Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 05:12:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mcsheffry  (Read 2457 times)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Mcsheffry
« on October 03, 2016, 01:43:45 pm by Retdon1 »
Out for another 4 months. Might need to look for an out of contract striker to provide cover.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bradford exile

• Forum Member
Re: Mcsheffry
« Reply #1 on October 03, 2016, 01:48:04 pm by bradford exile »
Can't find any mention of that anywhere mate.

Where did you see it???????????

Regards

Ray

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 03, 2016, 01:51:32 pm by jonnydog »
More reason to give N'Guessan a shot imo!!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 03, 2016, 01:53:27 pm by The Red Baron »
On Twitter. Liam Hoden. Lund also out until after Christmas. His injury was clearly worse than first thought.

Mason, Baudry and Keegan will all play some part tomorrow.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 03, 2016, 02:40:04 pm by Bezza »
shame about McSheffrey lets hope he gets fit for the run in.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 03, 2016, 03:14:41 pm by wing commander »
    Like I've said on other debates about signing Mcsheffry..It really was a risk to far to offer a injured player of that age a short contract....

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 03, 2016, 04:24:59 pm by glosterred »
The question that's got to be asked is, did we sign him without doing a proper medical on him, if we did why wasn't it known that he would be out this long and requiring an operation to cure the problem. Also why didn't he have this op before the season started and the Rovers signing him?

COYR

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 03, 2016, 04:38:58 pm by GazLaz »
He didn't seem like a crock last season, he was outstanding.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 03, 2016, 05:14:16 pm by glosterred »

He was crocked whilst playing for us, since we signed him how much in wages has been spent for no gain? We could have had a fit player instead.

COYR

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 03, 2016, 05:39:57 pm by wing commander »
The point is Gaz,he had a bad injury back end of last season and was still obviously injured when we signed him as he hasn't even trained properly yet...You can be George best but if your sat in the stands for the season your not any good...like I said when we signed him,At his age and with his recent injury record over last season it didn't make sense..

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 03, 2016, 06:38:00 pm by raggytash »
No wonder he was sending all his paper work from Ireland like there's no tomorrow, it was well documented at the time, looks to me he knew the score but why the hell didn't our medical staff pick it up and after he cried off with it, they blame scunny??? Surely there's something not right with this, just like n'guessan, total there wages up etc it'll be a big chunk wasted on two piss takers

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 03, 2016, 06:50:03 pm by steve@dcfd »
I believe we tried to get him fit without the operation. We took that risk when we signed him. It looks that he could not get the medial ligament strain to improve so operation is required.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 03, 2016, 07:30:08 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I doubt he wants to be injured...

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 03, 2016, 07:36:44 pm by PDX_Rover »
Look at this way. It'll be like a new signing in January.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 03, 2016, 07:42:01 pm by Danmckay456 »
Hopefully we will go back in for the lad from Greenock Morton in January , good opportunity for Mandeville and Beestin to prove their worth

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 03, 2016, 07:54:17 pm by deebee »
I refer you back to this post I made in July
Gary McSheffrey
« on July 20, 2016, 09:40:48 AM by deebee »
QuoteModifyRemove
Was it a wise move to sign this injury prone striker? Although a decent player when fit it seems that is often not the case. Already out and the season hasn't started yet.
Modify message
R

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 04, 2016, 01:03:08 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He was outstanding trying to keep us up at times, yes it was a risk signing him but i personally would have taken the same risk. Having said that his injuries have got more often, even at Scunthorpe he had a bit of time out.
Then when he came back he had dropped down the pecking order. We wouldn't have had the opportunity to sign him without that. We're frustrated i hate to think how he's feeling!.

Thirty four years old and he is having to watch from the stands again. It's important that when he comes back, because he will that his problems have been fixed.
 He isn't much use to us injured, nobody ever is but he could just be like a new signing when he comes back in.
He could make the difference, there's no doubt that him in our side adds extra quality, experience a goal threat and creativity. When he plays he adds another twenty per cent to our side!.
 I can't wait to see him back in the shirt, he seems to me very similar to coppinger a good pro, who is a good influence on the younger players.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 04, 2016, 08:00:22 am by GazLaz »
He could be the player that sees us over the line in the second half of the season. I wouldn't write him off just yet. Classy operator.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 04, 2016, 09:24:25 am by wing commander »
   Your clutching at straws on this one Gaz..Weve had this debate since he signed on a couple of threads...I'm not disputing that he's a good player when fit as he is...But we are now in October and he will be out another 4 months at least and then he wont have kicked a ball for best part of a year so will be miles away from any kind of fitness..It wouldn't shock me if he doesn't kick a ball all season in a match for us...
     We will all have our own opinions on this I appreciate..but in a season with new loan players rules and extra games, signing a 34 year old with a current knee injury and a poor record of injury over the previous 18 months with the same problems was far to big a risk for us to take, and we are paying for that now as he wouldn't have been cheap...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012