Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:31:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stoke have sold out?  (Read 7012 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Stoke have sold out?
« on January 03, 2016, 12:00:42 pm by normal rules »
Reading their forums looks like they have shifted the 4200 we gave them. A lot of praise from them for the ticket prices.

On a down side, a lot seem to think the game will be a push over for them , even if they put out a reserve side.

Love it when rovers are the underdogs, perhaps they have not been keeping an eye on our form lately.

Should easily make over 10k crowd on the day. Let's hope for even more.

The magic of the fa cup, can't beat it..........

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Stoke have sold out?
« Reply #1 on January 03, 2016, 12:33:01 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
Be disappointed if we can't exceed 12,500+, wonder how many tickets have been sold for the home end? Surely to god we can get a near capacity gate, were on a good run at the moment and value for money, come on Donny!!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 03, 2016, 12:35:48 pm by Alan Southstand »
And well they might do, with the form they are in! Mark Hughes has turned them into a top 10 side and that takes some doing. I sincerely hope they don't bring their full first team. I still remember what Bolton, and Kevin Davis did to us all those years ago.

I hope our supporters respond this week and ticket sales go well.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 03, 2016, 01:08:10 pm by Copps is Magic »
Only 750 tickets left for the Black Bank according to Murrant.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 03, 2016, 01:10:21 pm by mushRTID »
Only 750 tickets left for the Black Bank according to Murrant.

746....I have just bought 4! Looking forward to this one but I also see them as very similar if not better than that Bolton side. That really was men against boys but I'm sure Fergie will have us at it!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 03, 2016, 01:14:26 pm by Copps is Magic »
Look's like it will be full. Good to have 3,300 facing the Stoke fans and hopefully most of them singing. Big test for unallocated seating this.

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 03, 2016, 01:15:43 pm by ridgewoodrover »
Been reading one of their forums , some numpty potter from donny thinks the majority of doncastrians follow the owls . I know a lot of Leeds fans & blades fans . Do people outside of donny think we're that poorly supported . :crying: :crying:

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 03, 2016, 01:17:01 pm by Yorkiered »
Been reading one of their forums , some numpty potter from donny thinks the majority of doncastrians follow the owls . I know a lot of Leeds fans & blades fans . Do people outside of donny think we're that poorly supported . :crying: :crying:

It must have been Harry  ;)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 03, 2016, 01:52:04 pm by Donnywolf »
Yes that was a bit of an anti climax coming as it did amongst the euphoria of the opening of the Keepmoat and the recent hammering of Huddersfield T

Did not take long for Bolton to burst that bubble !

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 03, 2016, 02:21:58 pm by Filo »
Looks like Palfrey's will have a few Stokies in

Palfreys lodge, Cantley doncaster. 5 coaches booked in and minibuses. All welcome. Ring Joe on 07961718546 to book any coach or minibuses.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/250885/cup-doncaster-rovers-stoke-city?page=8#ixzz3wBuICcKU

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 03, 2016, 03:52:14 pm by drfchound »

To be fair we are poorly supported aren't we.
For a town the size of Doncaster and the overall catchment area, to get 5000 or so diehards attending games isn't very good.
there are always going to be 2-3000 floating fans who turn up now and again if things are going well but that is about it.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 03, 2016, 03:58:47 pm by ravenrover »
With so few tickets left for the SOUTH STAND I hope it is made very clear if there is no pay on the gate, I can see the moans starting now about people turning up at the South Stand and getting redirected to the ticket office for seats in West or East stand and missing the start of the game because of queues at the ticket office.

winegums

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 03, 2016, 04:02:24 pm by winegums »
Can't see how they could do pay on the gate with so few tickets left for the South Stand

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 03, 2016, 04:15:18 pm by ravenrover »
Correct, but has it been put out there?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 03, 2016, 04:35:18 pm by RedJ »
Even if it was, people would still turn up and kick off because people are stupid.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 03, 2016, 04:56:17 pm by colincramb »
There aren't many left in East and west. I bought 2 online at the end of last week and I was struggling to find two together that weren't either front row or in the corners

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 03, 2016, 05:22:20 pm by DearneValleyRover »
All sounds positive, let's hope both fans and players replicate it.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 03, 2016, 07:51:53 pm by Jenny »
There aren't many left in East and west. I bought 2 online at the end of last week and I was struggling to find two together that weren't either front row or in the corners

The season ticket holders seats haven't been released for general sale yet which will impact what you see online.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 03, 2016, 08:01:52 pm by the vicar »
Be disappointed if we can't exceed 12,500+, wonder how many tickets have been sold for the home end? Surely to god we can get a near capacity gate, were on a good run at the moment and value for money, come on Donny!!
tell that to the many that walked out v Scunny but yes should be a great crowd and fantastic game and day out
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:13:22 pm by the vicar »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 04, 2016, 02:15:22 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We might just be catching them in a downturn of form, poor result for them at West Brom. On paper we lose everytime, but thankfully the FA cup doesn't respect names, it's whoever does it on the day.
It sounds stupid with all the talent they have, that Peter Crouch is the one who could do us most damage.
The top players you can group around them and maybe stifle them, he only needs a couple of back post crosses and we are done. I think he is currently injured, i wish no bad on him, but don't want him fit for our game.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 04, 2016, 06:55:46 am by The Red Baron »
I think the West Brom game was probably a blip, and they would almost certainly come away with a point if one of their players had not stupidly got himself sent off.

More pertinently though,they have a big semi-final on Tuesday and a second leg to follow in a couple of weeks time. After they play us they have a midweek League game. So long as they are still in with a shout in the League Cup after Tuesday, I can see a much changed team coming to the Moat next Saturday.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 04, 2016, 09:53:36 pm by elmsallrover »
How much money will the club make out of Saturday game including prize money for getting to the 3rd round

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 04, 2016, 10:01:55 pm by RobTheRover »
Had an update from the club tonight.

Stoke have 10% of their allocation left so expected to sell out.

We have....

~250 tickets remaining in the East Stand
~300 tickets remaining in the South Stand
~1000 tickets remaining in the West Stand

If you dont yet have your tickets, I wouldn't leave it too much longer.  Get yours now HERE

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 04, 2016, 11:48:04 pm by Mike_F »
That must put current sales close to 13k. Every chance of a sell-out.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 05, 2016, 12:39:38 am by hoolahoop »
Got ours in the Black Bank today. I'm thinking very close if not a "sell out".

I hope that we are carefully monitoring who buys tickets for our home ends. They are for our supporters and they already have a more than generous allocation.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 05, 2016, 12:26:51 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »

They also think a few stokies will be dotted around the home ends. They aren't that big of a club surely.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012