Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:02:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Baroness Jones  (Read 11757 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Baroness Jones
« Reply #120 on March 19, 2021, 10:19:36 pm by drfchound »
Keep up Sydney, wilts has already posted a link with the footage.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on March 19, 2021, 10:20:51 pm by SydneyRover »
You keep adding zero to the conversation hound ............... it still adds up to zero no matter how often you do it

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on March 19, 2021, 10:21:41 pm by drfchound »
You keep adding zero to the conversation hound ............... it still adds up to zero no matter how often you do it

A bit like your question to me a little earlier then.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on March 20, 2021, 12:07:52 am by bpoolrover »
Here's some fotage of the incident

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/19/west-midlands-police-officer-attacked-woman-pc-oliver-banfield

police reluctant to investigate their own yet again.
while I think the guy should go to jail, if you send people to jail for doing that you would need to build 50 more prisons, unfortunately there is not the space to do that

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on March 20, 2021, 01:56:41 am by SydneyRover »
We can't have people in the police force that we can't trust bp. There needs to be a stricter criteria for selection if coppers don't know they can't share crime scene data or images, inappropriate images nor break the law. Whey should not be allowed to belong to private social media groups nor use encrypted messaging, if they can't deal with that maybe they're in the wrong job.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on March 20, 2021, 07:31:48 am by Ldr »
If you choose to step outside the law, don't cry when you face consequences. Under current legislation (not saying I agree with as I don't) the gathering was illegal. They knew it, they went ahead, stop whinging

Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge was in attendence - and not wearing a mask. Are you saying our future Queen broke the law? If so what punishment should she receive?

I'm not a judge, but if she attended a gathering which is against the law then yes, she should face whatever consequences others face

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on March 20, 2021, 07:37:35 am by bpoolrover »
We can't have people in the police force that we can't trust bp. There needs to be a stricter criteria for selection if coppers don't know they can't share crime scene data or images, inappropriate images nor break the law. Whey should not be allowed to belong to private social media groups nor use encrypted messaging, if they can't deal with that maybe they're in the wrong job.

100 percent agree Sydney but what ever job your always going to get horrible people that have no criminal record and until they commit a crime have a clean record

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on March 20, 2021, 08:18:54 am by wilts rover »

100 percent agree Sydney but what ever job your always going to get horrible people that have no criminal record and until they commit a crime have a clean record

So every policeman is a potential criminal that you can't trust? Have a nice day.

In the Channel 4 news story they said a major contributor to the recent spate of incidents is a less rigerous vetting process for current recruits, under Johnson's push to recruit the 20000 new officers he promised to replace the experienced ones cut under the Tories.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on March 20, 2021, 08:25:43 am by wilts rover »
10 years in jail if you attack a statue.

£500 fine, a night time curfew and you get to keep your job if you are a policeman and attack a lone woman you don't know in the street:

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1372964818542542850

I’m not sure he will keep his job wilts.
He will probably lose his job when the case is heard.

This happened in July last year, 8 months ago. As of today this this 'bloke' is still employed and paid by the public to be a serving police officer.

Its not that they didn't sack him straight away - if you watch the C4 news story they initially refused to investigate him! It's not just him that should go.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on March 20, 2021, 10:33:21 am by bpoolrover »

So every policeman is a potential criminal that you can't trust? Have a nice day.

In the Channel 4 news story they said a major contributor to the recent spate of incidents is a less rigerous vetting process for current recruits, under Johnson's push to recruit the 20000 new officers he promised to replace the experienced ones cut under the Tories.
https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jul/24/alarming-stats-show-309-police-officers-and-pcsos-arrested-for-serious-crimes this was before Johnson was in power,I can’t find any more up to date figures
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 10:49:21 am by bpoolrover »

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on March 20, 2021, 12:00:16 pm by belton rover »
You can’t blame the recruitment process for bad eggs getting through. You can put systems in place to prevent that happening as much as possible, but it can never be perfect.
The recruitment process for the police is very rigorous.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on March 20, 2021, 12:53:03 pm by drfchound »
Maybe it isn’t as strict in Australia Belton.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on March 20, 2021, 12:55:30 pm by Filo »
You can’t blame the recruitment process for bad eggs getting through. You can put systems in place to prevent that happening as much as possible, but it can never be perfect.

Not rigorous enough that they employ over 200 convicted criminals
https://news.sky.com/story/assault-burglary-and-animal-cruelty-police-officers-convicted-of-crimes-working-for-uk-forces-12024264

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on March 20, 2021, 01:06:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Constant ad hominems, yet never a word of reproach. How odd.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on March 20, 2021, 01:23:21 pm by drfchound »

Constant ad hominems, yet never a word of reproach. How odd.

Someone of intelligence might see that I hadn’t made a statement of fact.
I thought you were better than that bst..
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 01:49:33 pm by drfchound »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on March 20, 2021, 01:30:27 pm by SydneyRover »
Always muddying the waters aye hound, try not to take things personally unless of course you want things to be personal .................. never commited enough to state your position.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on March 20, 2021, 01:45:54 pm by SydneyRover »

Not rigorous enough that they employ over 200 convicted criminals
https://news.sky.com/story/assault-burglary-and-animal-cruelty-police-officers-convicted-of-crimes-working-for-uk-forces-12024264

''Police officers hold office and are not employees.[5] Each officer is an independent legal official and not an "agent of the police force, police authority or government".[6] This allows the police their unique status and notionally provides the citizens of the UK a protection from any government that might wish unlawfully to use the police as an instrument against them''

Maybe this has to change because although it may protect the police from unlawful behaviour from the government it sure doesn't stop unlawful behaviour perpetrated on the public from the police not in the past and clearly not now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_Federation_of_England_and_Wales#:~:text=The%20Police%20Federation%20of%20England%20and%20Wales%20was%20set%20up,strikes%20in%201918%20and%201919.&text=However%2C%20unlike%20a%20union%2C%20the,powers%20to%20call%20a%20strike.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on March 20, 2021, 01:47:48 pm by drfchound »
Always muddying the waters aye hound, try not to take things personally unless of course you want things to be personal .................. never commited enough to state your position.

You never pick up on it when I do state my position Sydney, in your hurry to have a go at me.
Like on the Coronavirus thread last night for example.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on March 20, 2021, 01:49:01 pm by SydneyRover »
try and stick to the topic in hand hound

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on March 20, 2021, 01:49:55 pm by belton rover »
Filo, as your link states, a conviction doesn’t (and absolutely shouldn’t, IMO) result in automatic rejection. This has been the case since long before Johnson was there to blame.
Also, the cases in the link refer mainly to convictions whilst serving, with no detail. This has nothing to do with recruitment.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on March 20, 2021, 01:51:34 pm by drfchound »
try and stick to the topic in hand hound

You changed the topic though when you questioned what I posted about.
Perhaps you should take your own advice.
Cant you sleep.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on March 20, 2021, 01:53:13 pm by Filo »

You never pick up on it when I do state my position Sydney, in your hurry to have a go at me.

You never picked up on this correction to one of your accusations yesterday in a different thread

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=280483.msg1038398#msg1038398

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on March 20, 2021, 01:53:49 pm by SydneyRover »

Like this lame attempt of a wind up hound?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on March 20, 2021, 01:56:52 pm by drfchound »

You never picked up on this correction to one of your accusations yesterday in a different thread

Be careful Filo, you might be accused by Sydney of not sticking to the topic.
Mind, Sydney won’t have a go at someone on his team.
However, I didn’t read it until you highlighted it just now but I don’t see where BST’s post requested a response.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on March 20, 2021, 01:58:50 pm by drfchound »

Like this lame attempt of a wind up hound?

Of course you never post stuff to get a reaction from other posters do you.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on March 20, 2021, 01:59:53 pm by SydneyRover »
only from you hound  :)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on March 20, 2021, 02:00:00 pm by Filo »

However, I didn’t read it until you highlighted it just now but I don’t see where BST’s post requested a response.

In other words you were wrong, but declined to respond in the hope it’s forgotten, you respond, without request to most things, not sure why you feel the need for a request on that post

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on March 20, 2021, 02:04:46 pm by drfchound »

In other words you were wrong, but declined to respond in the hope it’s forgotten, you respond, without request to most things, not sure why you feel the need for a request on that post

I just said I hadn’t seen it until you highlighted the post.
Maybe you didn’t see that.
I couldn’t give a monkeys about whether it is forgotten by the way.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on March 20, 2021, 02:26:05 pm by SydneyRover »
it's quite disgraceful that police forces do not on request gather and release statistics for how many criminals work in their particular force. For whatever reason crimals work in the police force the public should be entitled to know whether they were criminals before they started or became criminals in the force and why they still work there.

It probably won't happen in this parliamentary term in the UK but a law similar to this would help.

David Shoebridge a lawyer and MP got a law passed in NSW that with a majority vote in parliament the government of the day has to produce documents as requested by an MP and this law has been used sucessfully several times, once of which is relevant to this conversation as to how useful it can/could be.

''NSW police spent $24m on legal settlements, including for battery and false imprisonment

Police defended and settled almost 300 civil claims against officers during the last financial year''

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/sep/08/nsw-police-spent-24m-on-legal-settlements-including-for-battery-and-false-imprisonment

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on March 20, 2021, 02:30:26 pm by belton rover »
Sydney what benefit could there be to the public knowing that a police officer has a conviction?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012