Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:31:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Portsmouth game  (Read 9237 times)

NewDonny

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Portsmouth game
« Reply #90 on October 18, 2020, 03:41:02 pm by NewDonny »
  I can remember going on their forum when we signed him.
   The main moan about him from their posters was that he added nothing to their attacking abilities although a decent full back.
  He has certainly bloody well changed since coming here.

Not sure that was ever right in the first place tbh, he is a good solid LB that gets up and down the line well linking up with whoever is in front of him.

Sorry for taking this off topic but how’s your son getting on so far this season? They’ve started better than I expected but not really looked into how Sadlier is doing.

Settling in okay, was a month behind the group in fitness when he joined. Having to adapt to a different type of football, scored 1 (pen) assisted 1 in the league so far. Also featured in the Championship league team of the week in the last game against Huddersfield so all going in the right direction.

Team not firing in first few games tbh but beginning to find their form and with that Kieran will start to settle and get on the ball more. Albeit he was benched yesterday to accommodate a tactical 4-5-1 system but will hopefully be back starting on Tuesday - they need him in the last third tbh.

RUFC should have won their last 3 games but have thrown it away in the last minutes - Birmingham drew 1-1 conceding a penalty the last minutes. Huddersfield drew 1-1 conceded an OG in extra time and yesterday, 1-0, missed a penalty which had he been on the pitch K would have taken, but ended up conceding another OG in 70 minute and then conceded another penalty in the last minutes of extra time to lose it 2-1 to Norwich.

Otherwise, a good bunch of lads, settled in well and showing what he can do.

So good to see DRFC winning and that result yesterday down there will certainly make a few people sit up and take notice. Not a fan of Portsmouth or Peterborough and love seeing them on the wrong end of a result, especially against Donny.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 04:35:24 pm by NewDonny »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on October 18, 2020, 03:55:30 pm by Campsall rover »
James is a superb player. Up there with the very best left backs we've had.

But Halliday was my MoM yesterday. His workrate was literally breathtaking, and his ability on the ball, quick, accurate, positive passing has improved beyond measure from last season.
My MOM also BST.  Is there a better right back in League 1  He is Mr Consistent. 

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on October 18, 2020, 04:28:30 pm by MachoMadness »
Halliday seemed to be everywhere at once yesterday. I think that's part of the reason he got so much stick at first - he's always in a good position, so when he misplaces a pass or lets someone go by him you notice it more. I really rate him, we'd massively miss his energy down the right if he ever gets injured.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on October 18, 2020, 04:36:48 pm by Chris Black come back »
Took us until Boxing Day (0-3 v Peterborough United) last season to chalk up two away wins in League One - and the first one was the 1-7 humiliation of Southend United.

This season it has taken three away games in League One to chalk up two wins - and the other we only lost 1-0.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on October 18, 2020, 04:53:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Took us until Boxing Day (0-3 v Peterborough United) last season to chalk up two away wins in League One - and the first one was the 1-7 humiliation of Southend United.

This season it has taken three away games in League One to chalk up two wins - and the other we only lost 1-0.
And both of the away wins have been deserved ones against sides fully expected to be in the mix.

I'll take one poor 45 minutes in 6 away from home from now to the end of the season. We've looked every inch serious contenders in the other 5 halves.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on October 18, 2020, 06:03:15 pm by drfchound »
  I can remember going on their forum when we signed him.
   The main moan about him from their posters was that he added nothing to their attacking abilities although a decent full back.
  He has certainly bloody well changed since coming here.

Not sure that was ever right in the first place tbh, he is a good solid LB that gets up and down the line well linking up with whoever is in front of him.

Sorry for taking this off topic but how’s your son getting on so far this season? They’ve started better than I expected but not really looked into how Sadlier is doing.

Settling in okay, was a month behind the group in fitness when he joined. Having to adapt to a different type of football, scored 1 (pen) assisted 1 in the league so far. Also featured in the Championship league team of the week in the last game against Huddersfield so all going in the right direction.

Team not firing in first few games tbh but beginning to find their form and with that Kieran will start to settle and get on the ball more. Albeit he was benched yesterday to accommodate a tactical 4-5-1 system but will hopefully be back starting on Tuesday - they need him in the last third tbh.

RUFC should have won their last 3 games but have thrown it away in the last minutes - Birmingham drew 1-1 conceding a penalty the last minutes. Huddersfield drew 1-1 conceded an OG in extra time and yesterday, 1-0, missed a penalty which had he been on the pitch K would have taken, but ended up conceding another OG in 70 minute and then conceded another penalty in the last minutes of extra time to lose it 2-1 to Norwich.

Otherwise, a good bunch of lads, settled in well and showing what he can do.

So good to see DRFC winning and that result yesterday down there will certainly make a few people sit up and take notice. Not a fan of Portsmouth or Peterborough and love seeing them on the wrong end of a result, especially against Donny.

Good to hear that Keiran is doing well.
I will be expecting him to be a big player for Rotherham this season.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on October 19, 2020, 12:01:43 am by selby »
  I hope I am wrong ND as I really liked him as a player with us, but I still think he chose the wrong team with the wrong style of play, and as the season goes on and things become more difficult they will revert to their more direct style of play, in which I don't think he will really fit in.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on October 19, 2020, 01:35:51 pm by ravenrover »
Should we now start calling him Reece Hamez as that seems to be the preferred pronunciation of James these days 🤫

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on October 19, 2020, 08:21:12 pm by NewDonny »
  I hope I am wrong ND as I really liked him as a player with us, but I still think he chose the wrong team with the wrong style of play, and as the season goes on and things become more difficult they will revert to their more direct style of play, in which I don't think he will really fit in.

Well that "wrong style of play" as you put it did him no harm in Ireland at Cork City where he netted 26 times and had 12 assists in his last season, soo I am sure he can adapt Selby. A long season ahead so I guess we will have to wait and see.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012