Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:09:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Wigan Athletic game  (Read 13089 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Wigan Athletic game
« Reply #150 on October 04, 2020, 09:40:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Raven.

I think the more telling issue is that deBruyne DOESN'T do that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on October 04, 2020, 09:47:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I like a good nutmeg on a football pitch, it spices the game up a bit.

PS. I'm here all week!  :aok:

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on October 04, 2020, 09:48:52 pm by NickDRFC »
I like a good nutmeg on a football pitch, it spices the game up a bit.

PS. I'm here all week!  :aok:

Do you just like it, or do you clove it?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on October 04, 2020, 09:53:18 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I love it, especially when it gives you more Thyme on the ball.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on October 04, 2020, 09:53:34 pm by Janso »
I guess if Du Bryne or any other top midfielder had done it people would be saying how brilliant, skillfull,confident, quality it was, but because it was L1 mediocre player it was risky and should never be done, how strange

Why can't it be both? It was a great piece of skill to get himself out of danger, but realistically it's a bit daft to be trying it where he did.

Bang on raven.
Anyway it must be stupid coz BST says so.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on October 04, 2020, 10:02:51 pm by drfchound »
I guess if Du Bryne or any other top midfielder had done it people would be saying how brilliant, skillfull,confident, quality it was, but because it was L1 mediocre player it was risky and should never be done, how strange

Why can't it be both? It was a great piece of skill to get himself out of danger, but realistically it's a bit daft to be trying it where he did.

Bang on raven.
Anyway it must be stupid coz BST says so.

Janso, that is what I said too.
Very risky but great belief in himself too.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on October 04, 2020, 10:10:24 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
on the subject  of nutmegs, i hope you will forgive me for "spicing" things up with this nutmeg from eleven years ago.

it features a certain centre half who was "past his sell by date" and Michael Owen nutmegged him and we got trash talk of Michael Owen making an International  come back.  I have never forgotten this "nutmeg"  and the trash talk the commentator came out with.    :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yU6Kt1q-ec

You never know what the future holds especially what was to become  of the the nutmegee !!

redjay might even find it funny ??
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 10:17:16 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on October 05, 2020, 10:36:00 am by wing commander »
I totally agree with Mush - we aren’t going to win every game but we can’t to just roll over like we did second half. Besides being gutless it was like it was the first time all the players had ever met.
I was purring at some of our first half play but that second half was terrible

I think that was what annoyed me most about Saturday..I have long since lost count of the games we've played well in but failed to take our chances and then concede as the opposition gain confidence.Thats just football is happens.

However it was our reaction to the goal that really irked me or total lack of it..When your at home and just a single goal up you know the last ten minutes will be like the Alamo trying to see the game out.We made it easy for them with no real reaction and they saw it out comfortably..That's what disapointed me the most.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on October 06, 2020, 04:50:47 pm by i_ateallthepies »
For me Whiteman was the catalist for the second half turnaround. He played 5 round the corner blind passes to nobody. After one or two he's got to make sure he takes his time and finds the pass. That set the tone and put us on the back foot and got more hesitant.

That needs looking at because you can't accept that sort of turnaround. When things go wrong, you:ve got to resort to getting the basics right. Doing simple things to get a foothold back in the game.

judging by the good comments Whiteman got on here in the first half and your comments above ,,,,, it's as if some team like Forest saw the first half performance and put a bid in at half time

hopefully after a rolloking he will learn from this.

I was one of those eulogising over Whiteman's performance at half time but I have previously been reluctant to go along with the opinion that he has championship (or higher) potential, for one reason alone, he doesn't have the ability to play himself out of a tight spot and make space... and that is exactly what we saw 2nd half.  Baz's comment about blind passes round the corner is precisely why I've been unconvinced as to Ben's potential.  Give him space as Wigan did in the first half and he is brilliant, but they pressed him and did a number on him 2nd half.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 04:53:26 pm by i_ateallthepies »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012