Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:14:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tifos at the KM  (Read 8543 times)

PopStander

• Forum Member
Re: TIFO on Saturday
« Reply #30 on January 05, 2016, 02:37:16 pm by PopStander »
I'm a bit excited for Saturday! Can you remember when people said The Black Bank wouldn't work?
 :bbscarf: :bbscarf: :bbscarf: :bbscarf: :bbscarf: :bbscarf: :bbscarf: :bbscarf: :bbscarf: :bbscarf:
 :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 05, 2016, 02:41:15 pm by RobTheRover »
I have access to a couple of A0 plotters if this needs some instruction posters printing out....

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 05, 2016, 02:59:36 pm by DRFC »
Very kind Rob. I'll pass it on.

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Tifos at the KM
« Reply #33 on January 05, 2016, 05:33:36 pm by normal rules »
The Borussia Dortmund ultras take it to the extreme on the yellow wall or sud tribune, depending on where you come from. Very impressive stuff!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 05, 2016, 05:43:46 pm by Copps is Magic »
Yep, mental. Apparently a few thousand now regularly travel from England to Dortmund home games.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 05, 2016, 05:45:03 pm by RedJ »
It's f**king brilliant, going to Signal Iduna Park.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 05, 2016, 05:46:29 pm by normal rules »
Who can blame them, 15euro or whatever it is to stand on and be part of the largest terrace in Europe.

Some of the YouTube vids of this place are amazing.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 05, 2016, 05:55:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yep, mental. Apparently a few thousand now regularly travel from England to Dortmund home games.

I truly do not get this.

I've been to matches overseas to see a match. As a neutral.

But you're telling me that people go to take part in SOMEBODY ELSE'S fan celebrations?

Football celebrations are a spontaneous eruption of relief at a moment of drama. It's not synchronised swimming.

The thought of going to take part in someone else's fun is utterly bizarre. It's like spending loads of time, money and effort to gate crash someone else's wedding cos they throw a better party than your own mates.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 05, 2016, 05:58:26 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Not so long ago we were a million miles away from experiencing anything like the displays we see on TV at the likes of Dortmund.

It'll be great to see on Saturday the stands full, flags waving and people getting involved in a sea of red n white, all desperate to urge the lads on.

Be proud folks and pray we get a game to stir us up to a frenzy.!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 05, 2016, 06:06:17 pm by normal rules »
BST, I think you will find there is a regular travelling contingent from uk, some STH who are regulars at Dortmund.

I myself spent 5 years living in Germany and have a certain affinity with Broussia monchengladbach. They were my local team. 10 Dm to get in (4 quid) and you could carry in your own crate of beer and drink on terrace while sitting on it. Mind you, this was mid nineties.
There are lots of uk residents, especially those who have served overseas that have similar affinities to clubs.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 05, 2016, 06:06:26 pm by wilts rover »
Tifo is not the Italian word for supporting a football team! It is the Italian word for typhoid. Thus Italian fans are known as 'tifosi' because they 'carry a fever' as you would if you had typhoid.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 05, 2016, 06:11:09 pm by normal rules »
Then again, there are people who just want to be part of something that is deemed "special". I am surrounded at work by man ure fans, some of which have never been to old Trafford.

The same can be said about Barcelona I guess.

You see English kids trotting around uk wearing the shirts, not because they have been to camp nou, but because mum and dad spent a summer in benidorm if and got a cheapo snide shirt.

Horses for courses I suppose.

Dortmund has become a phenomena in European football and their ground has become famous for it, so it will attract football tourists.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 05, 2016, 06:33:29 pm by Copps is Magic »
But you're telling me that people go to take part in SOMEBODY ELSE'S fan celebrations?

It's only equally as strange as going to another sport and joining in the celebrations surely? I didn't know anything about curling, for example, until that time our girls won it at the olympics I started jumping up and down like an idiot (slight exaggeration)

Of course I've got an emotional attachment to Doncaster Rovers but I also appreciate the wider social situation in which football has come into being. Is it not a game of the people, on their day off from work, a form of relief, of entertainment?

For me it's a bit like a sense of camaraderie when the rest of the world is inherently individualistic. Then you sprinkle in that little bit of absurd spectacle that Dortmund fans have created and I would jump up and down with them any day of the week. Being in a foreign country makes it detached enough for me to do that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 05, 2016, 06:40:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Copps

I assume you didn't fly out to the Winter Olympics just to take part in those celebrations.

We're obviously cut from different blocks, but if you enjoy it then good luck to you. It's just not what I look for from football.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012