Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 02:24:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: We're fighting for billy to show we want him  (Read 2450 times)

godlike1

• Forum Member
We're fighting for billy to show we want him
« on January 10, 2012, 01:51:26 am by godlike1 »
A good contract as well I reckon he'd stay until this time next year see how we are doing and then move if it suits all. The club have stuck with him and I can imagine he'd want to repay this unless another offer really is too good to turn down and what he feels is best for him
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084408/Doncaster-bid-Billy-Sharp-cash-injection.html

Come on billy you know it makes sense to stay and help lead the revolution to the promised land

Willie, saunders, terry, dick And JR rovers till I die!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris

• Forum Member
Re: We're fighting for billy to show we want him
« Reply #1 on January 10, 2012, 02:01:39 am by Chris »
At least we can't say we didn't try to keep him!

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 10, 2012, 04:41:58 am by adge »
so why did we rush to accept such a low bid from leicester?
yes , we were tied to letting him talk , but why accept the bid so quickly

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 10, 2012, 06:36:27 am by godlike1 »
I don't know, why is it that all people can do do is constantly criticise rovers and turn what could be a glimmer of hope into something negative?

Or are we all related to dee daas and Can never see any positive in anything?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 10, 2012, 07:03:59 am by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"adge\" post=210975

That makes no sense, we had no option, they made a bid that met the clause in his contract there was nothing we could do.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 10, 2012, 07:21:51 am by Berkshire Rover »
The other advantage of a new contract would presumably to reset or remove this trigger clause so that if / when billy does go, we get full value for him, I'm sure a deal could be constructed that gave him some sort of loyalty bonus bonus based on any eventual fee compared to what we would get now or in the summer when the release clause might be lower still.

Top marks for fighting to keep him.

:rtid:

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 10, 2012, 07:57:30 am by ArmthorpeRover »

You just answered your own question!

As soon as someone bids the trigger amount we have to let them talk.....it isn't about accepting it quickly it's about following the terms of the contract.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 10, 2012, 08:16:38 am by philsky »
Quote from: \"ArmthorpeRover\" post=210990

You just answered your own question!

As soon as someone bids the trigger amount we have to let them talk.....it isn't about accepting it quickly i
t's about following the terms of the contract.

Wow and staggering...i live in hope

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 10, 2012, 08:17:42 am by The Red Baron »
The thing is- why didn't we do this much earlier? We knew there would be bids for Billy. Why not talk about a contract extension last summer?

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 10, 2012, 08:45:34 am by Wade Falana »
You can't fault the board now. Does anyone really know the fee Leicester have offered? £2 million is a bargain!

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 10, 2012, 09:02:11 am by colincramb »
For what its worth, if I was Billy's agent, I would be telling him to stay here until the end of the season, score as many goals as he can between now and then and see if something better comes along in summer. For me, a player with his quality should be looking at a lower half premier league club. Leicester, despite the money they will be throwing at him, in my opinion, isn't the right kind of club for Billy. I guess it will boil down to what matters more...

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 10, 2012, 09:09:39 am by DRNaith »
Quote from: \"colincramb\" post=211002
For what its worth, if I was Billy's agent, I would be telling him to stay here until the end of the season, score as many goals as he can between now and then and see if something better comes along in summer. For me, a player with his quality should be looking at a lower half premier league club. Leicester, despite the money they will be throwing at him, in my opinion, isn't the right kind of club for Billy. I guess it will boil down to what matters more...

Absolutely!

Billy is currently playing for a team that he knows he can score goals at.  Just ask Torres what can happen when the service you were receiving just changes slightly.  If he were to go to Leicester he may find problems as many footballers do at new clubs and then stagnate in the Championship.  If he sticks with us for the rest of the season and continues to score at the ratio he has been doing there's no doubt that Premier League clubs will not only take notice but also come in for him.

I genuinely think it's the best option for him to stay at DRFC.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 10, 2012, 09:14:58 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"DRNaith\" post=211004

Billy is currently playing for a team that he knows he can score goals at.  Just ask Torres what can happen when the service you were receiving just changes slightly

Bang on there, Torres has gone from being one of the best goal scorers in the world, to some one who could n`t hit a cows arse with a banjo, and all because he`s not the main focal point in attack and has a multitude of other great strikers to compete with

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 10, 2012, 09:17:47 am by colincramb »
To back that up, just look at how things went when he moved back to sheff utd for big money! Tactics played by Blackwell didn't suit him at all! Rovers, in a way, resurrected his career at this level! I think he could just repay that.

Here's hoping anyway!

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 10, 2012, 09:28:55 am by keyser_soze »
Quote from: \"colincramb\" post=211008
To back that up, just look at how things went when he moved back to sheff utd for big money! Tactics played by Blackwell didn't suit him at all! Rovers, in a way, resurrected his career at this level! I think he could just repay that.

Here's hoping anyway!

There's no 'in a way' about it, more 'in every way'!

I'd be disappointed in Billy if he was so unsure of himself that he'd choose to stay at Rovers rather than chance his arm elsewhere, any footballer worth his salt should have the self-belief to think he's capable of playing at the very highest level.

Billy is big news at the moment, and looking at it selflessly, now is the time for him/us to cash in and move to a club with Premiership ambitions. He's not going to enhance his value any further by staying at Rovers until the end of the season or beyond. I'm not sure if Leicester is the one. If we look at it selfishly, it'd be great to have him here till the end of the season.

Only he can decide, and I don't begrudge him either way.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 10, 2012, 12:45:42 pm by DRNaith »
I think he'd be better waiting for the right Premier move rather than one with Premier aspirations.  That's when self belief counts, not moving to a club in the same division, Shef Utd were in the same division and the style of play didn't suit him there.

It works here, new contract offered (admittedly possibly less than Leicester's offer) but if he stays where he's scoring the Premier League will sit up and take notice in the summer

TinyPortal © 2005-2012