Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 02:24:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: BBC Football heaven!  (Read 2456 times)

Cbrover24

• Forum Member
BBC Football heaven!
« on December 08, 2019, 01:16:40 am by Cbrover24 »
Don’t know if anyone else was listening, but at around 6.05pm a caller called graham (I think his name was) came on the show, and the first think he said was Moore out and put Copps as manager!! 🤦🏻‍♂️🙈🤦🏻‍♂️ Now I know we are going through a tough time, but seriously, this guy just sounded a complete retard! It was cringe worthy stuff, and I was embarrassed listening to this fool on the radio slating the manager and club! Seriously where do these type of people come from?? Yes today’s game was not brilliant, but by no means was it a poor showing!! We are NOT Liverpool and we do not have a Devine right to win every game!! Think back to when McSnake left us, we had a handful of players on the books, and needed players ASAP to put a team out! Granted, it’s not gone how we all would of hoped, however we have 3 games in hand over 6th place, the league is fu*ked up due to games getting cancelled and teams been expelled, so it’s all over the place and it is what it is! Personally I don’t think we will get promoted this season, mid to top half of the league this season is where I think we will end up, although I hope I’m wrong, which in hindsight is not that bad really! I believe next season will be our season personally, but seriously some people just need to take a long hard luck at themselves and realise what we have and the structure that is now in place, will benefit us for years to come even if it’s not an instant success straight away!! Look at the bigger picture!! Glass is half full rather than half empty if u get my meaning!! 🤷🏻‍♂️ Rant over!!!! 😡

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: BBC Football heaven!
« Reply #1 on December 08, 2019, 08:49:45 am by mrfrostsdad »
Don’t know if anyone else was listening, but at around 6.05pm a caller called graham (I think his name was) came on the show, and the first think he said was Moore out and put Copps as manager!! 🤦🏻‍♂️🙈🤦🏻‍♂️ Now I know we are going through a tough time, but seriously, this guy just sounded a complete retard! It was cringe worthy stuff, and I was embarrassed listening to this fool on the radio slating the manager and club! Seriously where do these type of people come from?? Yes today’s game was not brilliant, but by no means was it a poor showing!! We are NOT Liverpool and we do not have a Devine right to win every game!! Think back to when McSnake left us, we had a handful of players on the books, and needed players ASAP to put a team out! Granted, it’s not gone how we all would of hoped, however we have 3 games in hand over 6th place, the league is fu*ked up due to games getting cancelled and teams been expelled, so it’s all over the place and it is what it is! Personally I don’t think we will get promoted this season, mid to top half of the league this season is where I think we will end up, although I hope I’m wrong, which in hindsight is not that bad really! I believe next season will be our season personally, but seriously some people just need to take a long hard luck at themselves and realise what we have and the structure that is now in place, will benefit us for years to come even if it’s not an instant success straight away!! Look at the bigger picture!! Glass is half full rather than half empty if u get my meaning!! 🤷🏻‍♂️ Rant over!!!! 😡

I would only pick up on one point you've made there and that is 'today's was not a poor showing'
Spot on. It wasn't poor, it was awful

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 08, 2019, 09:19:49 am by graingrover »
I would pick up on more than one point unlike Frost ..you are spot on It is always the negative supporters that come out to crow their philosophies of doom and gloom and  spew their vile when the going gets tough.It says much more about the moaners than it does about their targets.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 08, 2019, 09:48:47 am by the vicar »
Is he your mate, as the comment is similar to yours meaning just as daft. Not a poor showing my backside, well no it wasn't poor it was dire or even worse, after the last two performances you would think they would want to put up a fight to show the fans what they are made of but no it gets worse
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 09:55:34 am by the vicar »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 08, 2019, 11:01:58 am by sha66y »
I would pick up on more than one point unlike Frost ..you are spot on It is always the negative supporters that come out to crow their philosophies of doom and gloom and  spew their vile when the going gets tough.It says much more about the moaners than it does about their targets.

Just to pick up on a point that I consider much more important....
Fans like me who are very supportive and tend to rationalise the results in a favourable way are starting to question the strategy and formations being applied at home ...

Sticking to patterns that do not work is either attributed to stubbornness, or the inability to see what’s actually happening in front of your eyes week in week out....

We are found out!
We are not as fluid as we need to be!
We are not as good as we could be!
and teams are coming to the keepmoat and doing to us what we should be doing to them!

Playing Sheaf and Whiteman as defenders 5&6 is so obviously damaging and defensive, we can’t seem to link with the attacking 4 unless they come deep and take up defensive marking roles....it just looks plain wrong from playing out from the back to having no real endgame...

Rant over....

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 08, 2019, 11:10:31 am by Donnybax »
It’s almost as if we could do with someone a bit different next to Whiteman. A bit like Crawford

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 08, 2019, 11:13:19 am by wing commander »
We are paying the price for our poor summer recruitment..Yes it was poor yesterday and the strength of our bench tells it's own tale,but we've got to just do the best we can till January,not normally a great time to recruit but we have little choice really..

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 08, 2019, 01:40:45 pm by BigH »
It’s almost as if we could do with someone a bit different next to Whiteman. A bit like Crawford
Who is out with a long term injury!

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 08, 2019, 02:02:36 pm by NewDonny »
Who is out with a long term injury!

At another club.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 09, 2019, 11:44:49 pm by mrfrostsdad »

So, maybe you think like the manager who thought we played ok? Come on, be honest, it was awful. Nowt like being honest 😱😱

DD

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 10, 2019, 12:07:30 am by DD »
I didn't listen in to Radio Sheffield tonight .....however I have expressed my thoughts on another post;

Well I am concerned about the management...how anyone can sign a player (even on short term) like Bingham is beyond me! Was there anyone in that crowd who BY HALF TIME didn't recognise that he is garbage? In fact those that care to read my previous posts (18/9 & 1/12) will recall that I have said that Bingham / Thomas / Gomez (& May) are simply not good enough - weeks ago!! None would get in a Conference side.
That said - Thomas is far better than Bingham - so why didn't he start? why leave it 'til 85 mins (or thereabouts) before swapping over? Why not put one of the centre halves up front - I dont like square pegs / round holes - but needs must!
Add to that the kamikaze "pass from back no matter what", the diminutive size & strength of our midfield, & no one left upfront when defending corners worries me.
That was a truly shocking performance - by the team & the manager.
January window can't come soon enough - when hopefully we will see some movement!!!!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012