Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:52:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the FC United game.  (Read 11126 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the FC United game.
« Reply #60 on November 06, 2020, 07:50:13 pm by Campsall rover »
  Steve we are 0-0 with 90 minutes to go against another football side, we have no advantage at all, we have the same number of players and just happen to play at a higher standard, and nothing will be decided until the 90 minutes, plus penalties if required has forced a result one way or the other.
  It is by no means a given we will win the tie, we will have to earn the right, take them lightly and thinking all we have to do is turn up is asking for trouble.

Brian, you've completely missed the point of my post, which is that past history has nothing whatsoever to do with tomorrow's game.
SS I think with all due respect you have missed the point. Where did I say that our past record history has a direct link to tomorrow’s game.
What I said was our FA cup record is appalling. That is an indisputable fact.
It does suggest we have not always taken Cup matches as seriously as maybe we should have.
We have switched off far too often. In only the last few seasons we have been beaten by lower league opposition. Stevenage and Notts county both at home for example.

Every season we start a fresh in the League and Cup competitions but History does show a pattern and the one i see regarding the Rovers in the FA Cup doesn’t make for pleasant reading.

Tomorrow is another day an opportunity to progress providing the attitude of the players who cross that white line is correctly focused.
I trust Andy Butler to have them fired up.  :thumbsup:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on November 06, 2020, 08:01:17 pm by dknward2 »
I?m sure the players will be up for tomorrow?s game hope they will be trying hard to win for the absent boss

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on November 06, 2020, 08:03:04 pm by Campsall rover »
Remember, Copps played right wing back under SOD and as I remember did a very, very good job.

I recall people said at the time, " I wonder?"
That was at least 9 yrs ago and he was only late 20?s or 30 at most when he played under SOD.

Do you really think the club gave Copps a 12 month Contract based on playing the odd 30 minutes every so often?
The manager will play him as and when he sees he should play him.
Like anyone else in the squad he will not have been given a specific time frame as to how long he will be on the pitch.
So far he hasn?t pulled up any trees and the manager consequently is only using him sparingly.
He may well get more game time as the season progresses. On the other hand he may not, he could get even less.

Copps presence on the training ground and in the dressing room alone makes his 12 month contract worthwhile imo as we have a very young squad.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 08:22:37 pm by Campsall rover »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on November 06, 2020, 08:03:59 pm by scawsby steve »
  Steve we are 0-0 with 90 minutes to go against another football side, we have no advantage at all, we have the same number of players and just happen to play at a higher standard, and nothing will be decided until the 90 minutes, plus penalties if required has forced a result one way or the other.
  It is by no means a given we will win the tie, we will have to earn the right, take them lightly and thinking all we have to do is turn up is asking for trouble.

Brian, you've completely missed the point of my post, which is that past history has nothing whatsoever to do with tomorrow's game.
SS I think with all due respect you have missed the point. Where did I say that our past record history has a direct link to tomorrow?s game.
It does suggest we have not always taken Cup matches as seriously as maybe we should have.
We have switched off far too often. In only the last few seasons we have been beaten by lower league opposition. Stevenage and Notts county both at home for example.

Every season we start a fresh in the League and Cup competitions but History does show a pattern and the one i see regarding the Rovers in the FA Cup doesn?t make for pleasant reading.

Tomorrow is another day an opportunity to progress providing the attitude of the players who cross that white line is correctly focused.

What point have I missed? You keep talking about things from the past.

What on Earth have past results against Stevenage and Notts County got to do with tomorrow's game?

Rovers will blather them tomorrow because we'll be too good for them. That's the only thing of significance to me.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on November 06, 2020, 08:18:59 pm by Campsall rover »

SS I think with all due respect you have missed the point. Where did I say that our past record history has a direct link to tomorrow?s game.

Every season we start a fresh in the League and Cup competitions but History does show a pattern and the one i see regarding the Rovers in the FA Cup doesn?t make for pleasant reading.

What point have I missed? You keep talking about things from the past.

What on Earth have past results against Stevenage and Notts County got to do with tomorrow's game?

Rovers will blather them tomorrow because we'll be too good for them. That's the only thing of significance to me.
Well I hope you are right SS & yes you could be. We might win 7-0
But if we are not focused we could lose 1-0

Those previous results i mentioned Steve show we are not incapable of slipping up against lower league opposition. Surely you can see that. Yes we have different players to those that played then but that doesn?t mean our current team can?t slip up does it?

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on November 06, 2020, 08:58:54 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
We've all followed the sport long enough to know there's always a shock in the first few rounds of this cup, every year.

Let's not allow it to be us.

Darren

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on November 06, 2020, 09:00:37 pm by Darren »
Andy will do a great job for us with the pre match training, but with Skype and other apps available i expect Darren will talk to the players before kick off.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on November 06, 2020, 09:02:53 pm by Campsall rover »
Andy will do a great job for us with the pre match training, but with Skype and other apps available i expect Darren will talk to the players before kick off.
Hope you do an inspiring team talk.  :woohoo: :thumbsup:

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on November 06, 2020, 09:38:05 pm by bpoolrover »
If it?s a draw is there extra time or straight to pens?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on November 06, 2020, 09:42:40 pm by Campsall rover »
Good question. Think they still have extra time but not sure.

Someone will know. Possibly one for Alias.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on November 06, 2020, 09:45:19 pm by drfchound »
I feel sure that if the game is a draw at ninety odd minutes then it goes straight to pens.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on November 06, 2020, 09:46:25 pm by Janso »
I feel sure that if the game is a draw at ninety odd minutes then it goes straight to pens.

That's true in the League Cup, but I think it's extra time in the FA Cup.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on November 06, 2020, 09:50:45 pm by Campsall rover »

That?s what i thought.
Trouble is they keep changing the rules.
Personally i would like them to go back to the good old days and have replays the following Tues / Wed.
They have done just about as much as they possibly can to ruin what was the greatest Cup competition in the world.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 10:04:33 pm by Campsall rover »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on November 06, 2020, 09:53:22 pm by selby »
  Extra time and penalties no replays 2020/21 season to ease fixture congestion, subsequent years no replays after the 5th round the top six will get tired for the bigger games in Europe.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on November 06, 2020, 09:58:32 pm by Campsall rover »
  Extra time and penalties no replays 2020/21 season to ease fixture congestion, subsequent years no replays after the 5th round the top six will get tired for the bigger games in Europe.
We need to look after the top teams Brian. They would be exhausted if they had to play the likes of Rovers twice with a second string side to try get through to the next round which they are not too bothered about really anyway.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on November 06, 2020, 09:59:02 pm by RoversAlias »
Good question. Think they still have extra time but not sure.

Someone will know. Possibly one for Alias.

Extra time and penalties if it's level after 90 minutes.

Let's hope it isn't needed tomorrow!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on November 06, 2020, 10:07:50 pm by drfchound »

Ah, cheers, I wasn?t totally certain.  :chair:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on November 06, 2020, 10:16:34 pm by Campsall rover »

Ah, cheers, I wasn?t totally certain.  :chair:
Shame on you hound.
Neither was i. They change the rules so often that I have completely lost track.  :zzz:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on November 06, 2020, 10:18:28 pm by drfchound »
Ha, there is much in life that is more important.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on November 06, 2020, 10:22:10 pm by selby »
  WE have not bothered the big clubs many times in my lifetime in the  5th round Paul, so they can scrap replays I honestly think it gives small clubs more chance with pens.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on November 06, 2020, 11:07:35 pm by the vicar »
I good news, I have been over to Manchester today and picked up all the banana 🍌 skins so we are ok 👌 😃😁

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on November 07, 2020, 08:30:51 am by Campsall rover »
  WE have not bothered the big clubs many times in my lifetime in the  5th round Paul, so they can scrap replays I honestly think it gives small clubs more chance with pens.
Well that is true i suppose.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 09:25:03 am by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on November 07, 2020, 08:33:22 am by Campsall rover »
I good news, I have been over to Manchester today and picked up all the banana  skins so we are ok 
Well done Vicar. Your a star. That’s what i call being a proper supporter.

You do realise though if we don’t win this match its on you.
Hope you did a second sweep of the area. It might only take one skin.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 08:47:20 am by Campsall rover »

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on November 07, 2020, 10:41:37 am by NickDRFC »

?Our FA Cup record is appalling. That is an indisputable fact?

I?m just having a look now and will post something shortly to dispute that indisputable fact. Warning - will contain statistics.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on November 07, 2020, 10:55:50 am by ForsolongaRover »
Rovers? history in the FA cup may be uninspiring and it seems that some relate this to some persistent lack of ?seriousness? at the club about the competition. But to imply that successive owners and numerous management teams have adopted a less than serious attitude as a matter of club policy is stretching credibility. I don?t remember us fielding weakened teams; we have tried hard and perhaps we have been unlucky at crucial times, like dominating the opening against Palace and them streaking up the field and scoring at their first attempt. And I was at Anfield when Liverpool, then top of the league, scraped a draw after being booed off at half time.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on November 07, 2020, 11:04:55 am by Campsall rover »

?Our FA Cup record is appalling. That is an indisputable fact?

I?m just having a look now and will post something shortly to dispute that indisputable fact. Warning - will contain statistics.
Ok Nick i am happy to be proved wrong if that?s a case you can back up with facts.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on November 07, 2020, 11:13:21 am by Campsall rover »
Rovers? history in the FA cup may be uninspiring and it seems that some relate this to some persistent lack of ?seriousness? at the club about the competition. But to imply that successive owners and numerous management teams have adopted a less than serious attitude as a matter of club policy is stretching credibility. I don?t remember us fielding weakened teams; we have tried hard and perhaps we have been unlucky at crucial times, like dominating the opening against Palace and them streaking up the field and scoring at their first attempt. And I was at Anfield when Liverpool, then top of the league, scraped a draw after being booed off at half time.
I for one have not suggested that club owners or managers have made it club policy to not take cup competitions seriously.
What I said or intended is that we have taken our eye off the ball far too often in the FA Cup.
Been far too complacent. That?s different to what your implying. I can of course only speak for myself here.
Our record does suggest it?s more than coincidence that we fail so often. Yes we get bad luck but can you honestly say we get more bad luck than other Clubs? Bad luck is a small part of of our failures.

Waiting now for Nick to come up with stats that are going to make my opinion look foolish.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 11:54:54 am by Campsall rover »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on November 07, 2020, 11:52:29 am by Draytonian III »
We will win by 3 clear goals, they?ll try and kick us off the park but our skill and fitness will come to the fore . Pity the bookies are shut or I would have a good bet on that ,haven?t got an account don?t one either

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on November 07, 2020, 11:56:35 am by Campsall rover »
We will win by 3 clear goals, they?ll try and kick us off the park but our skill and fitness will come to the fore . Pity the bookies are shut or I would have a good bet on that ,haven?t got an account don?t one either
Yes i fancy a 4-0 win and hope they don’t try to kick us off the park.
We don’t need any more injuries.

That’s put the kyber on that then.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 12:09:21 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on November 07, 2020, 12:11:51 pm by Campsall rover »
Tell you what i am fed up of changing all the question marks back to the apostrophe’s that were there when i posted.

What is the problem?  Seems it’s happening to all posts.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012