Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:35:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fixtures to be announced  (Read 4383 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Fixtures to be announced
« on August 13, 2020, 12:16:33 pm by silent majority »
At 9am, Friday 21st August.

Who do you want first?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Darren

• Forum Member
Re: Fixtures to be announced
« Reply #1 on August 13, 2020, 12:19:52 pm by Darren »
I'd like Crewe at home, my ex supports them and want us to bang a few past them   :woohoo:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 13, 2020, 12:19:55 pm by Campsall rover »
Peterborough home or away.

Nailed on 3 points.  :)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 13, 2020, 12:20:39 pm by silent majority »
The 2020/21 season dates across the Sky Bet EFL, Carabao Cup and the EFL Trophy have been
confirmed, with the Carabao Cup officially kicking off the EFL season with an action-packed month of
cup football to follow throughout September.

Carabao Cup

The 2020/21 competition has seen a number of significant scheduling changes with two legged semifinals
being replaced by a single tie and the first four rounds scheduled to take place on consecutive
weeks, kicking off in early September.

Round One fixtures are scheduled to take place on Saturday 5 September, but due to the international
window may be played on alternative dates. Rounds Two, Three and Four will be played on consecutive
midweeks dates starting 15/16 September.

Premier League sides will enter the competition in Round Two or Round Three if they are competing in
European competition in season 2020/21.

The Draw for the Round One will take place on Sky Sports News on Tuesday 18 August 2020,
time TBC.

As per the previous two seasons, the Round One draw will be divided into a northern and southern
section but will remain unseeded.

The dates for the 2020/21 Carabao Cup are as follows:
  •  Round One - 5 September 2020 (alternative dates may apply)
     Round Two - 15/16 September 2020
     Matchday 3 - 10/11 November 2020
     Round of 32 - 8/9 December 2020
     Round of 16 - 12/13 January 2021
     Quarter-Finals - 2/3 February 2021
     Semi-Finals - 16/17 February 2021
     Final - 14 March 2021

Category One Invited Clubs taking part in the 2020/21 EFL Trophy competition have now been
confirmed and are as follows:

•  Arsenal  Aston Villa  Brighton & Hove Albion
     Chelsea  Fulham  Leeds United
     Leicester City  Liverpool  Manchester City
     Manchester United  Newcastle United  Norwich City (EFL)
     Southampton  West Bromwich Albion  West Ham United
     Wolverhampton Wanderers
The Group Stage draw for the EFL Trophy will take place on Tuesday 18 August at 1.30pm on
TalkSPORT 2.

Broadcasting plans for the Sky Bet EFL, Carabao Cup and EFL Trophy will be confirmed in due course.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 13, 2020, 12:26:19 pm by swintonrover »
Plymouth away, followed by Gillingham away. Get the awful ties out of the way while supporters can't get in to games. Fully expecting Hull at home though.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 13, 2020, 12:37:15 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Plymouth away, followed by Gillingham away. Get the awful ties out of the way while supporters can't get in to games. Fully expecting Hull at home though.

Agreed. Get all the horrible one's out the way.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 13, 2020, 12:40:27 pm by Campsall rover »
Not expecting any common sense to be used in the fixture planning. That would be far too much to hope for.

Yes the first set of fixtures should be Plymouth, Gillingham, Portsmouth, Bristol Rovers, Charlton Athletic, Wimbledon, Ipswich Town & Swindon Town. That’s 8 teams we should play, preferably home AND away fixtures in the first 3 months of the season.

But that’s far too much like common sense & Financial sense.
Could be the saviour of many clubs organising the fixtures this way.   
Not a chance though.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 13, 2020, 01:06:16 pm by swintonrover »
Not expecting any common sense to be used in the fixture planning. That would be far too much to hope for.

Yes the first set of fixtures should be Plymouth, Gillingham, Portsmouth, Bristol Rovers, Charlton Athletic, Wimbledon, Ipswich Town & Swindon Town. That’s 8 teams we should play, preferably home AND away fixtures in the first 3 months of the season.

Not a chance though.

Thing is, there are teams that would benefit even more than us with the distance (Sunderland).

As nice as it would be for everybody to play Plymouth in the opening few weeks, it's not feasible.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 13, 2020, 01:14:15 pm by roversdude »
Has there been any discussion centred around arranging fixtures or will it just be “computer says”

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 13, 2020, 01:17:35 pm by Metalmicky »
Fleetwood or Accrington away...

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 13, 2020, 01:28:16 pm by Campsall rover »

Not a chance though.

Thing is, there are teams that would benefit even more than us with the distance (Sunderland).

As nice as it would be for everybody to play Plymouth in the opening few weeks, it's not feasible.
Yes of course it is.
But the teams furthest away from each other should play as early in the season as possible.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 13, 2020, 01:46:41 pm by Draytonian III »
EFL cup and Leeds ( Vermin ) Utd U23’s at home and all the Donny Whites walling around the Keepmoat, shorts on, Adidas trainers, no shirts, covered in tattoos, swilling cans of Stella. Gates closed

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 13, 2020, 02:06:39 pm by Campsall rover »
EFL cup and Leeds ( Vermin ) Utd U23’s at home and all the Donny Whites walling around the Keepmoat, shorts on, Adidas trainers, no shirts, covered in tattoos, swilling cans of Stella. Gates closed
This obsession with hating Leeds fans is getting really boring.

We haven’t even had the EFL draw yet.  :headbang:

Can we not have something a bit more constructive to talk about, would be really good in these unprecedented times.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 02:17:39 pm by Campsall rover »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 13, 2020, 02:20:09 pm by Filo »
Just to boil your piss a bit more, i posted this in off topic the other day, the name of my wifi router

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 13, 2020, 02:23:47 pm by Campsall rover »
Just to boil your piss a bit more, i posted this in off topic the other day, the name of my wifi router

Sad very sad. Just concentrate on the team you supposedly support and stop fretting about a few moronic Leeds fans.

Might be good for your health. Give it a try.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 13, 2020, 02:49:46 pm by silent majority »
Has there been any discussion centred around arranging fixtures or will it just be “computer says”

There's always discussions around fixtures, see link to article. The problem this year is fitting 3 months work into a few weeks;

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/june/fixture-release-day-compiling-the-fixtures--the-impossible-job/

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 13, 2020, 02:51:02 pm by selby »
 Paul, I'm with Filo he he.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 13, 2020, 02:56:10 pm by roversdude »
Cheers Martyn

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 13, 2020, 03:00:57 pm by selby »
  I can remember when I was a kid on the radio they interviewed the bloke who then did the fixtures before a computer was heard of.
  He used to have to do local derby games at the Christmas and Easter and bank Holidays, and few grounds with floodlights to help him out.
  If I remember rightly it took him less than a day to do the lot. And most teams had their top games on the bank holidays, with nearly all games played on the Saturday.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 13, 2020, 03:23:40 pm by Campsall rover »
Paul, I'm with Filo he he.
Good job i know you Brian.
Don’t worry I am well beyond being wound up by something that’s not worth getting wound up about.

:crying: :facepalm: :headbang:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 13, 2020, 03:25:59 pm by Campsall rover »
  I can remember when I was a kid on the radio they interviewed the bloke who then did the fixtures before a computer was heard of.
  He used to have to do local derby games at the Christmas and Easter and bank Holidays, and few grounds with floodlights to help him out.
  If I remember rightly it took him less than a day to do the lot. And most teams had their top games on the bank holidays, with nearly all games played on the Saturday.
The good old days Brian when common sense prevailed and when the paying football supporters mattered to the big clubs as well as the smaller ones.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 03:31:32 pm by Campsall rover »

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 16, 2020, 08:49:58 pm by RedRover45 »

Can we not have something a bit more constructive to talk about, would be really good in these unprecedented times.

And I for one, am also bored with your constant love in with Leeds. We all know you love them but it becomes a bit tiresome constantly reading it. In case you hadn’t twigged, the majority of people on this forum for one reason or another, can’t abide anything they stand for so just suck it up or don’t bother reading or answering.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 16, 2020, 09:04:12 pm by ravenrover »
Speak for yourself not everybody else!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 16, 2020, 09:23:13 pm by Campsall rover »

And I for one, am also bored with your constant love in with Leeds. We all know you love them but it becomes a bit tiresome constantly reading it. In case you hadn’t twigged, the majority of people on this forum for one reason or another, can’t abide anything they stand for so just suck it up or don’t bother reading or answering.
Speak for all do you?  No you don’t. If your so bored with it I suggest you should be the one that doesn’t bother to read it or post.

I am having no love in with Leeds.
DRFC are my team as you will well know if you read my posts.
I watch them home & away and have done for 40+ years.

I have seen Leeds live on only 2 occasions in that time apart from the games they played against Rovers.

Now do us all a favour and do one. Your pathetic making comments like that and making yourself look a complete idiot.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 09:30:55 pm by Campsall rover »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 17, 2020, 06:28:43 am by Donnywolf »

Good point but I would have to say that gillinghamrover and a few more exiles would probably not want that as it is like a home game to him / them - and worse one he / they could not attend

One mans meat etc

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 17, 2020, 09:00:35 am by RedRover45 »

Speak for all do you?  No you don’t. If your so bored with it I suggest you should be the one that doesn’t bother to read it or post.

I have seen Leeds live on only 2 occasions in that time apart from the games they played against Rovers.

Now do us all a favour and do one. Your pathetic making comments like that and making yourself look a complete idiot.

On the contrary, I speak for myself and am entitled to my opinion. I certainly don’t speak for everyone but I’d wager a small bet that there are more anti Leeds posters on here than pro Leeds.
I dare say you are a Rovers supporter of long standing but your constant defending of Leeds borders on sickening. And I’m probably an idiot with more brains than you. If you really can’t help yourself with your Leeds love in, go find Waccoe, you’ll find far more like minded ‘idiots’ there.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 17, 2020, 09:17:24 am by Campsall rover »

On the contrary, I speak for myself and am entitled to my opinion. I certainly don’t speak for everyone but I’d wager a small bet that there are more anti Leeds posters on here than pro Leeds.
I dare say you are a Rovers supporter of long standing but your constant defending of Leeds borders on sickening. And I’m probably an idiot with more brains than you. If you really can’t help yourself with your Leeds love in, go find Waccoe, you’ll find far more like minded ‘idiots’ there.
Sad man. Your not worth having a debate with because you are just wanting to mouth off.
I thought this was supposed to be a forum for sensible conversation.
Obviously not in your case.

Over & out from me on this conversation if that’s what you can call it.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 17, 2020, 09:38:30 am by ravenrover »
Why just lately do posters feel it necessary to resort to personal abuse in their posts, it's not Twitter

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 17, 2020, 09:54:43 am by Filo »

As someone that has also been sad for naming my wifi We_ all_hate_Leeds_scum, I agree with what you say

TinyPortal © 2005-2012