Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:45:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Charlton Athletic game  (Read 8220 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Charlton Athletic game
« Reply #30 on September 16, 2020, 02:13:47 pm by Campsall rover »
Don’t see 1,000 home fans in a stadium that holds 27/28,000 is going to make much difference anyway.
As Alias says we might have 5,000 of our fans at Keepmoat when we play them at home. Fingers crossed.
Let’s just get on with it and win more football matches than we lose.
Preferably 3 times as many.  :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 16, 2020, 02:32:22 pm by Chris Black come back »
We don’t though know what the arrangements will be for future games but the likelihood is given when the home game vs Charlton takes place is that we are far more likely to have some away fans in at Keepmoat, than at The Valley. Hence over the two games they have an advantage we did not have.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 16, 2020, 02:56:03 pm by Campsall rover »
We don’t though know what the arrangements will be for future games but the likelihood is given when the home game vs Charlton takes place is that we are far more likely to have some away fans in at Keepmoat, than at The Valley. Hence over the two games they have an advantage we did not have.
That’s just the way the land lies. Nothing we can do about that. We shouldn’t be using that as any excuse at all imo.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 16, 2020, 04:11:24 pm by selby »
As far as I am aware there are no plans for any away fans in attendance at all this season up to press.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 16, 2020, 04:19:40 pm by rover-n-out »
After the way we outplayed them at the Valley in the play off's, there's no way the Charlton fans should regard us as "little old Donny".

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 16, 2020, 04:48:15 pm by since-1969 »
Good points raised there Selby - do we know at what point Rovers start to get income from iFollow at away games ?
That would be a bonus at the minute , at the expense of the season ticket holders who have paid more than a Tenner a game .

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 16, 2020, 04:51:36 pm by Pancho Regan »
After the way we outplayed them at the Valley in the play off's, there's no way the Charlton fans should regard us as "little old Donny".

Exactly.
I don't think we need to show them we're the 'real deal' either.
I think they know that, we had them s******g themselves in that second leg.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 16, 2020, 05:00:54 pm by dknward2 »
Hopefully we can get in front early on get the 1000 fans on their players back

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 16, 2020, 05:49:05 pm by Chris Black come back »
As far as I am aware there are no plans for any away fans in attendance at all this season up to press.

We are playing them at the Keepmoat on 2 April. You would hope that in over six months’ time they have found a way to incorporate some away fans into stadiums.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 16, 2020, 06:06:28 pm by Janso »
Good points raised there Selby - do we know at what point Rovers start to get income from iFollow at away games ?
That would be a bonus at the minute , at the expense of the season ticket holders who have paid more than a Tenner a game .

Jesus, nobody held you at gunpoint and forced you to buy a season ticket, the current circumstances are hardly the fault of the club are they? what exactly is it that you want?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 16, 2020, 06:32:00 pm by drfchound »
The only gulf between the Premiership and League one is in the money the players are paid but not the overall difference in performance ...witness Arsenal 1 v Rovers 0 ..including Alexi Sanchez and Giroud on one side and Alfie May and Copps on the other .

I think that the performance and quality of PL players is considerable higher that that of L1 players grainge.
The gulf in class is significant.
Nine times out of ten, and probably more, the PL team would win and win with ease.
Another example could be Man City 9 Burton Albion 0.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 16, 2020, 06:48:21 pm by scawsby steve »
I fear an absolute trouncing, but I'm a half empty glass guy by nature.

I desperately want to be proved ridiculously wrong.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on September 16, 2020, 08:58:07 pm by since-1969 »

Jesus, nobody held you at gunpoint and forced you to buy a season ticket, the current circumstances are hardly the fault of the club are they? what exactly is it that you want?
I bought like many when COVID-19 was a Chinese problem not a worldwide epidemic!! ... how many bought after the lock down ?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 16, 2020, 09:06:16 pm by Janso »

I bought like many when COVID-19 was a Chinese problem not a worldwide epidemic!! ... how many bought after the lock down ?

Tell us then, how is it the club's fault and what exactly are you expecting to be done? :laugh:

Get a grip and grow up.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 16, 2020, 09:22:19 pm by scawsby steve »

Me.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 16, 2020, 09:47:20 pm by Campsall rover »
I fear an absolute trouncing, but I'm a half empty glass guy by nature.

I desperately want to be proved ridiculously wrong.
I think you will be proved wrong. Will be very shocked if we get trounced.
Think it will be a very tight game. Could go either way by a 1 goal margin. But I am shocking at predicting score lines.

So that’s 5-0 to Rovers then.  :) :) :)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 18, 2020, 10:57:37 am by Metalmicky »
I see that QPR and Barnsley are both interested in Charlton forward Macauley Bonne........ let's hope a deal can be done today..!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on September 18, 2020, 12:58:49 pm by NickDRFC »
We’ve had pretty memorable games down at the Valley over the past few years - the play off heartbreak, the FA Cup game that season (memorable for me as I lumped on at generous odds having seen the team sheets), floodgate, I also remember thinking a 17 year old Jonjo Shelvey was going to be England’s answer to Zinedine Zidane when we beat them there on a Tuesday night in our early Championship days...

Would love us to really lay down a marker with a thumping win but would take a scrappy one as well, whilst a draw wouldn’t be the worst result. Will be interesting to see what team we put out but would like to see Okenabirhie & Copps return - I think Fej has shown a lot of promise but would really like to see him get a run of games under his belt. I can see Copps being on the bench again if Moore wants more runners in midfield but I’d rather see him start and us try and exert a bit more control from the start rather than set up to counter attack.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on September 18, 2020, 03:10:15 pm by selby »
  I think the main thing after of course the result is progress in our team building and a better understanding of their jobs and backing each other up.
  As far as individual ability and flair is concerned i think that most of those that watched ifollow would agree that there is plenty of that in the new signings, but team cohesion was a little lacking, get that right and we can be a team that can challenge.
  Hopefully we will have a good following again on the streaming channel and can get a good performance and result to encourage fans to buy passes for subsequent games.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 03:12:16 pm by selby »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 18, 2020, 07:59:06 pm by scawsby steve »
Jonny Williams, Alex Gilbey, Conor Washington, Macauley Bonne.

I'm having nightmares already.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on September 18, 2020, 08:05:27 pm by selby »
  Just names Steve, once they cross that white line they have to produce, and they are only first division players nothing at all that special or they wouldn't be plying their trade in the same division as us.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on September 18, 2020, 09:16:57 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Think we should benefit against teams who want to push up on us and leaving space for counter attacks. Looking at the players Moore has available we should be really dangerous from that situation anyway. So in some way's we should be more confident playing the better teams in the division who will push forward.

Think after a full week of training we should have a more joined up team playing tomorrow and looking at the bench last game if we're at 0-0 going into the last 20min we'll have some real quality to take advantage of any tired legs. Quietly confident for this one now!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on September 18, 2020, 09:39:25 pm by Campsall rover »

Steve anybody would have thought you were having to go and play centre back yourself tomorrow.  ;)

Just think Charlton Athletic have to worry about : Bursik, Halliday, Wright, Anderson, James, Whiteman, Gomes, Taylor, Richards, Okeniberhie, Tulloch ( if that’s the starting 11 )
Possibly also  Jones, Amos, John, Williams, Lokilo, John-Jules & COPPINGER.

Now that lot are enough to give any League 1 opposition serious nightmares.

J Williams, Gilbey, Washington & Bonne, who the heck are they?

That’s where a clever manager earns his crust. Makes his players feel a million dollars by telling them how good they are. The opposition will be sh.....g themselves. Go out and show them how good you are, play with no fear. Let them do the worrying.

Problem today is too many managers are concerned about the opposition imo. Yes you need to do the homework on them but spending too much of your time talking about the other team is such a negative.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 01:10:42 pm by Campsall rover »

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on September 19, 2020, 11:16:00 am by NickDRFC »

Steve anybody would have thought you were having to go and play centre back yourself tomorrow.  ;)

Just think Charlton Athletic have to worry about : Bursik, Halliday, Wright, Anderson, James, Whiteman, Gomes, Taylor, Richards, Okeniberhie, Tulloch ( if that’s the starting 11 )
Possibly also  Jones, Amos, John, Williams, Lokilo, John-Jules & COPPINGER.

Now that lot are enough to give any League 1 opposition serious nightmares.

J Williams, Gilbey, Washington & Bonne, who the heck are they?

That’s where a clever manager earns his crust. Makes his players feel a million dollars by telling them how good they are. The opposition will be sh.....g themselves. Go out and show them how good you are, play with no fear. Let them do the worrying.

Problem today is too may managers are concerned about the opposition imo. Yes you need to do the homework on them but spending too much of your time talking about the other team is such a negative.

Being a good motivator is important for a manager but I’d say being tactically astute is far more so. Kevin Keegan was brilliant at making his players feel on top of the world but his failings at setting them up right, adapting to the opposition etc meant he never quite made it as a top level manager. You can bet your bottom dollar that Darren Moore will know who the heck Williams, Washington etc are and will be setting the team up with specific plans for each of them.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on September 19, 2020, 12:11:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Might be risky or very profitable but I'm going for

Bursik
Halliday, Wright, Anderson, James
Whiteman, Gomes
Coppinger
Tulloch, Fejiri, John-Jules.

4213 when attacking, 4231 when defending.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on September 19, 2020, 01:00:46 pm by steve@dcfd »
DM has not used this before and it’s the dreaded three at the back.

Bursik
       Wright.      Anderson.      John
Halliday.    Whiteman.  Richards.   Amos
                           Coppinger
               Okenabrhie.    John-Jules
Jones
Butler
James
Gomes
Taylor
Lokilo
Tulloch

Richards because better passer of the ball than Gomes can drive forward with the Ball. Amos I believe better in the wing back role and good crosser. Coppinger because we haven’t got Ramsey. He may just create something but we loose the work rate of Gomes.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 01:04:18 pm by steve@dcfd »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on September 19, 2020, 01:05:21 pm by Campsall rover »
DM has not used this before and it’s the dreaded three at the back.

Bursik
       Wright.      Anderson.      John
Halliday.    Whiteman.  Richards.   Amos
                           Coppinger
               Okenabrhie.    John-Jules
Jones
Butler
James
Gomes
Taylor
Lokilo
Tulloch
Don’t like it personally. Too many nightmares from DF’s time for me.

DM might get it to work but there has been little sign so far he is keen to play that system.

Having said that we have the players now that might be comfortable playing it.
DF didn’t have the right players and still persisted with it and got us relegated.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 01:14:43 pm by Campsall rover »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on September 19, 2020, 01:30:34 pm by selby »
  According to their forum, fans have to arrive by appointment some as early as 1-30 pm with no facilities as regards food and drink etc. and do they have to go straight to their seats?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on September 19, 2020, 01:32:27 pm by dknward2 »
Liam hoden has just tweeted from there so would imagine he has been there even earlier

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 19, 2020, 04:59:53 pm by selby »
  A great result and with two great struck goals,watch the buggers go out of business now just to get the three points taken off us. Didn't see many great players in their side Steve although they had a few names I knew.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012