bit more news today, but it’s very quiet.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 10, 2020, 05:51:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I thought we might have a bit more news today, but it’s very quiet.

He doesn't want to say anything that might alert the opposition!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 10, 2020, 05:54:29 pm by Alan Southstand »
Does that mean DM does have the news, but he’s not sharing with us..............yet!

;)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 10, 2020, 06:05:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Hoping DM's full interview will be on Football Heaven in the next hour.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 10, 2020, 08:13:40 pm by the vicar »
I think we will win this, but edge on the side of caution, as no one knows anything about anyone else at this time.  I will go for a 2-0/3-0 win

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 11, 2020, 10:00:57 am by selby »
  I am not into predictions unless my always win one on BB's competition which is fun knowing it will not happen, but interesting how many other competitors I get more right than.
  The first few games are notorious for throwing teams up that shoot off brilliantly, and other teams that start really poorly when fancied to do really well, the odd ones carrying on through the season but mostly the real runners and riders are there or there about and build up consistency or lack of after a couple weeks.
  So as ever hoping for a win and away to a good start but expecting nothing and mostly wanting a good performance that we can build on with a team performance that shows we have some potential.
   Stay safe folks, and I hope to see you soon in better circumstances.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 11, 2020, 10:29:15 am by roversdude »
The ref could well ruin this game just seen it’s our old friend Andy Haines

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 11, 2020, 11:22:20 am by sha66y »
3-1 because we are " the Rovers"...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 11, 2020, 12:43:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Does that mean DM does have the news, but he’s not sharing with us..............yet!

;)

Crafty bugger eh!?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 11, 2020, 04:17:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Really difficult to predict the starting XI tomorrow but here goes.

Bursik
Halliday, Wright, Anderson, John (only because James has just recovered from injury}
Whiteman, Richards,
Copps
Taylor, Fejiri, John-Jules.

Bench
Jones, James, Gomes, Williams, Tulloch, Lokilo, Amos, Hasani.

Not even sure how many subs we can have?

Throw caution to the wind, we're at home. Go for it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 11, 2020, 04:34:14 pm by Campsall rover »
Really difficult to predict the starting XI tomorrow but here goes.

Bursik
Halliday, Wright, Anderson, John (only because James has just recovered from injury}
Whiteman, Richards,
Copps
Taylor, Fejiri, John-Jules.

Bench
Jones, James, Gomes, Williams, Tulloch, Lokilo, Amos, Hasani.

Not even sure how many subs we can have?

Throw caution to the wind, we're at home. Go for it.
I think it’s 3 subs from 7 on the bench. Back to how it was before DBR.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 11, 2020, 05:54:16 pm by scawsby steve »
If he's fit, I'd definitely start with Tulloch.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 11, 2020, 08:06:37 pm by Metalmicky »

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 12, 2020, 12:09:10 am by Guernsey Exile »
I think Butler will start

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 12, 2020, 08:02:42 am by since-1969 »

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 12, 2020, 09:42:46 am by Guernsey Exile »
I just have a feeling he will. We have a very young squad and I think DM will want some experience in there.

Thats all

TinyPortal © 2005-2012