Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:18:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: England tonight  (Read 2467 times)

GM-MarkB

England tonight
« on October 11, 2013, 05:55:08 pm by GM-MarkB »
According to Sky, Rooney, Welbeck and Sturridge to start. Townsend make debut

Looks like Woy is weally going for it !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: England tonight
« Reply #1 on October 11, 2013, 06:21:01 pm by Dare to dream! »
Excited to see Townsend play very attacking and has a great shot on him

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 11, 2013, 06:27:05 pm by The Red Baron »
I'm a bit concerned if Lampard really is favoured over Wilshere, though I thought there was a case for Carrick getting that other midfield spot.

Having said that, I'm reasonably confident as Montenegro are missing some key men and tend to start strongly then tail off in these qualifying competitions.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 11, 2013, 07:21:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Probably wants Wilshere to have at least a chance for Tuesday. I reckon Steve Brooker is less fragile.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 11, 2013, 10:31:07 pm by bobjimwilly »
good result. townsend deserved mom. bring on the poles!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 11, 2013, 10:40:15 pm by The Red Baron »
The fact that the Poles can't now reach the play-offs may work in our favour. Will be a nervous night though. And we really can't rely on San Marino doing us a favour!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 11, 2013, 11:25:42 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
good result. townsend deserved mom. bring on the poles!

For a minute there i thought you were on about Andy's performance at the mike :laugh:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 11, 2013, 11:38:10 pm by jonnydog »
Is it just me or does Roy Keane ALWAYS look as though he wants to stab Adrian Chiles every time they're in the studio together?!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:53:00 pm by jonnydog »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 11, 2013, 11:43:27 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
You can see Keane just doesn't want to be there,he gives out those sideways glances that say ''I'd love to stick one on you'' Chiles especially,can't blame him,Chiles talks s..t,Lee Dixon barely dares to say anything of use,Keane's the only one who comes out with any sense,you can see him thinking f..king hell he's scored a goal no need to make out he's Pele!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 11, 2013, 11:52:08 pm by RedJ »
Is it just me or does Roy Keane ALWAYS like as though he wants to stab Adrian Chiles every time they're in the studio together?!

Can you blame him? bloody hell Chiles talks some b*llocks.

I think it was Euro 2012, Chiles tried to make a piss poor joke and Keane, Carragher and I think Southgate just gave him a look as if to say "what the f**k are you talking about?"

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 12, 2013, 07:12:59 am by hoolahoop »
IMO Chiles  is a waste of space and I would be tempted to stick one on him too !

ponte_ricky

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 12, 2013, 09:16:27 am by ponte_ricky »
Hes shite. Cannot stand the shit talking couch potato. I love roy keane I wish he would stab him

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 12, 2013, 09:34:29 am by arkseyrover »
what an absolutely piss poor side England are. We have no chanbce of getting a smell of anything even if we get to Brazil. Crap manager crap system crap players.We are an embarrassing joke.The players were like a bunch of clueless skilless amateurs who enthusiastically chased around like kids on a park field. Apart from Townsend we were frightened to death of a small time team who a Rovers side could have stuffed. If this is football I dont want to watch it. We should resign from the world cup.   

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 12, 2013, 10:34:23 am by Capmeister »
I thought Brian Blessed was commentating with Chiles, Dixon and Walcott........................Gordon's alive!!!!!!!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 12, 2013, 10:48:41 am by The Red Baron »
what an absolutely piss poor side England are. We have no chanbce of getting a smell of anything even if we get to Brazil. Crap manager crap system crap players.We are an embarrassing joke.The players were like a bunch of clueless skilless amateurs who enthusiastically chased around like kids on a park field. Apart from Townsend we were frightened to death of a small time team who a Rovers side could have stuffed. If this is football I dont want to watch it. We should resign from the world cup.   

Believe me, I've seen a lot worse than that from England sides over the years.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 12, 2013, 10:55:42 am by dickos1 »
We won 4-1 for gods sake against a side that hasn't previously lost a game.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #16 on October 12, 2013, 10:57:39 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
We were apalling at the last world cup yet we have gone backwards. The result masked the truth about our lack of class and intelligence at international level. Successive managers seem to resort to Gerard and Lampard to get us out of a hole but succeed in making it more difficult to bring the younger talent through. Result, same old huff and puff clueless football with about the same level of technique you expect in League One. It's car crash TV.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 12, 2013, 11:08:56 am by wilts rover »

Bit of an ignorant and arrogant post. Why should England just have the automatic right to just roll up and turn teams over - just because we won something 50 years ago? All of their players are playing in decent leagues, some in PL & Serie A. If you think the 'big' teams should always win - why are you supporting Doncaster Rovers. You sound like a Sheff Utd fan, we won the league in 1897 so should always win it.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 12, 2013, 11:14:13 am by wilts rover »
Baz - what young talent? We have seen far too many players have a decent game or two and then disappear - how many are there winning MOM in PL games. England are an average side and last night played as well as they could - how much more can you ask. Blame this, blame that, but if players haven't got the talent or application to develop, that's where we are.

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 12, 2013, 12:39:24 pm by arkseyrover »
wilts rover - you numpty. Can't you read properly? I never said we had a right to win. I said we are crap and shouldn't even go to the world cup because we are an embarrassment. I want to win good and deservedly and be entertained . Sounds like you are one of them  who thinks that because you are England they automatically play well. wake up man and look at reality.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 12, 2013, 12:56:40 pm by selby »
Crap old England
Hold on were they the team that drew with Brazil in Brazil last summer when everyone including Spain got toncked.
Seem to remember the Brazilians shitting themselves when Rooney and Walcott and Chambers got the ball.
I dont think we are the best but dont over hype the rest the team who get their tactics right and stay clear of injury will win the world cup and that is not always the best team in the competition.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 12, 2013, 01:09:30 pm by graingrover »
I agree Wilts ... our expectations ( media especially ) are paralleled by a lot of ignorance of what is happening in World football beyond the Premieship.
     I watched Belgium with Belgians last night .. it's refreshing to witness a nation who rejoice in their team's victories ... a characteristic almost lost in England .

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 12, 2013, 01:19:28 pm by scotlandsbest »
 :whistle:  :P  :aok:

come the world cup it will be the same old same old

were gonna win the world cup !!!!!!! yes your there and well done but get real you aint going to win it

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 12, 2013, 01:53:09 pm by arkseyrover »
you're right graingrover. Belgium have a team worth watching and who play well. I would love to 'rejoice' in my England team but what is there to rejoice about? So why live in dreamland? Admit it - we aint gonna win anything. Get real.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 12, 2013, 02:43:58 pm by dickos1 »
We're not gonna win the World Cup no. But rovers aren't gonna win the title this season either. So should we just pack in supporting them because they aren't the best.
Some ridiculous views on the subject.
We haven't won anything for 50 years, so were not a top side but were a decent side and last night was a decent result

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 12, 2013, 03:37:26 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

No, instead you should turn your telly off, stamp your little foot, go and sulk in a corner and let the rest of us enjoy it.

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 12, 2013, 04:27:11 pm by arkseyrover »
..............here is all I know about football by Glyn_Wigley and Dickos 1:-

.......... The end

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 12, 2013, 04:36:28 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Ooooh bitchy aren't you for a WUM?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 12, 2013, 05:34:57 pm by dickos1 »
..............here is all I know about football by Glyn_Wigley and Dickos 1:-

I reckon we know all about your non existent football knowledge just by reading your posts cock.

.......... The end

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 12, 2013, 06:47:42 pm by arkseyrover »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Dicko - living up to your name!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012