Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:32:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the AFC Wimbledon game  (Read 8141 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the AFC Wimbledon game
« Reply #30 on November 02, 2020, 09:35:06 am by Campsall rover »
As for Wimbledon that is the sort of team that would beat us the so called lesser clubs, we have no problem with the top sides

Sorry but I don't like the phrase "the so called lesser clubs" you'd probably have said that about Wycombe last season yet see which league they are in now.

We've earnt nothing yet and have never liked to be called "the likes of doncaster" let's not start that now and actually give Wimbledon the respect they deserve.

I think this will be one of our toughest games yet. They are doing well this season, plus will want to start well in their new ground even with no fans there. They're only 3 points behind us and all games have been close so far. I've no doubt they will have seen how suspect bursik was on Sat and will be targeting that quiet rightly.

I obviously want 3 points but if we get a draw i think that can still be classed as a good result. I'm thinking 2-2
ok IF YOU LIKE teams below us in the league, is that better
Much better Vicar. Who are the Lesser teams?
Sunderland probably think all the other 23 teams in the
league are “ lesser teams” as they have a support base far in excess of any of the other clubs.
Are Sunderland top? No. They are spending their 3rd consecutive season in this league. They could very easily spend a 4th or 5th.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 02, 2020, 09:38:52 am by Donnywolf »
... and STILL lose to us in Wembley Play offs eh ?

80000 crowd split 60k vs 20k

1-0 to the little guys lol

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 02, 2020, 09:45:55 am by Campsall rover »
... and STILL lose to us in Wembley Play offs eh ?

80000 crowd split 60k vs 20k

1-0 to the little guys lol
Come on Wolf this Wembley only holds 90.000. We would take 25,000 wouldn’t we? Yes I am splitting hairs and the point you make is the so called “big” clubs don’t have a divine right to finish top.
If they did then the season is over before it even starts. Sunderland are champions and either Portsmouth or Ipswich are runners up with Hull 4th. Hell of a scramble for 5th & 6th

Sorry you put 80,000. I am losing the plot Wolf
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 12:29:07 pm by Campsall rover »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 02, 2020, 10:52:05 am by Donnywolf »
OK - no problem - and I was going to put 25000 as well as that would not be unrealistic

55000 v 25000

I still fancy the 1-0 to the mighty Reds though  :thumbsup: :scarf:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 02, 2020, 06:00:02 pm by scawsby steve »
Sorry to p*ss on your chips lads, but if we reach Wembley in the play-offs it will be in an empty stadium.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 02, 2020, 06:37:41 pm by turnbull for england »
This season for me has chance to have some real twist s yet , there's teams having to postpone 3 games in a row now and that's  before weather breaks. With a bad winter there could be fixture congestion  like never before and possiblity of clubs going bust and associated point deductions it could turn into a right lottery.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 02, 2020, 06:51:43 pm by Campsall rover »
Sorry to p*ss on your chips lads, but if we reach Wembley in the play-offs it will be in an empty stadium.
We will still win 1-0 SS  :)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 02, 2020, 06:56:05 pm by Donnywolf »

Ah but I was reacting to Reply#30 "Sunderland spending a 3rd consecutive Season in Div 1 and they could easily spend a 4th or 5th " ..... and I meant that we could still do them at Wembley even after that 5th Season

Surely we will be back by then - well hopefully or the lower Divisions will be "gone"

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 03, 2020, 08:27:03 am by jmt23 »
It made me chuckle Idler....

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 03, 2020, 10:16:14 am by Donnywolf »
Im hoping that just as Home advantage seems to be slightly "subdued" since Teams have played in empty Grounds that the same might happen with AFCWs new Ground

They will be desperate to win but there wont be anywhere near the euphoria as when we played Hudders - and our squad will not be as attached to the fact thats its new. They will see it no differently I assume to Plymouth away and hopefully "poach" a result off the back of my belief

So probably 3-0 to them now stitched on . Someone can remind me tomorrow of the above "theory"

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 03, 2020, 10:55:37 am by Chris Black come back »
I am trying to generate a discussion point here to fill the empty void before kick off, but there cannot be too many clubs that have twice been the opponents in a newly opened ground?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 03, 2020, 11:17:04 am by Campsall rover »
I am trying to generate a discussion point here to fill the empty void before kick off, but there cannot be too many clubs that have twice been the opponents in a newly opened ground?
Another one for Dutch Uncle i think.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 03, 2020, 11:46:06 am by selby »
CBcb, I am happy in the fact they have named their new stadium The New Plough Lane which looking at it at least we  had managed to have had a little success at The Old Plough Lane rather than slink away from Kingsmeadow wondering just what we were trying to do there.
  Going on recent games at their ground Pigott has been instrumental in most good things they have done, Anderson, Wright, and Butler having difficult games against him in the past, and their constant probing down the flanks to their front wide men, although we are better served with defenders now  than with Mason and whoever came out of the hat at left back, injuries and incomprehensible decisions from officials as well going against us on a few occasions down there during games.
  With no crowd present it would be ironic if we at last put on a display anywhere near our normal standard, as the Wimbledon crowd who were regulars at Kingsmeadow must wonder how the hell we ever won any points in away games having watched the dross we habitually put in front of them as entertainment in games down there in the last few seasons.
  So I am looking forward to the new surroundings, hoping the jinx or spell is broken and we at last put a display on that we all know we are capable of, my only regret is that their fans and ours will not be able to be there supporting our teams, and putting two fingers up to the authorities and those at the helm of football in this country that did their best and failed to ever let a game like this take place all those years ago and sold the heart of a club down the river, only to lose big time to a set of proper football fans who refused to give in, the people in football who will always come out on top of the spivs running the game.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 03, 2020, 01:15:08 pm by sha66y »
The lads are going to be buoyed by the Lincoln performance and result...
Many played out of their comfort zones and weren’t found wanting, maybe not Stella performances but good team performances, and that’s what counts....

tonight is a great opportunity to start believing that the team can be jiggled and still reap rewards...

Result: 1-3
Feji
Sims
Taylor

Maybe!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 03, 2020, 01:40:22 pm by Campsall rover »
The lads are going to be buoyed by the Lincoln performance and result...
Many played out of their comfort zones and weren’t found wanting, maybe not Stella performances but good team performances, and that’s what counts....

tonight is a great opportunity to start believing that the team can be jiggled and still reap rewards...

Result: 1-3
Feji
Sims
Taylor

Maybe!
This is going to be a tough game tonight. Dons will be desperate to win at their new home.
I will snap your hand off for a 1-3 win.

A scrappy 0-1 Win last min penalty will do nicely thankyou.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 03, 2020, 01:41:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
We get cheated there regularly, not least the absurd Marquis dismissal the other year. Hopefully the absence of a crowd might change that. Not holding out hope for an even hand from the officials though.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on November 03, 2020, 01:44:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
Palace, Charlton, AFC Wimbledon. At all of them we regularly get cheated. Notice the theme there.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 03, 2020, 01:49:26 pm by godlike1 »
Palace, Charlton, AFC Wimbledon. At all of them we regularly get cheated. Notice the theme there.

were bad losers? :-)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on November 03, 2020, 05:21:42 pm by IDM »
Just to add to some of the Lou two from the other day, the fa cup tie goes ahead..

As for tonight’s game, it will be our toughest and most important of the season..

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on November 03, 2020, 05:39:48 pm by scawsby steve »

I may be completely unknowledgable here CBCB, but when were we opponents  in another newly opened ground?

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on November 03, 2020, 05:45:10 pm by drfc1951 »
Brighton i think

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on November 03, 2020, 05:50:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Maybe a nudge and a wink tonight. Let them win and make history and headlines as long as we're assured of 3 points at the Keepmoat!

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on November 03, 2020, 05:55:55 pm by rover-n-out »
Is it 7-45 ko?  all others are 7pm I think. Why just us kicking off at this time? Seems nonsensical to me.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on November 03, 2020, 05:59:16 pm by IDM »
According to the bbc website both the games at Wimbledon and Northampton kick off at 7.45.

Not sure why that would be nonsensical.?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 03, 2020, 06:01:34 pm by scawsby steve »
Brighton i think

Yeah, completely forgot.

Apologies to CBCB.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on November 03, 2020, 06:09:44 pm by glosterred »
According to the bbc website both the games at Wimbledon and Northampton kick off at 7.45.

Not sure why that would be nonsensical.?

Saw this on the football heaven Twitter feed

Unfortunately we can't bring you full commentary of AFC Wimbledon v #DRFC due to broadcast facilities not ready at the new Plough Lane. So it's Cardiff v #barnsleyfc on FM (7.45) with updates of #drfc.  #swfc v Bournemouth on AM & digital (7pm) starting on all frequencies.

COYR

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on November 03, 2020, 06:15:20 pm by Donnywolf »
Maybe a nudge and a wink tonight. Let them win and make history and headlines as long as we're assured of 3 points at the Keepmoat!

NO - lets get 6 Points out of 'em  :scarf:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on November 03, 2020, 06:16:21 pm by Donnywolf »
Is it 7-45 ko?  all others are 7pm I think. Why just us kicking off at this time? Seems nonsensical to me.

We did this topic v Plymouth - I will paste what I put

Here it is - saves typing all out again

I think I read a while back that "long" journeys such as Rovers v Ipswich would be brought forward to 7 pm then the Coach gets them back without an overnight stay

However if the journey is a "long long" one like Plymouth the Player travel down on the day of the game - have a normal KO and then stay overnight (departing the following day with a bag containing 3 Points)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 06:20:00 pm by Donnywolf »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 03, 2020, 06:18:11 pm by drfchound »

We did this topic v Plymouth - I will ppaste what I put

Don’t you mean ppaste what you pput.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 03, 2020, 09:42:50 pm by Campsall rover »
How on Earth didn’t we win that one.

So very nearly lost it. We need to have an end product when you have 75% of the possession.

Over all I thought we were very good on the ball tonight and if it had been a boxing match it would have been stopped well before full time.
Copps to the rescue.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 09:44:51 pm by Campsall rover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012