Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:05:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Carlisle United game  (Read 6345 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Carlisle United game
« Reply #30 on November 28, 2020, 05:33:27 pm by Donnywolf »
Carlisle have been a regular bogey team for us.

Since we beat them home and away with Bremner's 90/91 nearly-all conquering team, our record is.

P21 W4 D7 L10.

Didn’t we beat them at home in 2007/8 with a very late winner off Hayter’s arse from about a gnat’s cock length away from goal.?

We did.

We also best them 1-0 at their place not far off 17 years ago to the day, in THE windiest conditions I've ever seen a game played in. One of Andy Warrington's goal kicks never made it out of the area.

With the torrential rain (I think Leo F-W scored ?) - I was in the Stand over Tunnel as Carlisle man got me a Ticket as I worked up there quite a bit.

I could see Rovers fans in far Stand with the rain going horizontally and looked to be getting them all.

I think Foxes were on a massive losing run and I said to the bloke on way out "hope things turn around for you now". I left work about 11 years ago and lost touch with the bloke BUT as we beat FCUM I got an unknown number call on my Phone "nah then" says a voice - bet you dont know who this is but Carlisle accents are "easy" and luckily I had time to say I do and your initials are EM. He said we had done well to thrash them and we agreed to meet again if possible
After the Draw I sent him a Text saying - well I suppose that was inevitable - and in different times I would be in The Beehive oppositte the Ground for an hour before the game
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 05:41:53 pm by Donnywolf »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 28, 2020, 06:58:26 pm by bedale rover »

Since we beat them home and away with Bremner's 90/91 nearly-all conquering team, our record is.

P21 W4 D7 L10.

Didn’t we beat them at home in 2007/8 with a very late winner off Hayter’s arse from about a gnat’s cock length away from goal.?

We did.

We also best them 1-0 at their place not far off 17 years ago to the day, in THE windiest conditions I've ever seen a game played in. One of Andy Warrington's goal kicks never made it out of the area.

With the torrential rain (I think Leo F-W scored ?) - I was in the Stand over Tunnel as Carlisle man got me a Ticket as I worked up there quite a bit.

I could see Rovers fans in far Stand with the rain going horizontally and looked to be getting them all.

I think Foxes were on a massive losing run and I said to the bloke on way out "hope things turn around for you now". I left work about 11 years ago and lost touch with the bloke BUT as we beat FCUM I got an unknown number call on my Phone "nah then" says a voice - bet you dont know who this is but Carlisle accents are "easy" and luckily I had time to say I do and your initials are EM. He said we had done well to thrash them and we agreed to meet again if possible
After the Draw I sent him a Text saying - well I suppose that was inevitable - and in different times I would be in The Beehive oppositte the Ground for an hour before the game

We were sat 2/3rds of the way up the cantilever stand and still got wet!
It was poor driving on the A66
a young Tom Biltcliffe made me stop for him to be ill

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 28, 2020, 09:03:12 pm by Campsall rover »
We won there in Nov 2012 on a Tues night in our League 1 title season.

3-1 and a goal from a bullet header from Corporal Jones stands out as my best memory of the match.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 09:05:53 pm by Campsall rover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 28, 2020, 09:03:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

P21 W4 D7 L10.

We did.

We were sat 2/3rds of the way up the cantilever stand and still got wet!
It was poor driving on the A66
a young Tom Biltcliffe made me stop for him to be ill

I got a flat tyre on the A66 on the way back. One of the scariest experiences of my driving life. Trying to change the wheel in the pitch black and horizontal rain with 40tonners doing 60mph 12 inches from my arse.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 28, 2020, 09:35:12 pm by drfchound »

P21 W4 D7 L10.

We did.

Saw Gary Woods do that several times.

I saw Ben Smith do it a few times too, at  in that game at Grimsby.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 29, 2020, 10:30:30 am by NickDRFC »
So what team do we fancy? I’d go with:

Lumley
Halliday Anderson John Amos
Whiteman Smith
Coppinger Richards Lokilo
Okenabirhie

I’d give James, Sims & Wright a rest - they’ve played a lot of football recently. Would like to give Fej a rest as well but unfortunately there’s no one we can play instead. I’m still not clear on whether Jones playing would mean we can’t have an emergency loan keeper, but even if so I’d play Lumley to give him a chance to get more comfortable. Hopefully some of the walking wounded will be back to get half an hour off the bench as well.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 29, 2020, 11:16:57 am by Chris Black come back »
If he can, I would start Richards. Maybe Amos at left back and give John a break.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 29, 2020, 12:44:35 pm by foxbat »
how about giving us a break and scoring first this game?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on November 29, 2020, 12:48:15 pm by i_ateallthepies »
1-30pm ko on bbc iplayer if anybody is interested.

Doesn't seem to be listed on BBC i-player and no video match pass option on  i-follow.

Edit:  Match commentary on Radio Sheffield.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:51:43 pm by i_ateallthepies »

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 29, 2020, 12:56:09 pm by donnievic »
It’s on bbc iPlayer

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 29, 2020, 12:56:52 pm by NickDRFC »
I doubt it will be available yet, pies. The coverage starts at 13.15 for the goal updates so I’d try again then.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 29, 2020, 01:03:22 pm by Donnywolf »
Looked like yesterday they had some and single Camera coverage and no frills - just music nearly up to KO time

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 29, 2020, 01:04:29 pm by dknward2 »
Can't see a way to do it through my fire stick

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 29, 2020, 01:05:13 pm by drfchound »
I have looked on iPlayer on the tv and nothing showing yet but on my iPad it is in place ready to press play when coverage by the bbc begins.
What menu are people using for the tv coverage please.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 29, 2020, 01:06:15 pm by rover-n-out »
Yeah, I can't see it listed on iplayer even at this time 1.05pm. Must have to switch on at 1.30pm ko time.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on November 29, 2020, 01:12:42 pm by i_ateallthepies »
It’s on bbc iPlayer

Thanks guys.  I'll join you watching at 1:30 then.  Cold beer at the ready.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 29, 2020, 01:20:02 pm by Filo »
Still can’t find the link to the game

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 29, 2020, 01:22:25 pm by Janso »
If you can't find it, go to categories then sport, it's there.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 29, 2020, 01:24:00 pm by donnievic »
It’s on bbc I player now on main home page

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 29, 2020, 03:36:47 pm by PDX_Rover »
Professional job done.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on November 29, 2020, 03:37:18 pm by Campsall rover »
Well we got through a tricky tie.
A professional performance in a match that was never going to be easy.

Hull drawing with Stevenage and Shrewsbury drawing with Oxford City. Both games in extra time.
So that’s a good result today for us.
Sims my MOM he was dazzling in possession and worked very hard when not to get the ball back. Closely followed by Anderson who won everything at the back.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 29, 2020, 03:39:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
Particularly welcome as we are playing Hull on Wednesday evening. A sending off would help as well.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on November 29, 2020, 03:43:49 pm by Campsall rover »
Right now let us get drawn against Liverpool, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea, or even that little club Man Utd away in the 3rd round please. Even Arsenal will do but we had them recently so much prefer one of the others.

Will we be able to go?  Unlikely there will be any away fans probably all season i suspect unfortunately.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 03:46:27 pm by Campsall rover »

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 29, 2020, 03:48:39 pm by donnievic »
Anderson for me MOM superb again deffo want a lower league can’t really see how drawing a big club away from home helps us away from home with not many of any fans being aloud in,at home we would poss get chosen for tv again

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 29, 2020, 03:52:58 pm by Campsall rover »
Anderson for me MOM superb again deffo want a lower league can’t really see how drawing a big club away from home helps us away from home with not many of any fans being aloud in,at home we would poss get chosen for tv again
Why would we not get chosen for TV if we were away?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on November 29, 2020, 03:53:26 pm by selby »
  Every time we have reached the 3 rd round I have wanted one of the really big top sides in the country, tomorrow I want the lowest rated sides left in the competition. We will have as much chance of being on main stream TV and the money rewards, them looking to see us knocked out,and more chance to win and get a  big team next round.
  Bournemouth away it is then, the top championship side who should beat us and the attraction of a supermarket trolley.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 29, 2020, 04:18:59 pm by steve@dcfd »
We missed John at left back and back post cover neither Amos or James has his pace.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on November 29, 2020, 04:27:16 pm by Campsall rover »
Danny Amos did not look fit from the start.
Reece James at left back for me all day long.

It’s all opinions but imo he gives you that balance of both full backs attacking on both flanks more than it does with CJ on the left. It is just not his natural position.

Now Gomes is back it will be interesting to see what DM does with his selections in the next few games.
I suspect Gomes may be on the bench again on Wed at Hull as he will want to ease him back in. So my guess is James in midfield and CJ at left back assuming CJ was just rested today and was not injured.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 29, 2020, 04:35:53 pm by donnievic »
possibly not depends if tv want the upset fixtures or maybe more viewers with fans not being able to go

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 29, 2020, 05:18:05 pm by RoversAlias »

The TV channels only tend to like televising the underdog at home. If we're away at Man City or Liverpool they'll presume an easy thumping by the big boys and won't want to put that on tele.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012