Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:35:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Todays goals  (Read 4657 times)

1879Rovers

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Re: Todays goals
« Reply #1 on September 10, 2016, 07:54:01 pm by Alickismyhero »
Thank you for the link.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 10, 2016, 08:18:36 pm by Copps is Magic »
OK, I'll open up a talking point then.

What was different between the goal conceded today and the goal conceded at Accrington? The Accrington one was in some ways more awkward yet Etheridge got dropped immediately for it?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 08:21:07 pm by Copps is Magic »

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 10, 2016, 08:30:39 pm by karldew »
Wasn't the Accrington one going wide?

The goal today was a decent goal and would of taken Marosi by surprise where as the accrington one came from 35 yards and you could see the shot coming a long time before it went in.

Can't compare the 2 for me..

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 10, 2016, 08:35:46 pm by Copps is Magic »
If you are being harsh in the sense of wanting the best out of your players 'took him by surprise' is not quite a good enough excuse is it? He should be constantly ready, especially when a strikers gets the ball on the edge of the box. It would be nice to see it from a different angle but it looks to me like he could have saved it.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 10, 2016, 09:30:01 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Some great play for those goals, but what was Marquis doing getting involved in the red card incident? He could easily have had a second yellow for a stupid sending off and ban when we have no experienced striker cover available.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 10, 2016, 09:35:01 pm by rich1471 »
I was not at the game today but after seeing the goal we have to understand we are in the forth tier of football and Marosi is no joe hart it looked a very good goal what could Marosi do , I don't think he is a good goal keeper but a lot through the same of Gary woods and he played a lot in our promotion season so in Ferguson we trust

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 10, 2016, 09:39:33 pm by besty »
It was a brilliant goal,the highlights dont do justice to the goals no blame to the keeper for me

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 10, 2016, 09:41:59 pm by Draytonian III »
It was a brilliant goal,the highlights dont do justice to the goals no blame to the keeper for me

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 10, 2016, 09:49:06 pm by bobjimwilly »

darren61

« Reply #10 on September 10, 2016, 09:54:38 pm by darren61 »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 10, 2016, 11:08:15 pm by drfchound »
In the TLO match thread someone posted that their goal came about after a mistake by Marosi.
Looking at the goal I can't agree with that.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 10, 2016, 11:51:14 pm by BobG »
Surely we didn't see far enough back Hound? The point I heard on the commentary was that the ball could and should have been cleared before it got anywhere near that guy who walloped it. A mistake by the goalie presumably.

Bob
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 12:01:36 am by BobG »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 10, 2016, 11:54:12 pm by wilts rover »
It looked very different standing behind the goal than on the tv highlights, Marsoi did seem to go down late. Andy Butler certainly thought so for the rolicking he gave him.

Etheridge played the next league game after Accrington btw.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 11, 2016, 12:07:12 am by Retdon1 »
I think he was getting stick for not clearing his lines a few moments before that. He tried to pass it short to evina instead of clearing it long.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 11, 2016, 08:59:03 am by dickos1 »
Etheridge wasn't dropped immediately he played the next league game and dropped another clanger

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 11, 2016, 02:40:25 pm by drfchound »
I think he was getting stick for not clearing his lines a few moments before that. He tried to pass it short to evina instead of clearing it long.

Ferguson likes the keeper to play it short to defenders rather than to kick it long.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 11, 2016, 03:20:03 pm by RoversAlias »

Ferguson likes the keeper to play it short to defenders rather than to kick it long.

He does but he did cock up the ball out to Evina. Prior to the goal there was that and one other error by a defender that led Morecambe to get possession and ultimately score.

For me Marosi is doing a good job at the moment and should be kept faith with. It was a good hit by Stockton and whilst he could have done better there Marosi still had a solid game.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 11, 2016, 03:39:15 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Etheridge's mistake on that goal was not anticipating the bounce just in front of him, though that's not always easy to be fair. Marosi was beaten by a good shot.

I think both keepers are about equal and for this season I can see both being used with Marosi just in front, but Etheridge will improve more with time, could be the one for our League 1 title push. IMHO, Marosi has some very good natural ability but lacks in his thought process. Maybe he'll transcend that.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 11, 2016, 05:36:55 pm by RedJ »
That's probably down to lack of experience. He's had f**k all game time in his entire professional career until now.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 11, 2016, 11:44:49 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

I hope he's not turning into guardiola!.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
One thing I noticed from the Morecambe highlights...
« Reply #21 on September 12, 2016, 07:44:02 pm by PDX_Rover »
Rowe does an excellent job of getting a foot in to break up attacks in the opponents' half before they get going. We were sorely missing that last season, until he came. He gets stuck in. Like that. Marquis also puts himself about to great effect.

Breaking up play high up the pitch immediately forces the opposition to back pedal.

Great stuff. That 10 minutes or so of highlights is great to watch.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: One thing I noticed from the Morecambe highlights...
« Reply #22 on September 12, 2016, 11:48:14 pm by RoversAlias »
Houghton and Rowe particularly, among a great team effort, were superb at breaking up play and turning over possession for us. One of the key factors in our dominant win.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 13, 2016, 10:32:14 am by PopStander »
OK, I'll open up a talking point then.

What was different between the goal conceded today and the goal conceded at Accrington? The Accrington one was in some ways more awkward yet Etheridge got dropped immediately for it?

I think on the whole Marosi has look confident in goal, Etheridge looked scared at Accrington and it was his mistakes that cost us, Marosi's mistake cost us nothing really. The difference with the two goals is Morecambe's was on target and Accrington's wasn't.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012