Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:23:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Barnet fans tribute for "Donny Gaz"  (Read 2447 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Barnet fans tribute for "Donny Gaz"
« on October 07, 2016, 01:42:24 pm by RoversAlias »
Barnet's official Twitter page posted today to say the following:

"#BarnetFC supporters are planning a round of applause in the 32nd minute of Saturday's game at @drfc_official in memory of Donny Gaz. (1/2)

"This is #BarnetFC's first visit to @drfc_official since Gareth passed in 2014. He was, of course, a Doncaster resident and a big Bees fan."

Just thought I'd mention it as a heads up for anyone who might be confused tomorrow when they do it, or who might want to join in showing their respects.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
Re: Barnet fans tribute for "Donny Gaz"
« Reply #1 on October 07, 2016, 01:47:36 pm by eastender »
I remember this being posted on here at the time he died.

http://www.barnetfc.com/news/article/farewell-to-donny-gaz-2093166.aspx

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 07, 2016, 03:19:19 pm by RoversAlias »
Thanks for that Eastender, I hadn't heard of his story before but did a bit more reading and apparently Gaz was a Bessacarr lad who got hit by a train near Donny station around a decade ago, losing his leg and suffering from some brain injuries. He died a couple of years ago from underlying issues relating to that, but still used to get down to games at Barnet regularly after his accident. Nice quote from his dad here in a Free Press article last year:

"He was just a fantastic lad. After the accident he didn’t let anything get him down. He had a fantastic sense of humour and used to say it’s just as well he lost his right leg because he was left-footed at football."

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 07, 2016, 08:39:11 pm by BobG »
Oh. That's just awful. Poor, poor lad. I didn't see this story at the time. I wish I had. It'd be a nice gesture if some of our supporters could join in the applause in the 32nd minute.

Cheers

BobG

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 07, 2016, 09:46:40 pm by jonnydog »
Oh. That's just awful. Poor, poor lad. I didn't see this story at the time. I wish I had. It'd be a nice gesture if some of our supporters could join in the applause in the 32nd minute.

Cheers

BobG

I'm up for that, spread the word folks!!

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 07, 2016, 10:27:13 pm by del boy »

"He was just a fantastic lad. After the accident he didn’t let anything get him down. He had a fantastic sense of humour and used to say it’s just as well he lost his right leg because he was left-footed at football."

This sums Gaz up perfectly. He absolutely loved his football, I had many a chat with him about it and as the above quote says he never seemed to let anything get him down. Great lad and a great loss.

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 08, 2016, 09:55:19 am by watto-drfc »
come on boys on your feet on 32 minutes lets all show that us Rovers fans care.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012