Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:17:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Charlton fans  (Read 2462 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Charlton fans
« on January 29, 2014, 11:02:41 am by roversdude »
Thought they added to atmosphere last night great bit of banter
Also big credit to the Lee Rigby flag if any of their fans come on here I take my hat off to you

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: Charlton fans
« Reply #1 on January 29, 2014, 11:29:43 am by wing commander »
  To be fair its not the best to travel up the country to watch your team,sit down and within half an hour the match is practically over...but that's Football we have all suffered it...I think my worst was a bus to Torquay many moons ago..We hardly had a bloody kick all match..lol

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 29, 2014, 11:41:04 am by Sprotyrover »
Two black lads walking to the away end before the game shouted  that they were gonna Hammer us last night, They hadn't come all that way for nothing,I applauded them and got the thumbs up ...poor sods!

ponte_ricky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 29, 2014, 12:06:36 pm by ponte_ricky »
my dads a lifelong charlton fan. looking forward to giving him a good roasting about it he was in the away end last night

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 29, 2014, 12:09:40 pm by RedJ »
Thought they added to atmosphere last night great bit of banter
Also big credit to the Lee Rigby flag if any of their fans come on here I take my hat off to you

What were they on about like? not a slight on them but I couldn't really hear them from where I was.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 29, 2014, 12:20:43 pm by Filo »
I reckon this Charlton fan took a wrong turn somewhere on the way and took in a different game :)

From a mate there: "possibly the better team until an awful first goal. Then everything possible went wrong."

I'm more inclined to believe that than those queueing up to complain. There are some days where nothing goes for you. This was one of them

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/59274/donny-vs-charlton-post-match-views

And from the same thread, I reckon the view must be crap from the away end by the description of the second goal

Blucher Member
January 28
A very depressing spectacle. A poor quality game with nothing in it until they scored. They then got the second shortly afterwards when their midfield player ran through acres of space in midfield, put the forward through and Wilson took the guy down. Game over.

We were set up badly from the start. Notwithstanding the lack of options, it was senseless to put Cousins on the right and stick Evina on the left of midfield (behind which, young Harry Lennon also struggled out of position).

The second half was one way traffic and frankly embarrassing. Duffy (the ex-Scunny player) ran rings around us and made our players look bovine.

A 300 mile round trip feels a long way when your team doesn't muster a single shot on target. In fact, I can only recall one shot off in the first half, a dismal effort by Church after a lovely chip from Cousins,

On this performance, we are heading for League 1, although there is a long way to go

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 29, 2014, 03:16:13 pm by Big MAC »
What about the bloke who was at his 750th consecutive Charlton game. good on him, but maybe he'll retire now after their performance last night!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 29, 2014, 05:12:17 pm by PDX_Rover »
Wing Commander - was that torquay trip a Tuesday night game in the late 80's? I took a day off work for that. We were rubbish and I think lost 2-0. Happy days!?!!??!!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 29, 2014, 05:32:01 pm by wing commander »
It certainly was mate...The most one sided 2-0 you will ever see...haha That was a long trip home...lol

Xtrarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 29, 2014, 08:03:10 pm by Xtrarover »
I reckon this Charlton fan took a wrong turn somewhere on the way and took in a different game :)

From a mate there: "possibly the better team until an awful first goal. Then everything possible went wrong."

I'm more inclined to believe that than those queueing up to complain. There are some days where nothing goes for you. This was one of them

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/59274/donny-vs-charlton-post-match-views

And from the same thread, I reckon the view must be crap from the away end by the description of the second goal

Blucher Member
January 28
A very depressing spectacle. A poor quality game with nothing in it until they scored. They then got the second shortly afterwards when their midfield player ran through acres of space in midfield, put the forward through and Wilson took the guy down. Game over.

We were set up badly from the start. Notwithstanding the lack of options, it was senseless to put Cousins on the right and stick Evina on the left of midfield (behind which, young Harry Lennon also struggled out of position).

The second half was one way traffic and frankly embarrassing. Duffy (the ex-Scunny player) ran rings around us and made our players look bovine.

A 300 mile round trip feels a long way when your team doesn't muster a single shot on target. In fact, I can only recall one shot off in the first half, a dismal effort by Church after a lovely chip from Cousins,

On this performance, we are heading for League 1, although there is a long way to go

actually you should read the last page 7, they fully supported our skill and desire of play

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 29, 2014, 10:34:38 pm by RobTheRover »
He also called the Evina/Lennon situation spot on.  It was perfectly evident the young left back was getting tore a new one in the first half and the lad in front of him was dying to drop back in to his preferred position.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 30, 2014, 12:14:14 am by Filo »

Blucher Member
January 28

actually you should read the last page 7, they fully supported our skill and desire of play

There was only 5 pages when I posted earlier

TinyPortal © 2005-2012